Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keep the DE Insurance questions coming!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 01:18 PM
chrisp
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please tell us more about the club racing policy you offer.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:19 PM
SpeedAgent1
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Age question

Unfortunately, all listed drivers must be 25 or older.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:24 PM
SpeedAgent1
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Club Racing

The club racing program in the developmental stages. What I mean by that is, this program was derived from the pro-racing program I started two years ago in Grand Am and ALMS. The rates in the past have not translated well to club racing and my goal is to fix that and to be able to offer affordable coverage to PCA club racers. I am working directly with the PCA executive board to develop this program and with their help we should have exactly what we need to provide the proper coverage.

We are quoting club racing insurance at this time, but we must underwrite each policy individually. The rates are not published and each case is different because the risks are different and there are many variables.

That being said, the program covers physical damage for all parts of the vehicle. Deductibles are not set, thus, enabling you to accept more risk for yourself and saving you money on the premium. At this time we are offering individual race coverage and not requiring a package of events.

Please call me if you have any questions on this or would like to receive a quote.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 08-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Chris - Is there a different application for DE insurance? The online app. is for racing only with no mention of HPDE. I'd like to get my 930 set up but i'm lost. Should I just cross out "Race Series" and put in "DE's"? What about number of races and length of races/tests?
Old 08-07-2007, 01:45 PM
SpeedAgent1
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Club Racing Application

Gary,

Thanks for noticing that. It appears that my web guys put the same application up for both. The application on the website is for club racing. The only real difference being that the DE app. requires VIN and license info for the driver.

Please use the website application for the club racing quote. I will have the site update with the new HPDE app. today.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 08-07-2007, 02:21 PM
Mike Frye
Craic Head
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Chris,

I'm not even sure if a DE insurance policy is for me, and I'll admit that I haven't even checked into it yet, so I don't know if this is a dumb question or not.

When I asked my insurance agent if they offered any DE insurance, they emphatically responded that,"Your car will not be covered if used on a track for any reason."

I kind of got the impression that they would/could alter my policy if they found out I was using it in a DE.
My question is: Can a DE policy claim affect my regular on-road liability policy, rates or my eligibility for it? I need to use my car as a DD, but I want to use it for DEs also.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:54 PM
SpeedAgent1
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default DE question

Great question and one of the most important points I have tried to make with this program....you regular insurance is unaffected by claims to your DE insurance policy. We do not inform you carrier that you are a policy holder of ours and we do not inform your carrier if you have an accident and a claim with us.

One of the main concerns participants of DE's should have if they do not have supplemental insurance is being cancelled by your auto insurer for making a claim stemming from an accident on a race track. That will follow you for a very very long time. If you are dropped by your auto carrier it will be very difficult to get a reasonable auto rate in the future from any carrier. When you apply for insurance you will be required to check the box for "Have you ever been cancelled by a carrier for any reason?"

You could be paying high premiums for the next 5-7 years for that one claim on track.

Thanks for your question.

Chris
Old 08-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Conekiller
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris

To bad your policy seems like a great deal. Do you know of anyone who will insure someone under 25?
Old 08-07-2007, 04:47 PM
SpeedAgent1
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Under 25

I'm sorry, unfortunately, this is the only program available as a supplemental DE insurance policy.

Regards,

Chris
Old 08-07-2007, 04:56 PM
purplehaze.
Racer

Chris -

To be specific about Mike's previous question -

Does your DE policy include a damaged engine from a missed shift, or similar, where you don't hit a wall? Of course I've only "read" about such things and have no first hand knowledge.....

And what's the deductible please?

Regards,

Glenn
Old 08-07-2007, 04:59 PM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

Chris,
I have what's likely the most ridiculous question you'll get today:

Is the premium amount calc'd on your website an annual one? I ask, because in Rhode Island, we do 6-month stints, not 12-month.

EDIT:
Glenn, the deductibles are listed on his website, and are car-value-based.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:05 PM
purplehaze.
Racer

Originally Posted by 84_Carrera
Chris,
EDIT:
Glenn, the deductibles are listed on his website, and are car-value-based.
Thanks Fred! Missed that on the site.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:06 PM
SpeedAgent1
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Questions answered>

Mechanical question- in this case no, coverage would not be extended. If an event like where the engine blows and drops oil and send you into a wall, then yes, it would be covered. But, no mechanical malfuntions will be covered on their own.

Premium- Yes, the premium is annual. We are not able to do short-term policies at this time. However, the policy is for an unlimited number of events.

Chris
Old 08-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Chris -
Is the deductible negotiable? I'd rather have a reduced rate with higher deductible in my case..
Old 08-07-2007, 06:02 PM
SpeedAgent1
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Deductible question>

The deductible for the program that your car qualifies for is adjustable to meet your needs.

Chris

Quick Reply: Keep the DE Insurance questions coming!!!