Sponsored by:

On-Track DE Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 05:24 PM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by RickBetterley
I'd like to think that we wouldn't be guessing about things that could really hurt someone's reputation.
Maybe the original poster can tell us who his insurer is, then we'll know for sure.
Absolutely wouldn't want to hurt innocent parties reputation. Just deducing from the two policies mentioned in the thread where LaurelDE's deductable would be 9k and cost about 3k ands Snells Policty which would have a 3k deductable and cost about 1,800, which one matched better.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:24 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawrence_P
It is Snellings Walters. Sorry for the fire drill but I was pissed. I JUST received a call from them advising their "underwriting department" had a meeting and were advised there is to be no "radius" limitation. Supposedly I will be covered.

I will post again later.
Thanks for the update - it didn't sound likely but then again, who knows?
Please let us know how well you are treated on the claim (now that it is covered ). A lot of us are very interested in getting some reliable DE coverage and so far, there are a lot of rumors and speculation.
Thanks for the update.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:26 PM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawrence_P
It is Snellings Walters. Sorry for the fire drill but I was pissed. I JUST received a call from them advising their "underwriting department" had a meeting and were advised there is to be no "radius" limitation. Supposedly I will be covered.

I will post again later.
Nice to see it hopefully works out. This will be a real test. If so, I'm switching from Laurel to Snell as soon as my policy runs out
Old 08-06-2007, 05:27 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by rmag
Must be a Snell Policy. LaurelDE deductable is 15% of car value, so deductable would be 9k.
Good guess on Snell(ings), but it looks like there is no 100 mile limitation (which would have been incredibly stupid of them). I can't imagine that Chris Maume, who I think originated that program before he set up his own agency, would have allowed it.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:33 PM
SpeedAgent1
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misinformation was my biggest fear!

There is no geographic limitation except for North America. This was my biggest fear...that experts were not available to answer questions properly. Please see my site sponsorship sticky on top of this forum.

I hope everything works out for you,

Chris Maume
Old 08-06-2007, 05:33 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Chris, isn't this the company you left from?
Old 08-06-2007, 05:37 PM
SpeedAgent1
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Yes it is...

I'm sorry this has happened and I'm hoping it will be properly resolved. This never should have even been an issue since the policy has ALWAYS been for all of North America with NO geographic limits from the garaged address.

I run a specialty motorsports insurance business just because of this!

Please call me if you have questions or need advice!

Chris
Old 08-06-2007, 05:44 PM
SpeedAgent1
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Larry>

I just sent you a private email.

Chris
Old 08-06-2007, 06:20 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Chris, PM sent.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:21 AM
Lawrence_P
Racer

I learned yesterday my claim will be covered.

Irrespective of whether or not the "radius" limitation in the Declaration is binding, and I think it is not (the "Coverage Territory" in the policy is the entire US and Canada, see para. 7, page 4/6. The territory is not limited by some "radius"), SIU has agreed to "waive" it in this instance. It is not settled whether this is a one time exception only or a clarification of coverage. From them:

With regards to the “radius” stipulation, a final decision has not been made but should be made soon. As you know this type of insurance is the first of its kind and it is our goal to interpret the policy in favor of the certificate holder if the certificate is unclear.

Originally, the purpose of the radius was to limit the risk to tracks local to the certificate holder assuming that the certificate holder would be more familiar with local tracks and less familiar with tracks far away.

As a 19 year member of BMWCCA and former member of PCA, I know that those driving instructors with experience such as yourself often venture to tracks much further than 100 miles from their garage. Even though the radius stipulation is enforceable, it radius appears to be unrealistic.

If we decide to retain a radius it will most likely be expanded to a higher amount such as 500 miles, but it appears that we are moving towards eliminating it altogether. If we retain a radius stipulation, it will be discussed on the application for insurance.

If you have questions, please post them or PM me.

Last edited by Lawrence_P; 08-09-2007 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

This is the Great West policy? Who sent that message?

There is no raidus limitation that I see in the policy whatsoever, as you note, and of course there is only one track within 100 miles of me, and I don't bother with that one....

Very weird. I wonder what they are smoking.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:04 AM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 384 Likes on 224 Posts

Chris I sent you an application- please let me know ASAP. And thanks for your advice on this board.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:10 AM
Lawrence_P
Racer

Snellings-Walters, not Great West. Snellings-Walters uses Southern Insurance Underwriters ("SIU").

Last edited by Lawrence_P; 08-09-2007 at 11:43 AM.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:47 AM
iceben
1st Gear

Just visited the Snellings Walters website and found this ...

"Temporarily not Accepting New Clients
Please check back later."

Anybody know why? Maybe while they settle the 'radius' issue? Or have they stopped writing?
Old 02-18-2008, 11:51 AM
smsarchitects
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I just received this response to renew my SW track/DE policy:

"Our agency has decided not to continue the program - I am waiting on contact information that I can forward to you."

Quick Reply: On-Track DE Insurance