Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where are the Michelin slicks?....

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 03:45 PM
AndyT
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did a comparison (cost driven) between Dunlop and Pirellis. Dunlops are about 300 bucks more per set. No one mentioned Dunlops and I was wondering if it was because of the cost or the quality? I just ran 2 days on Michelin slicks that had about 5 heat cycles in them prior. Fronts were S7s and rears Cup yellows. They lasted about 4 out of the 6 DE sessions. After that they were tired, heat cycled out. However no issue with wear. They look like they could still be used. I hear they need to rest then they come back to life

I have never run Michelin slicks. I'm looking for a tire that doesn't explode like poor Mike's did. I'd rather have more heat cycles than super fast laps all day. I will Club race the car. Seems to me the Pirellis are readily available and cheaper. What am i missing ?
Old 08-23-2007, 04:12 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Andy, I have run the yellow cups for over 25 heat cycles, and did my fastest lap at WGI on the 20th heat cycle. Lots of variables here, but all I'm saying is that if you are just doing driving events, you can run them a long time.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:31 PM
AndyT
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to know. Thanks !
Old 08-23-2007, 04:31 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

F-L will be using Yokos on many of our cars soon, call the shop and they should be able to get you a set. Some of our guys have been using them for years.

Quick Reply: Where are the Michelin slicks?....