Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Converting a 911SC to an SCCA ITR

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007 | 09:01 PM
riderosa
Advanced

Default Converting a 911SC to an SCCA ITR

Can someone give me some advice on what to concentrate on in order of highest prioroty. Certainly Safety is number one but what about exhaust, tires, wheels, etc.
I want to stary with the minimum and over time continue with improvements
Old 06-27-2007 | 09:25 PM
Antonio
Rennlist Member

Study the GCR in case you haven't already done so. Understand what you can and cannot do. We are in the process of building a 944 S2 for the same class. Feel free to drop me a PM if you have any specific questions.
Old 06-27-2007 | 09:29 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

I looked at racing in ITR as well, but it just doesn't seem like an SC could be very competitive in that class.
Old 06-28-2007 | 08:47 AM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Beyond the safety stuff and basic durability concerns - wiring, engine status, etc - I'd recommend focusing on suspension... IT classes are primarily a suspension class, so as long as you've got solid running gear for drivetrain, you'll be OK for the first year or so, till you get used to the crowd - but if you lack in suspension, you'll be second-rate at best. At very least, I'd be wanting high spring rates, good dampers to go with, and good new bushings, be they spherical or just plastic (delrin etc) to keep costs down...

Best of luck...
Old 06-28-2007 | 11:12 AM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Contact Dan Jacobs and he can set you up with his fabulous G class setup.

http://www.hairydoggrrrage.com/

You are also allowed to remove the interior bits but that will not help much, I think it's best to keep it a legal PCA G class car then you can run in both PCA and SCCA competitively. Get rid of those heavy bumpers and add ballast if needed, in the passenger's footwell (or front trunk if legal in SCCA, not legal in PCA).

It should be close in speed to the ITS cars (Mazda RX7 etc) maybe faster on a high speed track so you should have some good racing even if there are still few ITR cars.

Have fun!!!
Old 06-28-2007 | 12:23 PM
Geo
Race Director

Getting rid of those heavy bumpers would be grossly illegal.
Old 06-28-2007 | 01:04 PM
Nader Fotouhi
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by riderosa
Can someone give me some advice on what to concentrate on in order of highest prioroty. Certainly Safety is number one but what about exhaust, tires, wheels, etc.
I want to stary with the minimum and over time continue with improvements
Read the GCR very crefully and a better place to seek advice is from folks on the IT forum. Just as a reference, if you build an IT car, it will not be legal in PCA, and of course the reverse is true. You should be able to run in both IT and NASA GTS.

This is not a negative remark. I am curious why you want to build a SC for IT?
Old 06-28-2007 | 02:12 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

yup read BOTH rule books. Odd that SCCA allows removing interior and PCA allows replacing bumpers, but not vice-versa... so may be tough to make a car competitive in both. You could always run a PCA car in ITE, same group usually.

p.s. 74 911 bumpers (at least one of them) is lighter, nobody will know the difference

Quick Reply: Converting a 911SC to an SCCA ITR