Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Too noisy for Lime Rock?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 08:45 AM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Short shift before the downhill and watch for them taking measurements at the beginning of the straight before pit in. Since you have a turbo, all you'll give up is some straight line speed. The rest of the track should still be fun.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:09 PM
Al P.
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lime Rock's ability to continue to operate is loosely based on a truce negotiated by the Conneticut courts, between the track and the church across the street.

No racing on Sunday and the same state mandated noise requirements as on the street (amongst other things I'm sure).

Lime Rock does not take noise violations lightly. The first time you're over you get black flagged and are given the oportunity to "correct" the problem, (I've seen some ingenious fixes) The second time you're black flagged you park the car, end of discussion. basicaly they're trying to make sure the track stays open, the ****'s are in the church across the street.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:31 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

They state that it is 84db, but they give you to 89db. Over that, and they will give you a hard time as Al explained. I once got a old coffee can from the consession stand to make a turnout for my car.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:53 PM
Alpine951
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the stock muffler on my 951 with a straight pipe in place of the converter. No problems so far. I once saw a GT2 trying to put on an exhaust elbo on the pipes coming out the backin the pits because they got him. he had to hav the elbow pointed towards the infield.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:29 PM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Geoffrey,

Well even though our cars LOOK aliike, that's where the resemblance ends. You: 500 + hp turbo - me: 300 NA 3.6L; You: fast driver - me: slow driver. So I won't have to worry about my car being mistaken by the LR "noise police" for your loud rocket sled (now, that's a relief). :-0

Are the race dates 9/17 & 18 this year?

I presume that you'll be at LRP on 3/31. See you then.

Richard

Quick Reply: Too noisy for Lime Rock?