Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Etiquette advice needed......

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007 | 05:35 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Brian,

I did an event with a region once (and I honestly forget which one it was) that said something to the effect that passing without a signal is wrong, but if it were to happen, about 25% of the blame is on the passing car and the other 75% of the blame is on the car who got passed. The idea was that if you can pass someone on a straight without drama and the other person does not realize what is going on, then the passee is mostly to blame for not being aware enough to be courteous to others on the track.

The 25% of the blame for the passer is that we know the rules and we should respect them.
Old 09-14-2007 | 05:43 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

I can pretty much go along with that.
I never get that lucky though... I get sent home because some bonehead doesn't even know I'm behind them... (and I'm not waiting forever on that signal)
Old 09-14-2007 | 05:52 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Kurt, yes you guessed right, I am trying to replace colorchange and GR since I have nothing better to do..... How am I doing?......Sayonara....
Quite well. I am a very practiced and Kurtious passing signal giver but look forward to getting your BP up for a lap or two someday.
Old 09-14-2007 | 05:53 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BrianKeithSmith
I can pretty much go along with that.
I never get that lucky though... I get sent home because some bonehead doesn't even know I'm behind them... (and I'm not waiting forever on that signal)
It must be nice to have enough HP that that's an option.
Old 09-14-2007 | 06:18 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Brian P
No worries - I've had the pleasure of instructing BostonDMD earlier this year at Lime Rock. Fortunately, at the time, I had spent about a year hiatus from Rennlist, so I had no idea what I was getting into. I think I would have been a bit more apprehensive (if that was possible) had I read his comments before I instructed him.
Brian, you probably don't remember, but you did promote me to Yellow Solo in early April with the Cayman S...... just before the track car....
Consequently we can say that you had your part in making BostonDMD, the "maniac" that he is today.......
Old 09-14-2007 | 06:28 PM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Brian, you probably don't remember, but you did promote me to Yellow Solo in early April with the Cayman S...... just before the track car....
Consequently we can say that you had your part in making BostonDMD, the "maniac" that he is today.......
And that was the event when I'd see you on top of me before I'd know it. You and that Cayman S were freakishly fast that day ... are you sure you didn't lap me??
Old 09-14-2007 | 07:27 PM
dpressley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I readily admit I'm a complete n00b, and a pacifist at that. When I found myself in a train, I went into the hot pits and asked for a window. When I moved up and found myself not being able to point-by cars fast enough, I went into the hot pits and asked for a window. Should I have done any different? I just really want to play nice and get invited back.... and not embarrass my hubby
Old 09-14-2007 | 08:01 PM
James-man
Race Car

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
If I remember right, I have to post something about one of my shortcomings? I can certainly do that if I'm deemed to be worthy of admission...
Sorry about that - I am not well versed on admissions criteria. Couldn't you start with HP deficiency? Good luck!
Old 09-14-2007 | 08:25 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

If you want to ensure getting a pass signal from everyone, the best place to do it would be to announce it at the driver's meeting. Say something like, "Hi, I'm Paolo and I'm the fastest guy here and unless you want me punting you out of the way like a GTC1 driver, then you better give me the pass signal as soon as you see me in your mirrors."

I'm sure that people will remember you after that.
Utterly Brilliant!

Old 09-14-2007 | 08:35 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RedlineMan
Funny. Have you run with that in NNJR? I'd be curious to hear if they asked you to remove it. I've seen and heard them ask folks to remove stickers like that because they aren't "in the spirit" of DE.
Old 09-14-2007 | 08:36 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dpressley
I readily admit I'm a complete n00b, and a pacifist at that. When I found myself in a train, I went into the hot pits and asked for a window. When I moved up and found myself not being able to point-by cars fast enough, I went into the hot pits and asked for a window. Should I have done any different? I just really want to play nice and get invited back.... and not embarrass my hubby
Hey;

Don't be too wimpy out there, Deb. Take what is yours, and give what is someone else's. No more, no less. Be coutreous, but not to a fault, in other words. Above all else, be timely and predictable. You'll do fine!!
Old 09-14-2007 | 08:39 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Funny. Have you run with that in NNJR? I'd be curious to hear if they asked you to remove it. I've seen and heard them ask folks to remove stickers like that because they aren't "in the spirit" of DE.
It's new;

I don't get help up THAT often... not in NNJR Red, but I wouldn't if they did anyway. Ya gotta have a sense of humor.
Old 09-14-2007 | 09:16 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

If you want to ensure getting a pass signal from everyone, the best place to do it would be to announce it at the driver's meeting. Say something like, "Hi, I'm Paolo and I'm the fastest guy here and unless you want me punting you out of the way like a GTC1 driver, then you better give me the pass signal as soon as you see me in your mirrors."

I'm sure that people will remember you after that.
Paolo, Brian's right. You don't want to be like the guy in this video getting passed...

Don't be like this Boxster S guy
Old 09-14-2007 | 09:24 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Charlie, nice clip. What camera system are you using if you don't mind sharing?
Old 09-14-2007 | 09:57 PM
sjanes
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Paolo, Brian's right. You don't want to be like the guy in this video getting passed...

Don't be like this Boxster S guy
I love logo on the front of the helmet

Quick Reply: Etiquette advice needed......