Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So did anybody else see Robby Gordon get screwed over in Montreal???

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007 | 11:49 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

He may have gotten screwed...but he gave up any chance to get his point across (or appeal) by not going where he was told, ignoring the black flag and then intentionally taking out Ambrose...he gave NASCAR everything they need to put it to him....
Old 08-05-2007 | 12:07 AM
tchandler
Instructor

Originally Posted by #11 WCGT GT3RSR
Sorry but I have to disagree with you. I think that once again Robby did this to himself. First off while the actual pass on Ambrose was clean it was precipitated by Robby lightly getting into the back of Marcus coming out of turn two while all the carnage was going on behind. That tap, IMO, got Marcus lose and allowed Robbie to get a drive on him. But the real thing that screwed Robby was that payback hit he put on Marcus under caution. NASCAR has always taken a dim view of that and Robby should know that. I'm sure that he was in 2nd when the yellow came out but when he made his way back up to Marcus that love tap is probably what sent him back to 12th. As far as a suspension; ignoring officials orders, ignoring multiple black flags, and taking the leader of the race out while not being offically scored is absolutely grounds for suspension. One race would be too short. Is he an great driver? no doubt. Does he get treated differently from Jr. by NASCAR because of his boneheaded moves? you betcha.
Exactly. I watched this a few times on tivo.
Anyway:
Robby got screwed, Pruit got screwed. Harvick schooled them all.

Hire a bunch of hot shoe road racers and a NASCAR regualr wins....unbeleivable. I wish Andy Pilgrim would have learned a few NASCAR tricks and punted Harvick out of the way. No way he deserved to win, but he sure did it the NASCAR way.
Old 08-05-2007 | 01:22 AM
TT Gasman
Drifting

First off I'm a huge Robbie Gordon fan, the guy is a throwback to the likes of David Pearson and Cale Yarborough. He's what we used to call a hard driver, I wish there were more drivers like him. Robbie got screwed plain and simple, his pass on Ambrose was clean, when the yellow comes out the field is frozen, end of story. Worst case he should have been 2nd on the restart. Good for him having the ***** to disobey the NASCAR officials when they were grossly wrong. I was cheering when he punted Ambrose out of the way at the end, Robbie won that race.
Old 08-05-2007 | 10:24 AM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

TT Gasman:
Glad to find someone else with the same attitude about Robby as me!!!
Thanks!
Brian
Old 08-05-2007 | 05:40 PM
H2OJazz
Rennlist Member

I don't follow NASCAR at all, I can't speak to the various driver personalitites, I watched because it was a road course race. What Gordon did made me sick. Sure, he probably did get screwed by the officials, so what? Bad calls happen in every sport. His refusal to follow the officials' instructions and deliberately crashing another car was disgusting. It isn't beyond the ralm of possibility that such behavior could end up killing someone.

Be a man, suck it up, deal with it, lodge a complaint after the race, whatever.

Just confirms my opinion that NASCAR is a "sport" in the same way that roller derby and professional wrestling are. Oh, sorry, as the ad makes clear.. "its a way of life."
Old 08-05-2007 | 06:09 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by H2OJazz
I don't follow NASCAR at all, I can't speak to the various driver personalitites, I watched because it was a road course race. What Gordon did made me sick. Sure, he probably did get screwed by the officials, so what? Bad calls happen in every sport. His refusal to follow the officials' instructions and deliberately crashing another car was disgusting. It isn't beyond the ralm of possibility that such behavior could end up killing someone.

Be a man, suck it up, deal with it, lodge a complaint after the race, whatever.

Just confirms my opinion that NASCAR is a "sport" in the same way that roller derby and professional wrestling are. Oh, sorry, as the ad makes clear.. "its a way of life."
Preach it Brother!!! I'm pretty much done with Crashcar and their scripting of events.. Makes WWE wrastlin' look "almost" believable!

