The official WG club race thread!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 01:07 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by por29
I ran the RS.

how did it feel compared to your 1R car? what type of lap times were you guys laying down?
Old 06-04-2007, 01:21 PM
por29
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Nothing to write home about. The engine seems down on power. I had to draft GTC4 cars to get by them. We're taiking the engine out and going throiugh it first chance we get. Buckler saw what was going on and told us that shouldn't be. I should heave pulled those cars with no problem.

Anyway. Much different than my 29 car in all aspects.Although I may be a Turbo guy for life..

Turned a best of 2:02
Old 06-04-2007, 01:40 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by por29
Nothing to write home about. The engine seems down on power. I had to draft GTC4 cars to get by them. We're taiking the engine out and going throiugh it first chance we get. Buckler saw what was going on and told us that shouldn't be. I should heave pulled those cars with no problem.

Anyway. Much different than my 29 car in all aspects.Although I may be a Turbo guy for life..

Turned a best of 2:02
you were running unrestricted right?....gotta send the ECU back to run like that, otherwise its down on power...(looki at me telling the evil scientist how to make a monster )
Old 06-04-2007, 02:05 PM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Newman
Anyone have a link to pics yet? There were a lot of photographers out there.
anyone...
Old 06-04-2007, 02:21 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 93 Posts

Not sure what kind of power difference you are looking at with the RS cars. I dont think an RS will pull hard away from a 997 on power alone due to the increased drag of the RS.

Plus with a 2:02 time many of the 997 cars were carrying more exit speed than you and this would negate a big HP advantage.

If you are able to get by a 997 by drafting, and you are at 2:02, then you may want to look at setup along with any engine issue. Ok to put is another way even at full power you are unlikely to drop more than a second off that time.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:35 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jmorris3
anyone...
www.tracktimephotos.com

Only the practice day is up right now
Old 06-04-2007, 03:03 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by RSRRacer
Not sure what kind of power difference you are looking at with the RS cars. I dont think an RS will pull hard away from a 997 on power alone due to the increased drag of the RS.

Plus with a 2:02 time many of the 997 cars were carrying more exit speed than you and this would negate a big HP advantage.

If you are able to get by a 997 by drafting, and you are at 2:02, then you may want to look at setup along with any engine issue. Ok to put is another way even at full power you are unlikely to drop more than a second off that time.

CB, how did you make out? what car did you drive?....I know you drove the wheels off of whatever it was
Old 06-04-2007, 03:42 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 93 Posts

I spent the weekend with some good friends and had fun but did not get behind the wheel very much. Gary Pennington and I were going to run the enduro in his 2004 Cup but we were washed out.

I did run in the practice session Sunday AM and did a 2:00.06 on my 3rd lap out. Just wanted to get a few laps in his car to make sure I was comfortable and was not "ballz to da wall."
Old 06-04-2007, 10:24 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Semi-amusing x-post about my enduro experience full of supreme rookie errors and why I belong in HWFM racing. https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...23#post4246123
Old 06-04-2007, 10:48 PM
rsa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

FROM TODD: "I'll be damned if I don't see another black flag waved at me. This time I didn't see any other cars that close to me, so I thought and pitted back in. Steward again says "what are YOU doing here?" I almost replied that "I missed you" but thought that would be inappropriate, so he says I can go. I am very frustrated at this point. My car doesn't have a speedo, but apparently I was clocked doing 60 at the pit exit (speed limit is 30), so on my first lap out again I am black flagged. This time it really is for me (and I can't imagine why). I am $%^&*( livid. I come back to the pits and he explains that I was black flagged for speeding over 30 in the pits. I tried to reason with him that my poor 944 will not go that fast so the radar gun must be off, but he didn't buy it. I told him I was done with the race and I was pitting in, because I was too angry at myself. He got me to calm down and convinced me to finish. So I took off again. I was so pissed that I almost sped too much again. ****. I realized what I was doing and nearly slammed on the brakes (nobody was near) and I was banging my head as I pulled out"

Holy Crap, I almost spit my drink out all over the computer. This is so unbelievable it has to be true. I'd personally lobby Mike for you.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:56 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Sadly, it's true. Since not everyone is a member, I will cut and paste here.

do you want to know why I belong in HWFM Racing? Well, I will tell you. In the 90 minute enduro yesterday, I made supreme rookie errors. I am coming up the sole of the boot at Watkins Glen racing two other cars pretty intensely at about the 35 minute mark when the flagger throws a black flag. I can't tell who he meant, but it looked like me. I couldn't imagine why, but then again, I was meatballed during the practice session because gas was slopping out of my cross threaded gas cap, which normally wouldn't have been a problem but I had filled the tank completely for the enduro.

