Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Update to Club Motorsport in NH?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 08:34 PM
Roscoe
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Update to Club Motorsport in NH?

Or is this dead in the water?
Old 12-23-2006, 08:37 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I stopped getting email updates sometime ago.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:18 PM
Jewels
Rennlist Member

ditto
Old 12-23-2006, 11:59 PM
chrisp
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so what does a place like this do with the money they've already raised in deposits/pre-construction memberships?
Old 12-24-2006, 12:04 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

This is odd.
The latest update on the website for Club Motorsports in NH is the announcement of Calabogie in Canada?
http://www.clubmotorsports.com/press...ils&newsID=433
Old 12-24-2006, 12:05 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

And there appears to be 30 members listed:
http://www.clubmotorsports.com/MemberProfiles/

Anyone listed from rennlist? Perhaps they will know what happens to any deposits/membership fees.
Old 12-24-2006, 08:56 AM
bravocharlie
Instructor

Originally Posted by chrisp
so what does a place like this do with the money they've already raised in deposits/pre-construction memberships?
The way I understand it is that there are two categories of membership. A deeper discount was offered to those who took additional "risk" and would not get their money back if it didn't fly. I think you can look at the various membership fee structures on their website.

As far as the project is concerned, it is my understanding that they are mired down in permitting issues that are now being litigated. Most land professionals in the area believe that this will get built, its just a matter of when.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:05 PM
chrisp
Three Wheelin'

I ask because i met a guy at NIHIS last year who was an early adopter of club motorsports. I think he said he put $10k down to get an early membership. He and i talked about it and although for the # of days proposed that he would get on track as part of his membership made it far more expensive than DE he liked the idea of belonging to a club. Now, i'm thinking that a guy like this has not only had $10k of his money tied up for probably 3-4 years at this point but there's still the chance he'll lose it all together. These facilities need to come in better funded and in more of an underpromise overdeliver situation. It's a pet peeve of mine that all of these clubs are out there trying to sell memberships before they even break ground. There's one in New York right now selling memberships for $100k and that doesn't include a lot of benefits. The price goes up after they sell the first 100. Fortunately these guys are well funded and it looks like it's going to happen.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:58 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 983 Likes on 590 Posts

I've been driving by Club Motorsports every couple of months for just about the last year. Nothing is happening at the site. Sentiment from people in the area is that they don't want it and it won't happen. I wouldn't bet on it.....

Now the new SCCA track is altogether different!! That keeps sounding better and better every time I hear about it.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:21 PM
Roscoe
Instructor

this one? Does anyone have a status? http://www.palmermotorsportspark.com/
Old 01-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Wouldn't that be nice ot have another road course in NH!
Old 06-24-2009, 03:16 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Got this update today via email, apparently they're still around...

Project Update: Club Motorsports remains dedicated to building a world-class motorsports country club. We feel our persistence will be rewarded and we eagerly look forward to the start of construction. Despite the delays created by the court cases, we have made significant steps forward.

We have completed several of the critical punch-list items that are required before construction can begin. Last spring, we re-started the timber operation and the remaining sections should be cut in the next few months. As you may remember, this work was originally started back in 2004 and we are happy to be completing this phase. More importantly, over this past winter we completed our geo-tech investigation and evaluation. This was a labor intensive project with hundreds of test borings made throughout the property. The field work and evaluation helped determine the exact composition of soil and subsurface on our property including the location of the rock ledge. Our engineering firm needed this information in order to finalize our construction documents so we are preparing to go out for construction bids.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:13 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I personally am looking forward to the opening of the new track in Palmer (summer 2010)

Quick Reply: Any Update to Club Motorsport in NH?