Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Champ Car drivers are inferior to F1 drivers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 07:27 PM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. (tie) Prost
1. (tie) Senna

I simply cannot choose between the two. While I think Senna had more sheer speed, Prost was the absolute master of only using as much of the car (especially tires) as he had to. He never abused the car unnecessarily, yet he could grab it by the scruff of the neck if needed. Both were excellent test drivers. Nothing to choose between the two IMHO.

3. Fangio - as dominating in his time as Scummie, but without the BS drama and cheating

4. M. Schumacher - I am NOT a fan (I downright don't like him), but I damned sure respect his talent, however abused.

5. Clark
Old 12-21-2006, 07:37 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
WELL ,
1. This is above your head,
2. You ran out of kool aid.
3. I'm not So. American.
4. i have finally figured out the position of where you have the pole.
5. Every statement i have made is factual and can be backed up .
6. My opinion is listed as my top ten .
7. can you name 10 f1 drivers , have you ever been to a f1 race.
8. You have now attacked everyone's opinion on their F1 driver picks and i'm opinionated.
9. You ARE not capable of understanding technical facts .
10. You started watching F1 , when you got your first tv 2 yrs ago so i can now understand the comments .

There ! MY NEW TOP 10 FOR THE POLE !
I guess you want to make this personal but I have attended F1 races as early as the late 60's ...........and for the rest of your post I am not going to lower myself to that level.

MOANtoya ? LOL
Old 12-21-2006, 07:44 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Haha Montoya? I have to agree, that's laughable! He doesn't appear on a top 10, top 20, or even top 30 list imho. Give me a break
Old 12-21-2006, 08:20 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pcar964
Haha Montoya? I have to agree, that's laughable! He doesn't appear on a top 10, top 20, or even top 30 list imho. Give me a break
I guess comprehension is lacking here , it is a list of drivers that i have seen in action live, but i guess this is too much for you and pole to understand.

and as i have said if you did not see juan in a Indycar you have not seen anything , but i guess he is a lacky, you must be right as it is against this kind of talent the MS won 7 w/c
Old 12-21-2006, 08:23 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pole position
I guess you want to make this personal but I have attended F1 races as early as the late 60's ...........and for the rest of your post I am not going to lower myself to that level.

MOANtoya ? LOL
yeah i guess your comments where not meant to be personal .
Old 12-21-2006, 09:38 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,204 Likes on 1,243 Posts

Ok, this thread is out in left field

How about a fun question:

How many F1 drivers have won the Indy 500 (back when that actually meant something).
Old 12-21-2006, 10:23 PM
Barfly
Racer

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
Ok, this thread is out in left field

How many F1 drivers have won the Indy 500 (back when that actually meant something).
For a twist...

Also, from 1951-1960, the Indy 500 was part of the F1 season.

Here are some F1 champions that have raced at Indy:

Jack Brabham 1959 &1960 F1 champ
raced in the Indy 500 in 1961 : 6th place
1964 : 20th place
1969: 24th
1970 : 13th

Graham Hill 1962 & 1968 F1 champ
raced in the Indy 500 in 1966 : Winner
1967 : 32nd
1968 : 19th

Jim Clark 1963 & 1965 champ
raced in the indy 500 in 1963 : 2nd place
1964 : 24th
1965 : Winner
1966 : 2nd
1967 : 32nd

Denny Hulme 1967 champ
raced in the indy 500 in 1967 : 4th
1968 : 4th
1969 : 18th
1971 : 17th

Jackie Stewart 1969, 1971,1973 champ
raced in the indy 500 in 1966 : 6th
1967 : 18th

Jochen Rindt 1970 champ
raced in indy 500 in 1967 : 24th
1968 : 32nd

Emerson Fittipaldi : 1972 & 1974 champ
raced in the indy 500 in 1984 : 32nd
1985 : 13th
1986 : 7th
1987 : 16th
1988 : 2nd
1989 : Winner
1990 : 3rd
1991 : 11th
1992 : 24th
1993 : Winner
1994 : 17th
1995 : bumped on bump day

Mario Andretti 1978 F1 champ
1969 Indy 500 winner
and many many Indy 500's

Nigel Mansell : 1992 F1 champ
raced in the 1993 Indy 500 : 3rd
1994 : 22nd

*courtesy of Sam Clemens*
Old 12-21-2006, 10:30 PM
Barfly
Racer

Emerson Fittipaldi and Mario Andretti are two that really standout in their past success, both with F1 and the Indy 500.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:58 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,372 Likes on 1,998 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Finn,
i understand , that why i stated that for me they have to have a W/C to make my list ...

Maybe if we say post your top 5/10 list based on the best F1 W/C. it would be less complicated for some ..

Then you can do a top 10 based on the best driver you have ever seen , with this criteria my top ten list is different but similar ...

The top ten drivers i have ever seen.Live.

