IMSA GT3 Cup Racing at USGP This Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 09:51 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 97 Posts
Default IMSA GT3 Cup Racing at USGP This Weekend

So, I noticed that there are autograph sessions following the IMSA GT3 Cup qualifying on Saturday. Are there fellow Rennlisters or FoR (Friends of Rennlisters) who will be driving this weekend? Would be nice to stop by and wish the guys luck (or "break a leg".... as the case may be) and perhaps meet some fellow Rennlisters.

Anyone know? analogmike? gaijin? I checked the USGP site and they do not list any of the drivers for the IMSA GT3 Cup series. They do list the drivers for Formula BMW and the Liberty Challenge series. (What?!? Are these guys chopped liver?)

If you're at Indy this weekend, we're in Stand H, Row T wearing the t-shirts that say (on the back) "Porsche is a two-syllable word!" Stop by and say "Hi!".

Toby
Old 06-14-2007, 11:33 AM
gaijin
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Toby,

Here's the IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Entry List:

http://www.imsaracing.net/2007/event...and%20Prix.pdf

BTW, IMSA will facilitate a IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge car tech presentation/walk-around at the IMSA Tech Paddock, Saturday, 11:15 am - 12:15 pm. We've invited tech guru's from both PMNA and Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup along with IMSA Tech officials.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:03 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gaijin
Toby,

BTW, IMSA will facilitate a IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge car tech presentation/walk-around at the IMSA Tech Paddock, Saturday, 11:15 am - 12:15 pm. We've invited tech guru's from both PMNA and Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup along with IMSA Tech officials.
I see there isn't going to be live timing a scoring for the GT3 cup races. Is there a place where times from the practice sessions and races will be posted? Will the race be on ALMS radio? Finally, is there a weekend schedule somewhere I missed? Thanks, Jim

Toby,
Occasional poster pat-mpls (Pat Kelly) is racing this weekend. I would really appreciate it if you would ask for his autograph and then look at the name and say something like "Oh, I thought you were Dino Loles".
Jim
Old 06-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JimB
I see there isn't going to be live timing a scoring for the GT3 cup races. Is there a place where times from the practice sessions and races will be posted? Will the race be on ALMS radio? Finally, is there a weekend schedule somewhere I missed? Thanks, Jim

Toby,
Occasional poster pat-mpls (Pat Kelly) is racing this weekend. I would really appreciate it if you would ask for his autograph and then look at the name and say something like "Oh, I thought you were Dino Loles".
Jim
Will do. BTW, should I duck as I make that statement?
Old 06-14-2007, 02:53 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Toby,

Gaijin,

Thanks! My son and I will be there!

Toby
Old 06-14-2007, 03:38 PM
gaijin
Racer

JimB,

FY-I. IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Series info: http://www.imsaracing.net/newgt3test...xteventgt3.cfm

No ALMS Radio coverage at this venue. Not sure what F1 has but IMSA will surely have timing and scoring sheets at our bulletin board located next to the Tech Transporter (same place as tech presentation and walk-around on Saturday).

Toby,

Look forward to meeting you and your son. BTW, the ALMS Official Time Keeper and Watch, LP Watch is also hosting a free raffle drawing for one of their premium watches. Make sure you sign-up for the drawing at the Tech session Saturday.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:03 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff
Will do. BTW, should I duck as I make that statement?
Just duck the first punch. That should give you time to blame it on me.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:33 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Toby,

Look forward to meeting you and your son. BTW, the ALMS Official Time Keeper and Watch, LP Watch is also hosting a free raffle drawing for one of their premium watches. Make sure you sign-up for the drawing at the Tech session Saturday.
We'll come by the transporter and look for you. Like I said in another post earlier this week, I'll be the one in the Porsche t-shirt that say "Porsche is a two-syllable word". Look forward to meeting you!

Don't forget, we share some things in common - like Petrol Blue 1979 930's!

Toby
Old 06-15-2007, 05:52 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Gaijin,

What are the magic words/locations to find you guys?? Wandered through the IRL paddock looking for the IMSA van, but no luck. And the boys in the Yellow Shirts just laughed when I asked if I could go inside the GT3 Cup paddock. So how do I find you tomorrow?

Toby
Old 06-18-2007, 06:35 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

What happened?

Looks like in race 5 many of the fast guys did not make many laps, and the results are not official yet. Many of the fast guys did not do well in race 4 either... will have to ask them what happened.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:00 AM
Modoc
Instructor

Toby,
What section of H were you in. We were in 15 row W.. Didn't see the shirts. Also, didn't get to the tech discussion time change to 11:15 sat. I was there with my grandson and couldn't get past the yellow shirts either. Did enjoy the Q & A on Sat.
Talked briefly with Shawn from Synergy when their GT3 was on display on the pavillion and he mentioned Synergy in Salt Lake was considering a Cup driving school at Miller next year. Has anyone heard anything about it?

Joe D

Quick Reply: IMSA GT3 Cup Racing at USGP This Weekend