Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Why I love Ghetto Racer Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 10:22 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It will be great. I love kids a lot. My goal for the foundation will be to make it the most efficient non profit ever. Nobody will take a dime out of it, 100% will go to the kids. While anonymous work are awesome... the goal of it will be to generate a lot of publicity about the troubled kids of the world. So I think the more awareness the better.

Last night on my freeway exit I ran into a young homeless kid. I went home and got some bread, apples, apple sauce, water, candy bars and went back down the hill to give to him. After brief chat, I learn that he's 20 years old from Arkansas... he's out here because he did a few stupid things in Arkansas and he had to leave. According to him he boosted (stolen) 37 cop cars. Dumb kids stuff; he was 17 when he did that. He didn't seem like a bad kid, but just a lost one that mad bad decisions. I gave him my # and told me to call me in end of march. i might have some work for him to do. just told him to stay out of trouble in the mean time.

I'm actually a fan of orphanage, I think properly setup, they are great. I've seen a lot of foster home kids when I was working at my dad's liquor store for some 15 years. I think kids who move around through the foster homes usually get messed up... and also, damn the liberals, they give foster kids WAY too much power now days. Kids need discipline...

hmm... well, i'm going to need a lot of good help on the foundation. better start looking soon. man i already know what my parents are going to say.... worry about myself first. hahaha.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:28 AM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
Last night on my freeway exit I ran into a young homeless kid.
I can picture that...
Old 02-05-2007, 10:31 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by jgrant
My God... you know less about the Intarweb than you do about Droving.

Believe me, you have absolutely NO concept as to what it takes to keep a site like this going, with the numbers of users and amount of content that lives here.

None.
please, maybe the software/server isn't properly setup? bbs are mostly just text. how much data can there possibly be? i have lots of friends who are old school at google. they are some of the brightest ppl. obviously they are all retired now... lucky bastards.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:33 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by RSRRacer
Well, actuall, real racers do post dyno sheets, to prove they are not cheating

I am going to be upset if the race does not happen. I did exchange my contact info with Frank.

Frank if you could please select 3-4 dates in late 2Q or 3Q 2007 I should be able to make one of them. You seem so busy, I hope you can squeeze it in. Bring the "me love you long time $5" friend as well!!

As for me, well I am busy also, but could make time for this event.
yah, i will coordinate with Glen since he's the main guy that's setting this up for all of us. what me love you long time friend? i need one!!
Old 02-05-2007, 10:35 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by 924RACR
Wow, is it just me, or does that thing look like A$$?? I mean, NOTHING below 5k!!

That would be just a tiresome bore on the racetrack. Well, you know what they say, HP sells cars...
that's a drag race car engine... enough power to run high 8'sin the quarter, FWD style. heheh.

i've always heard the old 930 turbo's had funky power curve like this... below boost, nothing, on boost, crazy power. any dyno sheets of those porsche's?!
Old 02-05-2007, 10:39 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It will be great. I love kids a lot. My goal for the foundation will be to make it the most efficient non profit ever. Nobody will take a dime out of it, 100% will go to the kids. While anonymous work are awesome... the goal of it will be to generate a lot of publicity about the troubled kids of the world. So I think the more awareness the better.

Last night on my freeway exit I ran into a young homeless kid. I went home and got some bread, apples, apple sauce, water, candy bars and went back down the hill to give to him. After brief chat, I learn that he's 20 years old from Arkansas... he's out here because he did a few stupid things in Arkansas and he had to leave. According to him he boosted (stolen) 37 cop cars. Dumb kids stuff; he was 17 when he did that. He didn't seem like a bad kid, but just a lost one that mad bad decisions. I gave him my # and told me to call me in end of march. i might have some work for him to do. just told him to stay out of trouble in the mean time.

