Sponsored by:

NASA Nationals at Mid-O

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 11:21 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

John H

Gee, that doesn't sound very tortoise-like... (Congrats on a great drive -- I'd love to see that vid)

Jim Child

Congrats on the championship.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:57 AM
bgiere
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

John H was definitley on the move...very fast and exciting to watch him pass cars every lap! I tried to do the same in the 944 Cup race after I spun on the second lap....
Old 09-18-2007, 01:20 PM
JoeMag
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick DeMan
Hey Joe,

Sure was me......nice meeting you..! That was a turbo GT3R you were seeing the fireballs from...We had a great second Qualifying race taking First overall with a best lap of 1:27.8 but broke a shifter cable 3 laps into the Feature race...BUMMER...we had a real shot at winning it all in SU..
Great meeting you too!! Oh okay, turbo, makes sense now on the flames. Kind of threw me for a sec why it would be running GT-1R in pca but didn't question as I was more concerned about checking out equipment.

Still didn't do too bad with shifter cable broken...
Old 09-18-2007, 08:02 PM
Bigpinekey
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeMag
Regarding super unlimited, there was a GT3R that lead the first few laps, but was over taken by a few Radicals and Stohr. It was cool watch'n him though because every time the 3R let off the gas there were two little fire ***** hovering at the exh outlets. ...not sure if that's the normal tune or show tune, haven't seen many of them race.

Hey Rick DeMan -- Was that you I was talk'n to on Sunday afternoon? I was the guy who spent 20mins looking in the wheel wells at the car's brakes/suspension and we were talk'n about 3R brakes. Didn't dawn on me until later that it might have been you....
Here's a clip of the P-car with the flames as we enter the Carousel.

Gives burning up the track a whole new meaning!
Old 09-18-2007, 11:22 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah, what a blast that four days was!

Yup, Jim, that is a purty accurate description of the race, in a nutshell. Mark Barr said the announcer stated, "You could throw a blanket over the first 3 positions in GTS2 at the finish line!"

Let's all do it again next year...this time, let me win!

Oh, and Jim, I learned a new "Ohioan Phrase" while I was there, "bauked" = held up by another car - and "bauked" I was when you passed, what a drag race up Thunder Valley it was, I posted a video clip of it here The Pass - we were door handle to door handle for quite some time!

Good job on the win, I knew you would come back to haunt me...no doubt there, I just got a good start...finally!
Old 09-19-2007, 08:37 AM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Curtis
Let's all do it again next year...this time, let me win!

what a drag race up Thunder Valley it was, I posted a video clip of it here The Pass - we were door handle to door handle for quite some time!
It was a lot of fun! I'm already looking forward to next year.

Thanks for posting the video! I have the same video from my car's perspective which I'll post in a few days.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:26 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

That'll be cool to see that!

Jim, if you can make it a 10Meg or so clip, about the length that I posted, I sure would like to have a FULL resolution version emailed to me so I can insert it into the DVD I'm creating for my archive...that would be sweet!

Goto www.nasaracing.net and "contact us" for my email address and I can send you my full res. clip as well if you like.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:48 AM
944Cup
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by BHunt 72T
How'd all of our Porsches boys do?

Brooks
Porsches pulled a stunning sweep of the podium in the 944 Cup classes at Nationals.

From the lap times and the talk, this was the best racing the Series has seen in its 6 years of existence. The racing was incredibly close, and after 4 days of intense racing, we had only one minor metal to metal incident that had no impact on the outcome of the week.

Speedcast filmed the 944 Cup race which should be available within a few weeks on a web link and a DVD to follow. In adition to trackside cameras, 4 Cup cars had Speedcast cameras mounted on their roofs. We should have some great footage. Will post here when available.

Congrats to the 2007 Nationals Champs, Jersey Joe Hrymack and Karl Troy, both very deserving and super representatives for the Series. Great podium drives by Cup class finishers Cris Brady and rookie Evan Brumm, and Steve Katz and Brad Waite in Super Cup.

Interesting footnotes were how well Hankooks performed at this high level of competition. Second, 3rd, and 4th in the Cup class were all using Hankooks. Also of note was how competitive the lowest HP car in Super Cup, a 944S, was during the entire week. Even though almost a 100 lbs overweight, the 944S took the poll for the Saturday qualifying race and the Championship race.

Results: http://www.mylaps.com/results/...51843

Go to Run Group "E" for 944 Cup results.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:10 PM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

That'll be cool to see that!

Jim, if you can make it a 10Meg or so clip, about the length that I posted, I sure would like to have a FULL resolution version emailed to me so I can insert it into the DVD I'm creating for my archive...that would be sweet!

Goto www.nasaracing.net and "contact us" for my email address and I can send you my full res. clip as well if you like.

Jeff, you have e-mail.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:12 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

NICE VIDEO Jim!

...you definitely need to post that. Gawd dang you are SMOOTH, that's for sure...that car and your shifts are seamless...no wonder you get around that track so well.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:04 AM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

NICE VIDEO Jim!

...you definitely need to post that. Gawd dang you are SMOOTH, that's for sure...that car and your shifts are seamless...no wonder you get around that track so well.
Here you go: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...50811576&hl=en

This is about 10 minutes of the race starting where I get by the #122 GTS3 car that was separating us, then close the gap and finally get the lucky break in traffic to get by you. This entire time I have Carl Picelle's #311 GTS2 glued to my rear bumper.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:10 AM
Dave in Chicago
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Child
Here you go: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...50811576&hl=en

This is about 10 minutes of the race starting where I get by the #122 GTS3 car that was separating us, then close the gap and finally get the lucky break in traffic to get by you. This entire time I have Carl Picelle's #311 GTS2 glued to my rear bumper.
Nice drive Jim! You and others are starting to convince me it's time to install the right-side net feature in my blue car too.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:34 AM
Sterling Doc
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Great videos guys!
Mine here:
Full race report, pics and video up on: 944spec.org
Old 09-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Dave in Chicago
Nice drive Jim! You and others are starting to convince me it's time to install the right-side net feature in my blue car too.
You're seeing more and more of these nets because its a NASA requirement to have either a right side net, or a seat with head bolsters. I thought the net would be intrusive, but I don't even notice it when driving.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:14 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

NICE VIDEO Jim!

Jeff
How do you run a D car in GTS2? How much weight do you have to add?
Sean

Quick Reply: NASA Nationals at Mid-O