Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motons - Where to buy

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 01:10 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Skip thanks, did a search. He already did a tally and I am on my way to poverty, but it worth 2 secs a lap so time to eat soup instead of going out. Larry, need your help dialing these in at VIR................ add it to your list.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:40 PM
Acropora
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Don't forget the monoballs if you don't have them already bye bye wallet!
Old 01-22-2007, 02:00 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Motons

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
With my limited brain power, if I went with triple adjustables, my car would start looking like this:
That is exactly the right image to display the problem of too many options (for us non-engineering types).
Well done!
Old 01-22-2007, 02:01 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Unless you have damper position sensors, I would get the 2 way adjustables or the Club Sport model. If you do have damper position sensors, then I would get the 4 way adjustables. As you can see from the plots below, the damper spends much more time at low speed velocities than it does high speed. The dark colors have been identified as low speed.

Last edited by Geoffrey; 01-22-2007 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:22 PM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Bobt993

Do share all the components you are getting for your setup and can you PM me with the total tally so I can get a feeling of how much of my retirement is going by-by.

Thanks,
Old 01-22-2007, 02:24 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoffrey
Unless you have damper position sensors, I would get the 2 way adjustables or the Club Sport model. If you do have damper position sensors, then I would get the 4 way adjustables. As you can see from the plots below, the damper spends much more time at low speed velocities than it does high speed. The dark colors have been identified as low speed.

Do you know a good source for the necessary sensors that I can use with my DL-1?

If you can, please identify the sensor and supplier.

I will be running with adjustable shocks this year, and I might as well install the sensors since I already have the data logger. Apparently I too hate money.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:37 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

What speed does the DL-1 log at and how much memory does it have? The damper position sensors need to be logged between 200-500hz depending on the application. The MoTeC damper position sensors are between $225 and $300 depending on length, mounting components, etc.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:04 PM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by swftiii
Where is the most economical place to buy Motons? Where is the best place to buy them?

Just starting to look into them...

Thanks,

-Skip
Skip-

We are an authorized Moton dealer.

http://www.awe-tuning.com/

Email me if you would like further info.

mike@awe-tuning.com
Old 01-22-2007, 03:16 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

What speed does the DL-1 log at and how much memory does it have? The damper position sensors need to be logged between 200-500hz depending on the application. The MoTeC damper position sensors are between $225 and $300 depending on length, mounting components, etc.
Looks like it would be compatible (300hz). This would be for installation of triple adjustables in a n/a 944

Skip, I can split this off in a separate thread, but since you are getting adjustables I thought you might be interested in this as well . . .

Here are the stats.

Memory

Compact flash type I. Data in FAT16 PC format. Minimum card size 32MB, maximum card size 2GB (limited by FAT16).

GPS

Outputs position, speed, position accuracy and speed accuracy every 100ms with no interpolation. GPS tracking loops optimised for applications up to about 4g. tracking of all satellites in view.

Analogue Inputs

7 external inputs, all 12 bit resolution. 3 inputs are 12v full scale, 4 inputs are 5v full scale. All inputs are protected to twice maximum input voltage. 1 internal analogue input connected to the power supply voltage to measure battery voltage.

Frequency Inputs

4 external frequency inputs with a maximum input frequency >2kHz. Hardware dividers of 4 or 16 to average readings if required. Triggering voltage requires a low input of <1v and a high input of >4v and 15v maximum.

Lap Beacon Input

Triggering voltage requires a low input of <1v and a high input of >4v and 15v maximum.

Start Sample Input/Output
Input requires grounding to start sampling and again to stop sampling. Open collector output with a maximum current of 50mA

Power Supply Requirements

12v nominal input, minimum of 10v, maximum of 15v. Current consumption of about 180mA including GPS, dependant on compact flash card size

+5v Reference Out

Maximum current draw 100mA, tolerance 1%.

Ignition In Signal (High Level)

Triggered by fast voltage transients. Can be connected directly to the low tension side of the ignition coil, or capacitively coupled to the high-tension side.

Ignition In Signal (Low Level)

Triggering voltage requires a low input of <1v and a high input of >4v and 15v maximum. Suitable for connection directly to most ECU tacho outputs.

Maximum input frequency >300Hz.

Case Construction
Extruded aluminium anodised black, nominal case thickness 2mm. End panels CNC cut carbon fibre.

Connector Type

3.5mm pitch screw connectors

Main Processor
24MHz RISC with embedded flash program memory

GPS Serial Port

User configurable for baud rate and messages. Factory set at 4800 baud and outputting NMEA messages of $GPRMC and $GPGGA,
DL1 Serial Ports

2 separate ports. Port 1 fixed at a baud rate of 115200 baud. Whilst logging outputs all data from all channels at 100Hz. Also used for reflashing, diagnostics and configuration. Port 2 used for inputting RS232 data for storage during a run, from an ECU, OBDII adapter or any other compatible device.
Accelerometers
2 axis, precision digital output. Guaranteed 2g minimum full scale on both axes. Resolution of 0.005g. Optional 10g sensor available as a factory option.
Vibration
Factory tested at 25g, 50Hz sinusoid for 5 minutes (without compact flash card inserted).
Temperature
Factory tested from -20oC to 70oC
Old 01-22-2007, 03:25 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Skip, Bob, and Todd

I am looking forward to hearing your summaries/findings/opinions after you have some time with these. I am still working on mine (setup/settings) and have 11 DE days on the JRZ$/monoball$.

Thanks,

Jim
Old 01-22-2007, 03:28 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

TD, looks like you'll be all set then provided the software can do the analysis. You'll use the 4 AV inputs with 0-5 volt resolution using 12bit A/D conversion.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:38 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

TD, looks like you'll be all set then. You'll use the 4 AV inputs with 0-5 volt resolution using 12bit A/D conversion.
Thanks! Happen to have a link to a good supplier handy?
Old 01-22-2007, 05:55 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Acropora
Don't forget the monoballs if you don't have them already bye bye wallet!
case a beer, two nights, cursing, banging, yes I remember, I did do the ERP's on the rear links last year, ugggh. Fronts need to be done, but a little easier.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:57 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by forklift
Skip, Bob, and Todd

I am looking forward to hearing your summaries/findings/opinions after you have some time with these. I am still working on mine (setup/settings) and have 11 DE days on the JRZ$/monoball$.

Thanks,

Jim
Jim, will see you at VIR. Look for the Larry Camp. Bring peanut M&Ms Larry likes the jumbo ones.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:48 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bobt993
Jim, will see you at VIR. Look for the Larry Camp. Bring peanut M&Ms Larry likes the jumbo ones.
Cool, I wil be in the Turbo Ghetto w/ Brian and Jim. Maybe you guys can set up camp nearby, although the Ghetto is a ways out where the land is much cheaper (make a left when entering the paddock and we will be a few blocks down on that "road").

Thanks for the m&m tip!

Quick Reply: Motons - Where to buy