Sponsored by:

AIM MXL Data Acquisition

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 09:35 AM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 66 Posts

Pedro - you should be able to adjust the corner recognition to correctly identify the other corners - it's in the analysis SW under the track mapping window - just play with the corner recognition slider.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Caddell
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoffrey
Roger, did I read you right that you are sampling shock position at a mere 50hz? I can't believe that provides any good information at all. At 100mph, the car would have traveled 35.2 inches. Similarly, logging battery voltage at 50hz is probably unnecessary unless you were using it to identify an issue.
You did read right. I agree for real suspension data analysis the sampling rate would need to be much higher but we are racing a Spec Miata, spec non adjustable shocks and spec springs, so we are using the data suspension data as little more than a ride height sensor. Very important in this class.

Data Acq is just another tool... use it how you like for the task at hand!

I also agree on the battery voltage statement, 5hz is our norm but when wanting to overlay onto the video, 50hz sampling rate syncs up better with the video frame rate and sometime I want the battery voltage on the video so we just do all of the channels at 50hz.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:06 AM
cbracer
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to add to what was mentioned:

> On the 996 Cup cars, the Bosch ABS sensors are used by the Motec ADL.
> However only three are hooked up, hook the fourth and Bosch invalidates your warranty.

The Motec does not use the sensors directly, it reads the ABS computer's outputs. NEVER tap into an ABS wheel speed sensor if you want ABS to work properly, and an improperly working ABS computer is REALLY bad.

The Bosch units have 3 or 4 outputs that are simply pulsed on/off which simulate 48 pulses per rev. If your car has TC then you only have 3 outputs, a care without TC has 4. This is due to additional pins required and not having enough pins to give all 4 outputs.

A better way is to grab everything off the CAN bus, newer cars have more on the CAN bus than older cars.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:04 AM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

"The Bosch units have 3 or 4 outputs that are simply pulsed on/off which simulate 48 pulses per rev."

They actually output the number of pulses it finds on the ABS ring. In my case, I have 43 in the front and 45 in the rear.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:35 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Has anyone ever attempted to use the MXL Pista or Pro with a Euro SC (non-ecu car)? How do you get RPM, temp, pressure readouts?

Quick Reply: AIM MXL Data Acquisition