Sponsored by:

Sebring Info?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 09:57 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 787 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoffrey
There has to be more to the story, PCA scruts, especially at Sebring, are seasoned scruts with cooler heads.
Agreed.

I think we also have to remember that this is a volunteer organization and that it is not a pro series.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:12 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If they were there as a test and tune prior to the IMSA race, I don't get the load and leave reaction either.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:24 AM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

It is possible that the wording in the rule book "as delivered from the Porsche Factory without modification..." may be the source of the issue, especially if Porsche delivered the same car with different specifications depending on the race series. These are relatively new cars and PCA club racing may not know all of the different configurations yet. Glen G's 997 cup was delivered without adjustable shocks, but if the IMSA ones were...I suspect this may take some time to sort out.

Last edited by Geoffrey; 02-11-2007 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:53 AM
DarrellC
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All 997 Cup Cars (IMSA or otherwise) are delivered from the Porsche factory with non-adjustable Sachs. (I have one and I participate in the IMSA series.) The IMSA series allows the modification to 2-way adjustable shocks - Sachs, JRZs, Ohlins, etc. One of the PCA proposed 2007 rule changes was to allow "any 2-way adjustable shocks" for GTC4. The proposal was rejected. It appears that the wording "as delivered from the Porsche Factory without modification..." is being strictly enforced.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:25 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 787 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by DarrellC
All 997 Cup Cars (IMSA or otherwise) are delivered from the Porsche factory with non-adjustable Sachs. (I have one and I participate in the IMSA series.) The IMSA series allows the modification to 2-way adjustable shocks - Sachs, JRZs, Ohlins, etc. One of the PCA proposed 2007 rule changes was to allow "any 2-way adjustable shocks" for GTC4. The proposal was rejected. It appears that the wording "as delivered from the Porsche Factory without modification..." is being strictly enforced.
Based on this, the ruling makes perfect sense to me. As delivered by the factory is pretty darn clear. And why they would care about getting booted to GTA anyway, especially if there are running in IMSA. PCA is just club racing, so the prize money ain't that good anyway .
Old 02-11-2007, 11:27 AM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So all 997 cups w/ 2 way adjustables will then be included in GTA unless restored to non-adjustables, correct?
Old 02-11-2007, 11:38 AM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by carreracup21
Glad everything turned out ok on the T1 deal. Sounds like a lot of fun. What kind of car is Ruiz driving now in D ? He used to run that yellow GT3 in B right ?
Colin you should have definetely taken the turbo. Smoke em if you got em !!
If it's the Ruiz I'm thinking of, Wally, then he runs a Cervelli prepared RSA.

G.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:08 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by George A
a Cervelli prepared RSA.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 02-11-2007, 12:27 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks you Darrell for that clarification. I knew there had to be more to the story. Although it sounds like the scruts were following the rules as written, I would think a little understanding here would be in order especially when the Porsche Motorsports rep is onsite and verifying that those shocks are IMSA legal.

I didn't know the 997's came with fixed shocks and I should have. There's 3 of them in the shop next to my 6-cup which came with 2-way Sachs (03'-05'). I'm wondering way Porsche decided to got to fixed. I wonder if it was for the SuperCup or CarreaCup series as was their dedcision to go without ABS.

As for runing out of group, my friends decided to pass on the run group for safety concerns, but they'll be out practing this morning and will probably run the Enduro.....
Old 02-11-2007, 01:18 PM
DarrellC
Advanced

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Thanks you Darrell for that clarification. I knew there had to be more to the story. Although it sounds like the scruts were following the rules as written, I would think a little understanding here would be in order especially when the Porsche Motorsports rep is onsite and verifying that those shocks are IMSA legal.

I didn't know the 997's came with fixed shocks and I should have. There's 3 of them in the shop next to my 6-cup which came with 2-way Sachs (03'-05'). I'm wondering way Porsche decided to got to fixed. I wonder if it was for the SuperCup or CarreaCup series as was their dedcision to go without ABS.

As for runing out of group, my friends decided to pass on the run group for safety concerns, but they'll be out practing this morning and will probably run the Enduro.....
I'm not sure why the 997 Cup Car comes with non-adjustable Sachs. (Financial considerations?) The early MY 996 Cup Cars also came with non-adjustable shocks. As you said, MY 03-05, came with 2-way adjustable Sachs.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:28 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talked to Glen last night. Sounds like Policastro did end up 1st overall/1st in class GTC4 & Glen was 3rd/3rd.

Chris,
Heard you were "numero uno" in GTC3. Great job! Antique cupcars rock

You guys have fun & play nice this afternoon
Old 02-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Anyone know the particular Cupcar that did "barrel rolls" in T13? ...another friend of mine and myself have not heard from our friend who went down there, with his 997 Cup, to race...and haven't heard one word from him nor are we able to contact him - so, we are a bit concerned.

Do you at least know the color of the car? The car in question is a solid ONE color car...no graphics.

Thanks!
Old 02-11-2007, 07:57 PM
dug911
Intermediate

My information is that the car was a 996 Cup Car from the Ohio region.

This is very unofficial so please treat it that way. I hope your friend is safe and having a cool one.

Quick Reply: Sebring Info?