In any event, I think that I will be disqualified if I pass the pits without checking in. Well, better to be safe than sorry, so I pit in. The steward says to me: "Well, why are YOU here?" I explained that I thought I was flagged. He says NO, not you. So I ask if I can use my one mandatory 5 minute pit stop. He says yes.

Unfortunately, the black flag station was beyond my pit spot, so I just had to go up and wait without any equipment, drinks or anything. I wait my five minutes, and then I pit out. I go around for another lap and I'll be damned if I don't see another black flag waved at me. This time I didn't see any other cars that close to me, so I thought and pitted back in. Steward again says "what are YOU doing here?" I almost replied that "I missed you" but thought that would be inappropriate, so he says I can go. I am very frustrated at this point. My car doesn't have a speedo, but apparently I was clocked doing 60 at the pit exit (speed limit is 30), so on my first lap out again I am black flagged. This time it really is for me (and I can't imagine why). I am $%^&*( livid. I come back to the pits and he explains that I was black flagged for speeding over 30 in the pits. I tried to reason with him that my poor 944 will not go that fast so the radar gun must be off, but he didn't buy it. I told him I was done with the race and I was pitting in, because I was too angry at myself. He got me to calm down and convinced me to finish. So I took off again. I was so pissed that I almost sped too much again. ****. I realized what I was doing and nearly slammed on the brakes (nobody was near) and I was banging my head as I pulled out.

At this point, I knew I wasn't competitive anymore, and I had lost track of all the guys I had been racing. Since I didn't want to be a tool and try to race anyone who was lapping me by one or two laps, I just took it easy for the rest of the enduro and pointed everyone by.

Towards the end of the race I see my friend and class competitor Cris Brady parked in the grass with electrical gremlins. Although I was very sad for him, I thought to myself "hmmm, this may be the first and last time, for awhile anyways, that I beat brady." After lapping him like three times, I see that his car is rolling again and he took the checker. When I went to see the results that bastard STILL beat me.

Oh yeah, I managed to avoid contact during all of the races, but on the way home some lunatic ran a red light and then stopped right in front of me in the rain. He wanted me to hit him, so I obliged (accidental of course). This big shirtless guy with tatoos literally leaps out of his car and comes back to start screaming at me through the window. Well, we are only a few blocks from my house, and since I cannot, with my profession, be caught up in an altercation like that, I pick up the phone, show him through the window, and very obviously start dialing 911. The embarassing part was that I had borrowed the nannies phone and it was pink Anyway, when he saw that I was calling the police, he calmed down, looked at his car, said no damage, and sped off. Since I was in the tow truck with a huge steel push bar on the front, I wasn't too concerned either and went home.

Now do you see why I am a true HWFM team mate?

Now, that Larry Herman on the other hand.

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Now exactly what does that mean?

Well, let's see.

One of us podiums in every race despite large competitive classes. The other podiums in every race due to small, albeit competitive, classes. I will admit that I did win first in class in my first race, but I refuse to discuss the fact that I was the ONLY entrant in my class.

If you qualify for HWFM, it is only because that is what everyone else is saying to you.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:01 PM
Racerrob
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

TD, it was great to meet you and your wife. Your story is a riot! I look forward to racing with you and Brady again soon. I cant make hyperfest but try to get some of those cup guys to join us in SP2.

RP
Old 06-04-2007, 11:02 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Originally Posted by Arkadi
TD, it was great to meet you and your wife. Your story is a riot! I look forward to racing with you and Brady again soon. I cant make hyperfest but try to get some of those cup guys to join us in SP2.

RP
Hey Rob it was great meeting you and Tony. I did not put your screen name together with you until just now. Thanks for all of the kindness and being so nice to my wife and kids. I think they felt pretty welcome.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:07 PM
Food Angel
Off-Topic Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TD in DC
Sadly, it's true. Since not everyone is a member, I will cut and paste here....
What you meant to do was to encourage everyone to become a member of Rennlist, right?
Old 06-05-2007, 09:55 AM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More pictures

Quick Reply: The official WG club race thread!