Mike
Old 08-05-2007 | 07:48 PM
DanS911
Pro

In our world down here at Sebring, if you ignore the black flag at start/finish, Joan at T15 brings out the BLACK BRICK! Few will ignore that
Old 08-05-2007 | 08:05 PM
trumperZ06
Burning Brakes

NA$CRAP got Robby, again !!!

Tony Stewart called em out a few weeks ago over...

the Stealthy Debris... bringing out phony caution flags...

then Stewart backed down.

IMO... Family France runs their circus... worse than Vinnie Mac runs the WWE...

if that's possible.

All the France's operations have become nothing but a "SHOW"...

the Sport has been cleanly removed with a $caple... it's all about the MONEY !!!

See Speed TV's article "Cup: Robby Gordon parked" for their explaination.
Old 08-05-2007 | 11:58 PM
tchandler
Instructor

Originally Posted by trumperZ06
NA$CRAP got Robby, again !!!

Tony Stewart called em out a few weeks ago over...

the Stealthy Debris... bringing out phony caution flags...

then Stewart backed down.

IMO... Family France runs their circus... worse than Vinnie Mac runs the WWE...

if that's possible.

All the France's operations have become nothing but a "SHOW"...

the Sport has been cleanly removed with a $caple... it's all about the MONEY !!!

See Speed TV's article "Cup: Robby Gordon parked" for their explaination.

Well by their own rules, as quated in the above article Robbie should have been in First place since the field would have been fronzen as the yellow flags were thrown. (clearly visable from the camera shot showing the flag stand in the upper right as Amborse spun Robbie. Amborse should have been second.)

I, for one, commend Robbie for continuing to run. Appeal after the fact rarley works. Better to let the fans see the BS in action. (especially when the stewards were so clearly, black and white wrong.

HOWEVER!, Robbie should not have driven up and nudged Ambrose. Had he not done that, as already mentioned, I don't think there would have been such as uproar.

Robby's Comments:
http://www.robbygordon.com/cms/publi...icle_911.shtml
Old 08-06-2007 | 12:09 AM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TT Gasman
Robbie got screwed plain and simple, his pass on Ambrose was clean, when the yellow comes out the field is frozen, end of story.
Problem was that the yellow was out when he passed Ambrose. The big pile out was behind them, both on the track and in time.
Old 08-06-2007 | 12:27 AM
GUMBALL
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DaveM993
He may have gotten screwed...but he gave up any chance to get his point across (or appeal) by not going where he was told, ignoring the black flag and then intentionally taking out Ambrose...he gave NASCAR everything they need to put it to him....
I have to agree - he should have restarted in the lead. I don't much care for some of Nascar's politics.
But.....

I am not a Robbie Gordon fan, but I do respect his abilities as a driver.
But, through his temper and lack of judgement, he always seems to put himself in a position to remove himself from contention.....
Old 08-06-2007 | 09:39 AM
DHinkle
Rennlist Member

I like Robby as well. I missed the end of the race but it sounds like Nascar over-penalized him. I am also a fan of Montoya. I doubt if Juan would've rec'd the same penalty.
Old 08-06-2007 | 10:44 AM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by beab951
Problem was that the yellow was out when he passed Ambrose.
That's possible, but there was no video evidence shown on TV to support it. What was shown on TV was Robby making a clean pass with no yellows in sight. Then Robby gets spun out while in the lead with a yellow clearly in sight.

Worst case, Robby should have restarted in 2nd place. NASCAR really blew this one.
Old 08-06-2007 | 10:52 AM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think Dave Despain said last night on Wind Tunnel that they've gotten more email and phone calls on this 1 incident than any other in the history of the show.

If they were like the people who were calling in this morning on the radio show, 90% of them were in support of Robby, and said the same thing - NASCAR blew it... I'm in that 90%...

Brian
Old 08-06-2007 | 10:57 AM
trumperZ06
Burning Brakes

Hhmmm... also DeSpain mentioned that Speed TV had invited NA$CRAP to comment on the Robby fiasco... NA$CRAP's reply... everyone was busy... returning home from Pocono.

Quick Reply: So did anybody else see Robby Gordon get screwed over in Montreal???