1. Juan Montoya
2. Walter Rohl
3. Michael Schumacher.
4. Nigel Mansell
5. Oscar Laurrarui
6 .Hans stuck.
7. Emerson Fittipaldi
8. Mario andretti
9. Bob wolleck.
10. JJ Lehto

Man there is so many that qualify these are the guys who drives stick out ,of the top of my head. Hans stuck and walter scared the **** out of me at sebring years ago in the rain on slicks these guys wherethe only ones that did not have to stop for wets to see walter drift that Turbo porsche before they had red flagged the race was something you had to see. Oscar laurrarui Could hustle a 962 like it was a gt car , he was the best i have ever seen in a 962 closely folowed by stuck . On the tight street course's Oscar would pitch this ground effects car around like a toy .. He also had set the lap record at daytona before an accident from a blown rear tire destroyed the Brun 962..

Ohh, if you never saw Montoya in a Indy car , !!! then forget about it...

JJ , wht can i say in a sportscar WOW!
I suspected it, but after reading Whine Pablo Montoya tops your list above the others you listed, I know for certain your on drugs. BACK AWAY FROM THE CRACK PIPE!!!!!!!!!! I saw your boy take out his teammate live this year at Indy along with 1/3 of the field. I've seen him live on 3 other occasions in both the McLaren and BMW. There is a reason he is a backmarker in NASCAR. He flat out sucks, was overrated, bitched about everyone and everything except the guy in the mirror.

You want to talk about facts? Lets talk then.

Fact: Michael Schumacher not only beat his own teammate, he beat everyone else on the grid. FACT!!!!!!!!!!

Fact: MS has more championships than anyone else. FACT.

Fact: Were his tactics questionable and sometimes ugly on the track? Yes. FACT.

You scream that no one else knows anything about anything, but your one of the many MS haters. You can't look beyond your hatred.

You complain that he manipulated the system and that his teammates got the bad luck with mechanical gremlins like he orchestrated it himself. Laughable.

You mention drivers, but never the entire picture of what it takes to be a World Champion, let alone a multiple WC. You fail to look at the team dynamic.

You fail to mention that MS came from a mediocre Benetton team to be WC. He then went over to Ferrari, bringing his guys to build up the once lowly Ferrari to utter domination, the likes the entire sport has not ever seen before and may well never see again. Unlike his partying brother, he does not spend long nights in the bar before a race weekend, he meets with suppliers, vendors, goes over the data acquisition, has been and still is the most fit on the entire grid, not just compared to his teammate. There are so many things that go into a WC. Senna may have won his WCs with a good car, but he didn't have a hand in building the car and team in the same way MS did.

As Pole Position said, it does not make sense to put 2 #1 drivers on the same team. Those days are long over and it started before MS got into the sport. Its the way it is.

Finally, you don't win 7 WC and almost an 8th by accident or just being a good driver. FACT!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2006, 12:51 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

M3pete,
There are 2 list , go back and read, there is a serious comprehension problems with the MS guys. SO I CAN UNDERSTAND

My last list is best drives i have witnessed live and it is based on Montoya in a Indy car . Now if you want to use this year F1 grandprix to based all that Montoya is , then it explains who and what you are. also it is my list , my opinions , my impressions , but instead of debate you want to ridicule with personal attacks...
WHERE IS YOUR LIST ?
So here goes, i have seen your Bwoy Ms do a lot of stupid things over the years , so i guess MS has never ran into the back of someone , ohh less not forget Ms trying to pass irvine on the dirty line flew off the track and broke his F***king Leg . What about running into the back of DC at f***King Spa , then blaming coulthard. If coulthard had floored him in the pits , he would have made my list

WHat i saw this year is a man in the best car on the grid by a wide margin and
still could not win ,the year before , with no pit stops , he was nowhere a putz , WHY? because his driving style destroy tires and he use's pitstops to make his passes. But you would not understand that , as your hatred for anyone's opinion who differs from your's, coupled with your ignorance of the sport, clouds the pinhead... and finally your notion that a team can win by having one good driver is the height of stupidity , as ferrari would have won this year if they had equal drivers , where renault , with one good driver and a big lead almost lost it it is not by coincidence that Ms biggest success came after having 2 top drivers at ferrari , michael used barrichello to his best advantage .
enuff said !
and Ohh, by the way ,PLEASE RETURN MY CRACK PIPE WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED WITH IT BATTYBWOY

Last edited by A.Wayne; 12-22-2006 at 02:16 AM.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:24 PM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr

If you define F1 driver as being a driver with at least one F1 start then you get the following list of F1 drivers who have won the Indy 500:

Clark
Hill
Andretti
Donohue
Sullivan
Rahal
Fittipaldi
Villeneuve
Cheever
Montoya

Quick Reply: Champ Car drivers are inferior to F1 drivers?