Sponsored by:

Road America DE

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 11:08 PM
Chulo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
Ok, I walked the paddock THREE TIMES and not one person yelled at me. I must be scarier looking than I ever realized

Anyway, proof I was there:

Look, a Eurosport parade!

Didn't see you. We had a great weekend, with the exception of 2 GT3s getting bent pretty bad. Weather was great, and the track was all but perfect.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:37 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,223 Likes on 1,253 Posts

Originally Posted by Chulo
Didn't see you. We had a great weekend, with the exception of 2 GT3s getting bent pretty bad. Weather was great, and the track was all but perfect.
It was an awesome weekend, too bad about the GT3's. The two 928's ran strong, one is a completely new car (Lean-Louis is the red one) while Paul is running a new engine (yellow car). Paul's car blew a power steering line on Saturday. Small fire started that scared the bejesus out of us. After the installation of a new line everything was good to go.

I think I fround Ray S's car, no one was around. I'll try and walk around with a Rennlist flag on a 20' pole Labor Day Weekend
Old 05-29-2007, 11:03 AM
GG Allin
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by murphyslaw1978
Unfortunately, I'll probably be doing my next DE in an M3 and not the Porsche. Maybe in a couple years if the M3 is lacking, I'll go back to the 911. Actually, even if the M3 isn't lacking, I'm still planning on going back to Porsche.
Same here, unfortunately PCA Chicago does not allow anything but Porsches at their RA events. My 911 is gone now but I cannot wait to get the M3 on the track.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:15 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

What happened with the GT3s? What run groups were they in?
Old 05-29-2007, 11:23 AM
MRW
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok, I walked the paddock THREE TIMES and not one person yelled at me. I must be scarier looking than I ever realized

Anyway, proof I was there:

Look, a Eurosport parade!

Lovely photo- that's me in the 944TS #134. I'm absolutely certain that, given the lineup shown, that it was taken during the outlap under yellow, cuz there's no way I'm ahead of those guys. Weekend was very nice, albeit a bit chilly, and the track seemed a bit slower than last fall at race weekend, probably because there have not been many events up there until now, and there's not much rubber down on the track, and again, the weather was cool. Sadly, there was a bit of carnage, which is never nice to see, but everyone is OK, thankfully.

For those of you fretting the Billy Mitchell turn (#13), it's exactly the same (to me, anyway) without the concrete bridge abutment. The new tunnel is nice, and improves access to the track. The event seemed a bit smaller, but I had last year's race weekend in mind, where the turnout is huge. The official number was only 7 cars down from last year.

This continues to be my favorite place to drive, and it was great to get some more seat time here, especially since I can't do the Club Race this fall- my only daughter is getting married the following weekend, and she and Mom have put their size 7s down, and firmly.

Last edited by MRW; 05-29-2007 at 11:25 AM. Reason: typos
Old 05-29-2007, 11:29 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I looked for you. Never saw the black Rennlist Shirt.

I'll be back in Sept.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:32 AM
Chulo
Racer

Originally Posted by Ray S
I looked for you. Never saw the black Rennlist Shirt.

I'll be back in Sept.
Me too. Ray - do your plates say RS Boxster (something like that)? If so, I saw your car. Very nice!
Old 05-29-2007, 11:41 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
One hit the wall hard (Group 1) on the second lap of the first session (first day). He hit after 13 dead center. The hit was hard enough to move the Armco barrier.

The second (group 2) spun after 14 and went into the wall on the passenger front and side. He had damage along the entire side. The front wheel was just hanging on.

The only other incidents were some damage (minor next to the GT3 damage) to a 914 and a 944.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:43 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Me too. Ray - do your plates say RS Boxster (something like that)? If so, I saw your car. Very nice!
That's me..
Old 05-29-2007, 11:46 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

It was an awesome weekend, too bad about the GT3's. The two 928's ran strong, one is a completely new car (Lean-Louis is the red one) while Paul is running a new engine (yellow car). Paul's car blew a power steering line on Saturday. Small fire started that scared the bejesus out of us. After the installation of a new line everything was good to go.

I think I fround Ray S's car, no one was around. I'll try and walk around with a Rennlist flag on a 20' pole Labor Day Weekend
Those 928's were fast. I'm pretty sure I have video of one of them blowing past my poor 217hp Boxster.....
Old 05-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Gratuitous 986 shot....(turn 5)

Old 05-29-2007, 12:03 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Those 928's were fast. I'm pretty sure I have video of one of them blowing past my poor 217hp Boxster.....
Would you prefer not to know you were on the track with Jean-Louis wife in the red car?

He runs Group 2 IIRC, they share the red 928.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:08 PM
Chulo
Racer

Gratuitous 986 shot....(turn 5)

Very nice. Did you happen to write down the name of the event photographer? He had some great shots of me, and I ordered them, but forgot to go back and pick them up/pay.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:09 PM
rabjohns
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
One span out right after 13 (where the bridge used to be). I think the lack of bridge was making people take that corner too fast.

One span out at turn 14. Just too fast, back came around and span into the wall. Nasty mash.

Apparently both drivers sited user error.

Dangerous machines those GT3s.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:31 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Very nice. Did you happen to write down the name of the event photographer? He had some great shots of me, and I ordered them, but forgot to go back and pick them up/pay.
Just a guess:

http://www.photobyedmund.com/

Quick Reply: Road America DE