I'm actually a fan of orphanage, I think properly setup, they are great. I've seen a lot of foster home kids when I was working at my dad's liquor store for some 15 years. I think kids who move around through the foster homes usually get messed up... and also, damn the liberals, they give foster kids WAY too much power now days. Kids need discipline...

hmm... well, i'm going to need a lot of good help on the foundation. better start looking soon. man i already know what my parents are going to say.... worry about myself first. hahaha.
This whole post is about you. Also, if you did help some kid last night, why is it necessary to tell us about it? IMHO, you should do good because it is the right thing to do, not because you expect anyone to find out about it. I agree with your parents.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:47 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by TD in DC
This whole post is about you. Also, if you did help some kid last night, why is it necessary to tell us about it? IMHO, you should do good because it is the right thing to do, not because you expect anyone to find out about it. I agree with your parents.
in time, the work that TGF do will speak for itself. i shall not discuss it further here. subject closed.

ps, f you. i help the kid out because i felt like it, not because i can come here and talk about it.

Last edited by GhettoRacer; 02-05-2007 at 11:06 AM.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in time, the work that TGF do will speak for itself. i shall not discuss it further here. subject closed.
Really? So what, are you going to get this thread closed too?
Old 02-05-2007, 11:11 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

ps, f you. i help the kid out because i felt like it, not because i can come here and talk about it.
Again, you miss the point. You did come here and talk about it. Nice profanity and great example to the kids. I would never give you or your charity a dime.

I really wonder why you come here.

The only thing you have in common with racing is that racing involves tools and you are one.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:17 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by Geo
Really? So what, are you going to get this thread closed too?
no dude, just the subject of my foundation TGF.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:19 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Again, you miss the point. You did come here and talk about it. Nice profanity and great example to the kids. I would never give you or your charity a dime.

The only thing you have in common with racing is that racing involves tools and you are one.
you implied that i helped the kid out for glory here, not out of kindness of my heart. i don't appreciate character attacks. TGF will do just fine. it doesn't need money from ppl like you.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:21 AM
jgrant
Burning Brakes

please, maybe the software/server isn't properly setup? bbs are mostly just text. how much data can there possibly be? i have lots of friends who are old school at google. they are some of the brightest ppl. obviously they are all retired now... lucky bastards.
See, you don't really know, you're guessing. Just like most people, you just can't fathom that it might be more complex than you think it is.

I have a company that builds large web sites for a living (Oracle-driven stuff for banks, governments, game companies, etc) and trust me when I tell you that you should stick to your racing... you're MUCH better at it than computer stuff.

And THAT is a scary thought...

$0.02
Old 02-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

TD, I once read that "Profanity is the tactic of a weak mind trying to express itself forcefully". So true here.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ghettoe told us of his plans to maybe move to LA. It appears that he tried it out this weekend, and wasn't accepted there very well either.......

http://my.earthlink.net/article/str?...02041579531527

Even though he tried to use an alias, the "harassing Japanese tourists" part gave him away!
Old 02-05-2007, 11:29 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

you implied that i helped the kid out for glory here, not out of kindness of my heart. i don't appreciate character attacks. TGF will do just fine. it doesn't need money from ppl like you.
You do not appear to be capable of understanding the point that I am trying to convey.

I said nothing about your intent. Your intent could be as pure as snow for all I know. I hope it is.

I pointed out to you that if you choose to engage in charitable acts, which I highly commend and urge you to do, you should take the focus off yourself, place it on the beneficiaries, and consider DOING IT ANONYMOUSLY.

In your first post in response to me, you recount a charitable act, which shows you totally missed my point.

I still think your parents are right. Somehow you cursing me is almost like a badge of honor in light of some of the things you say.

Just so that you can connect the dots, here is how it went down:

Frank,

Good luck with the charity. Any charitable work is to be commended. Please try to remember that, when doing charity work, the worker is not the point (and is not supposed to be the focus of attention). The point is the beneficiaries. IMHO, all of the best charitable work is done as anonymously as possible. Good luck with that.

TD
I me mine, me me me I I I I I did this last night, I will do even greater tomorrow. I I I me me mine mine.hmm... man i already know what my parents are going to say.... worry about myself first. hahaha.

Last edited by TD in DC; 02-05-2007 at 11:50 AM.

Quick Reply: The Why I love Ghetto Racer Thread