Sponsored by:

POLITICS AND PCA RACING

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 04:46 PM
pcaracer
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default POLITICS AND PCA RACING

Would anyone care to shed light on the subject, it sure seam like a good old boy network is developing.

Example - at the Watkins Club race there was a single car incident involving a yellow 911 and a wall. No 13-13 was isued, does anybody know why?
Old 06-11-2007, 05:01 PM
JC in NY
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know the details of the incident, but my understanding is that a 13 penalty is not issued if the single-car incident was not a result of driver error. For example, a mechanical problem like a tire failure or oil on the track causing a car to hit the wall would not be issued a 13 penalty.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:15 PM
MJR911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

These guys are volunteers, so posting annon. to stir the pot seems a bit childish but I have heard the contrary... Chirs Musante, whos wife Lisa basically ran the Glen race, got a 13 on the cool down race after winning! I heard that second hand but I believe the gist is right. I am glad that the 13 is enforced with evenly, even though I don't totally agree with the rule.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:15 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by MJR911
These guys are volunteers, so posting annon. to stir the pot seems a bit childish
+1
Old 06-11-2007, 08:22 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Post your name. What you drive. Some info. Seems suspicious, 1st post like this. Why are you asking? When were you involved in a 13/13 incident or what ever promted you to question the nutrality of the stewards?
Old 06-11-2007, 09:40 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 797 Likes on 404 Posts

John is correct that a 13 is not issued in the event of a verifiable mechanical failure. A 13 is also typically not issued in the event of "horizontal damage" (i.e. you lose your splitter from going off road). But realize the stewards are, like all of PCA, volunteers. If you don't like the rule, don't just bitch about it, volunteer and change it from the inside.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:02 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 38D
If you don't like the rule, don't just bitch about it, volunteer and change it from the inside.
Couldn't be said any better. Well put Colin.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:40 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
Post your name. What you drive. Some info. Seems suspicious, 1st post like this. Why are you asking? When were you involved in a 13/13 incident or what ever promted you to question the nutrality of the stewards?
I highly doubt he'll do this. Sounds like someone who doesn't have enough character to even list their name. My guess is he's the recipient of a 13 and has sour grapes.

I do believe that the stewards try their best to do the right thing & be fair. I was the recipient of a 13 and I have to say that it was warranted...I wasn't in proper control of the car and that led to contact.

Did I like it? NO!!! But it was fair.

Colin's right...if you don't like it, then volunteer and try to change it the right way. Your approach shows a complete lack of character.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:45 PM
Steward B.
Rennlist Member

I was one of the two stewards at the Watkins Glen club race along with Ron Mistak.

I might, but repeat only might, reply to pcaracer's posting if he identifies himself by name and pca number.

I have to say that Ron and I are upset by the groundless attack on our integrity by someone who won't even post a real first name.

What do you say, pcaracer?

Bruce Boeder
PCA club racing national steward
Old 06-12-2007, 07:58 AM
Bill935K3
Racer

I've been on all sides of this since 97,
1- a guy in front of me in T1 at LRP was choped he almost lost it avoiding - I was behind this and close at max breaking and hit the guy that got chopped as he slowed up big time while he was sidways. I got a 13 probably did not deserve - the guy I hit was innocent - wish the chopper got a 13 too but I had no film. I think definitly deserved one . Driving with a more "relaxed" attitude for a year did not hurt my my driving.
2- A cup car spun in front of me coming out of the toe at WG. Do to traffic along side could not avoid and hit him. Had on tape no 13 (right call)
3-. VIR in the rain. Too much power with the wheel not quite strait enough, snap spin and a LONG LONG >>>>> LONG slide to the tire wall. A harried stweard with a huge pile of reports in front of him asked me what's your story? I told him what i just said and told him to put me down for a 13. He looked at me like I had 3 heads, shook his head and thanked me
4- at RA a guy dove in where he should not have been as I turned in and hit me in the rear wheel and spun me and two others. Of the 3 cars with damage only the guy that hit me got 13 (It took way to long and I lost 2 sessions but finally the right call)

Those that know me know I'm no brown noser and will tell it like it is good or bad! Having said that-
It is a tough friggn job with a bunch of Type-A's and egos to keep under controll. It can get out of hand real easy! They have to make judgement call's based on perhaps less than truthfull driver reports, corner workers hours old memorys, and hopefully film. It is impossible for Stewards to be 100% perfect. I guess you better learn to live with it or race elsewhere.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:19 AM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

I always like to point out that the past chairman of club racing, the founder of club racing, scrutineers, stewards, timing and scoring techs, past pca president, etc. have all gotten 13/13's. If there was ever a 'good ole boy' network, you'd think one of those would've gotten a 'get out of jail free' card, but no, they've all gotten 13/13s.

if the yellow 911 hit the blue wall, does that make it green
Old 06-12-2007, 09:20 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Originally Posted by Manny Alban
Old 06-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill935K3

4- at RA a guy dove in where he should not have been as I turned in and hit me in the rear wheel and spun me and two others. Of the 3 cars with damage only the guy that hit me got 13 (It took way to long and I lost 2 sessions but finally the right call)
Man, I cant believe that. You got screwed out of two sessions by some idiot who ran right into the back of Your car. That plus he causes an incident in front of a bunch of other cars that miraculously avoided contact. Man what an idiot....

Oh yeah, that idiot was me...sorry Bill.

BTW, Bill refused my offer of help with the repair too...lol

GodSpeed
Old 06-12-2007, 11:30 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

This is the true PCA club racing. Good people that get together to race and when "S" happens settle it, get over it and get back on the track. (when the 13s wear off)
Old 06-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Manny Alban

Are you taking a color blind test?

Quick Reply: POLITICS AND PCA RACING