Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has put graphics on their trailers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 07:51 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Who has put graphics on their trailers?

What are everyone's thoughts around whether or not one should decorate the outside of their enclosed trailer with graphics?

Is the concern of advertising what is in the trailer over-weighed by the fun of having a "cool" trailer?

Who has graphics on their trailer and can you post pics?
Old 01-18-2007, 07:57 AM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Debating the question myself but right now all I have is a 944 sillouette.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:02 AM
Chris L.
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would appreciate someone also commenting about the resale value of such. My understanding is that the resale is significantly hurt by doing such, even if "repaired" as my salesman put it.

What options are there for an aluminum trailer without painting?

thanks
Old 01-18-2007, 08:46 AM
roketman
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

I have the Carrera Cup script and logo on the sides of my trailer.I debated putting anything on my trailer because I don't want anyone to know whats in it.After thinking about it I don't really park any where that unsafe. Otherwise I would have put septic sevices graphics on it .
Old 01-18-2007, 09:03 AM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

For me it is a non-issue. I truly believe that most tow rig/combo's even in plain white dress screem something really cool is inside. It just cant be helped with the liftgates, elevators, cabs, etc. Even in my case with a fairly straight forward featherlite TAG connected to a SUV I am always asked what type of R-car I am towing, funny thing is its not even a r-car.

Anyways at the end of the day I believe if folks want graphics then do it. If it is vinyl or a wrap it can be removed, paint buffed and away you go.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:03 AM
bravocharlie
Instructor

I thought long and hard about what to put on the trailer and the name my one man race team. In the end, I decided that I did not want people to know what was in the trailer; particularly on long road trips parking at gas stations, restaurants, hotels, etc.

I figured that if someone was smart enough to understand the name of my race team, then they were probably not likely to want my car without paying for it.

I provided my local sign / graphics guy with the Porsche font and an instruction for a very clean layout and design. This is what I ended up with...

Old 01-18-2007, 09:44 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 170 Posts

I'm not worried about it..

Last edited by Gary R.; 06-18-2008 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:47 AM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by Chris L.
I would appreciate someone also commenting about the resale value of such. My understanding is that the resale is significantly hurt by doing such, even if "repaired" as my salesman put it.

What options are there for an aluminum trailer without painting?

thanks

I had a buddy who bought a gooseneck that was 4 years old but they had used a wrap on the entire exterior surface. The trailer on the outside looked brand new when we removed it.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:55 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Another potential side issue, in some States, including New Jersey, if you include the name of a business/sponsor, they require Commercial plates for the trailer (or vehicle if it is on the vehicle), which are usually more expensive.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:25 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,666 Likes on 859 Posts

DON'T DO IT.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:37 AM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

I always thought a Infectious Medical Waste stickers would prevent anyone from trying to break into it. I know that at one of our shopping centers we provided security to, a trucker unhooked and left his rig on the lot. We couldn't get anyone to tow it out. The minute they saw that IFW sticker, they backed away and drove off
Old 01-18-2007, 11:51 AM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Besides the security aspect there is more to the resale topic. The graphics do leave a shadow when removed (if you can get them off) so when selling the trailer the graphics are usually a negative feature for most buyers.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:58 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

I have debated this. I've heard of trailers marked as other things broken into by thieves looking for tools (ie, do not mark it as a landscaping company; they might break into it looking for a weed whacker...).

I do have a hazardous waster sticker ready to in as well as some Porsche crests..... Should I put one or the other or both, in the end my car could be considered hazrdous waste
Old 01-18-2007, 01:05 PM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

Markings you should consder:

Since trailers seem to sometimes disapear I have adopted the "mass transit" ID marking by placing contact/ID info on the TOP of the trailer.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine has Porsche logos and "Hey, Wait for me! Racing" stickers on it. I'm not concerned about resale as I indend to keep it a long time. While I did/do worry a little about potential theft, it's stored in a quiet neighborhood in a place that not easily seen by others (the neighbors can all see it though, as can I) so the theft potential is small. There are plenty of big boats in the neighborhood. I worry more about theft at the track than at home.

I put the stickers on for fun - a plain white trailer is boring.

Quick Reply: Who has put graphics on their trailers?