Sponsored by:

Steve Rance wins at Spa

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 09:57 AM
BIFFO
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steve Rance wins at Spa

Congratulations to Rennlist's Steven Rance on two wins at Spa last weekend in the Porsche Open. He was fighting for the outright lead in the wet with a 800BHP GT2R in his 996 cup car and was 20 seconds ahead of the chasing pack when the saftey car was sent out. He was hit from behind at the restart braking a hub, wheel, and bending the suspension and forcing a wing into his front tyre but he still managed a 4th over all and 1st in class by 30 seconds in a car that would not turn right. Great drive Steve. Aparently he was covered in tyre rubber by the end of the race. Must have been a very scary ride.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:10 AM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow, great story, congradulations Steve.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:33 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

Great driving by Steve, not surprising after his videos in the wet with the GT3.

The 700BHP 996GT2R of rupert Lewin was about 15 seconds per lap faster however, was he really challenging Lewin for the overall win?
Old 06-20-2007, 06:58 AM
UK Steve R
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your Kind post Biffo. Rupert was on intermediates and I was on wets on a drying circuit. Realistically I had no chance against him in those circumstances. My only hope was if it rained again but P2 was definately on. I was praying for rain but my rain dance didn't work. I was looking forward to racing him at the re-start but it wasnt to be because of Peter Cook's 993GT2 creating havok at La Source. Ironically, I knew that there was no real point I racing Rupert into la sorce because it leads into a long straight where he would have just driven straight past me so I planned to give him lots of room in hte corner. I am surprised that a driver with Cooks experience tried a move that was never on. It racing though, it happens. An apology would have been appreciated though. The car was extremely difficult after the impact and would only turn right if I lifted as I turned in. But hey ho, at least I finished and got P1 in class.

Steve

Quick Reply: Steve Rance wins at Spa