2 new tracks, Mid Atlantic US

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2001, 01:26 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
Post 2 new tracks, Mid Atlantic US

Summit Point, W.Va., is adding a 2 mile +/- new road course that wiill open next Fall. Shenandoah Circuit with lots of elevation changes and a copy on the Nurbering carousel.

Elizabethtown, N.J., not far from the Delaware Memorial Bridge will open a 1.2 mile road course the Spring. Raceway Park.
Old 12-16-2001, 09:10 PM
chas911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Bill, I believe that is Englishtown, NJ.

"Raceway Park is happy to announce that we are in the process of building a ROAD COURSE. This track will be separate from all other tracks at Raceway Park.
The course measures 1.35 miles with 40 foot wide roads over the entire course, except for the 1,400 foot straightaway that is 50 feet wide. There are some great features to this track such as, one 90 degree right turn, a 16 degree banked left turn and a mini corkscrew, which the road dips down and turns left as it drops.
This is a Technical Course.
There are approximately 13 turns. Some could be considered 2 turns.
The entire course will have lights.
Be prepared for the sound level to be on the quiet side. The actual db # has not yet been determined.

At this time, we plan on having cars, go-karts, and motorcycles usign this track.

Tentative opening should be in the Spring of 2002, if everything goes as planned.

Information regarding times, prices, etc. will be posted here as soon as it becomes available.

I would add a link but don't know how, so here is the only way I know, racewaypark.com.

Also, there is another track which I heard about somewhere near you. See dragonsridge.com

Charlie
Old 12-17-2001, 11:09 AM
James Achard
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All, On the subject of new tracks, what is happening with Rausch Creek? I also saw the plans for Beaver Creek, CVR has an event planned there tentatively for next spring. The more the merrier!!!

James
Old 12-17-2001, 11:17 AM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

There was a recent article in SCCA News about Rausch Creek. Looks like its a "go" for this Spring. The interest in track driving must be growing rapidly with all the expansions. I plan on driving the CVR event. See you there!
Old 12-28-2001, 05:01 PM
Tony'z911
Advanced

This is awesome news!
Living near Baltimore, this should mean that I will have 4-5 tracks within a 5 hour drive, and 2 of them will be <2 hours away! Sweet!
-T
Old 12-28-2001, 05:20 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rausch Creek

Updated info is that if you drive this track in '02 you better have your mudders on and significant ground clearance. Porsche SUV track?
Old 12-28-2001, 05:54 PM
James Achard
Pro

Hmmm, This does not look good. Their website( Rausch Creek) has been down for a while too, not a good omen. Let's hope they can get everything sorted out.

Regards, James
Old 12-29-2001, 10:36 AM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have no idea how old those construction photos are. Once this weather front passes we will do a recon fly by and take some fresh shots. We may find asphalt and light blue armco!
Old 01-01-2002, 09:53 PM
Terry Lefco
Track Day

Is the new Summit Point track still a "go"? Ihave heard about problems with community opposition.
Old 01-02-2002, 10:35 AM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Summit Point did face the typical slow downs but is a "go" for construction. According to the owners this project is going to move quickly. They are also building a hotel for drivers attending their driving school. That upset the town more than the track.
Old 01-02-2002, 12:45 PM
JC in NY
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anyone have new info on Rausch Creek?

If the surface has not been started by now I don't think there will be events there this season.
Old 01-02-2002, 03:49 PM
Samm
7th Gear

There is also a proposed track down here in Florida called Lightning Ridge Motorsports Park. There has been some trouble with the people living around where it's going to be built, saying that it's going to ruin the terrain...well it's not cause there's nothing out there except grass and one tree on like 160 some odd acres! The land has some 60 feet of elevation. That would be a good track for me cause I live 90 minutes from there. They have a website, but all it says is check back for exciting news from LRMP Corp!...

Samm
Crew Chief
Open Air Motorsports http://www.openairmotorsports.com
87 944S Porshce
Old 01-03-2002, 12:47 PM
John Chasse
Intermediate

Thumbs down

As I understand it (from CVR DE Board member) the CVR PCA event at Beaver Run will NOT happen this year, but they have a "definate" date for next year, 2003.
Old 01-03-2002, 01:34 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Beaverun (Rausche Creek) construction update
John,
I think you found the reason we could not get any updates. Rausche Creek & Beaverun is the same facility (I think). Anyway the above link is from CVR's site and gives a Dec 01 status.
Old 01-03-2002, 05:04 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

WRONG. Oh well, Rausche Creek status is still uncertain but it is located outside Harrisburg and Beaverun in near Pittsburgh.

Quick Reply: 2 new tracks, Mid Atlantic US