Bill Auberlen: first lap at Road Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 10:51 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PatK-Mpls
Let me sat a couple things straight here.
1) Nobody 'accused' Leh of having a cheater car.
2) I am quite well aware of the impact of exit speed.
3) I do not race against Leh - I am not the person I am speaking of. Nor do I claim that that person's claims are absolutely true. (I race a Cup car)
4) My original statement still stands - You cannot compare Leh to Bill Auberlen on the basis of PCA video or record vs Pro Racing video or record.
Patk,
Do you race with PCA ?
Old 12-02-2006, 12:06 AM
carreracup21
Three Wheelin'

Auberlen is a great driver and at the pinnacle of his career, the top of his game. Leh is a rising star with a lot going for him. Young, talented, loves winning and has a great family. Put those ingredients together with seat time, experience and a great team, well good things will happen. He will be there soon enough. In the meantime, its a lot of fun watching him progress and sharing his experiences with us on-line. I was lucky to get to know him.
PatK , I was not saying you had accused him, but you did lay out a hearsay claim which was meant to discredit his performance somewhat. Trust me he doesn't need 500 hp to dominate PCA.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:30 AM
PatK-Mpls
Instructor

carreracup21: good point. I apologize if I implied that Leh has a car that is more able than that of his competitors.

A Wayne: I do race in PCA. However, last year I did the full season of IMSA GT3 Cup.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:47 PM
gt3skea
Instructor

i havent read any posts after this yet... but this says everything we need to know about leh, and with this attitide im sure he will be faster

Originally Posted by kingleh
bill is a hell of a driver... very smart... better at suspention mechanics and faster then me...

i hope to be as good as him (or better) in the future...

he is also always in a good car if not the best.....
Old 12-03-2006, 06:26 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

carreracup21: good point. I apologize if I implied that Leh has a car that is more able than that of his competitors.

A Wayne: I do race in PCA. However, last year I did the full season of IMSA GT3 Cup.
PatK,
This is a racing forum , you are a racer , Feed us
It would be great to see , pics, race info etc....As we all gain from this ... here ...

Carreracup21, i would agree, but my ranking of Billy is not from his tintop performance , it is from his prototype performance , which makes his tintop performance more of what to be expected . also he has had to deal with somereally fast teammates in both categories. Leh is fast and good and is also in a good car , there is no doubt that leh is good or that he would or will get better. but one is there already , while i view leh to be on his way and would be quite suprised if he did not achieve that highier level.

I still believe as a porsche community we do not apply enough pressure on Porsche Motorsports to promote more young and talented american Drivers
Patrick long as the only token is not acceptable by me , as we desreve more from porsche
Old 12-03-2006, 08:59 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Patrick long as the only token is not acceptable by me , as we desreve more from porsche
Interesting point/question. If the factory maintained 6 drivers "on-staff" (that's about the number, right?), how many would you want/expect to be Americans? I am thrilled Patrick is one of them and consider that quite special. Perhaps 2 of the 6 makes sense (assuming they are fast enough - I have no time for quotas)?
Old 12-03-2006, 09:48 AM
Bob C.
Instructor

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
PatK,
This is a racing forum , you are a racer , Feed us
It would be great to see , pics, race info etc....As we all gain from this ... here ...
Here's PatK in Bad Attitude at Miller Motorsports Park...

Old 12-03-2006, 06:16 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Interesting point/question. If the factory maintained 6 drivers "on-staff" (that's about the number, right?), how many would you want/expect to be Americans? I am thrilled Patrick is one of them and consider that quite special. Perhaps 2 of the 6 makes sense (assuming they are fast enough - I have no time for quotas)?

If the factory is racing with 6 drivers in the us then there should be at least 2 drivers , possible 2 cars then at least 2 drivers should be americans... i don't care how much drivers they race with in germany or the rest of the world . Of course the drivers should be competititve , not just given the seat , we have the talented youngsters here , they need to be given the experience and the opportunity . It is outrageous that we as a group support PMA, yet we have no american supported drivers apart from patrick long .
I'm sure a Pat long /scott speed combo for eg. or many of the other talented kids who never made the redbull program to F1 could get on with it if given the opportunity. at least one american car , of course i would like them to run without the usual interference by PMA in favoring their German drivers or team

Think back to the 80's , where we had americans racing at all levels of the sport , for eg. IMSA , when was the last time an american driver won at sebring ?
As a group via PCA i'm sure something could be applied here , porsche has 2 p2 cars , one should be the american car ....less get on with it ..it is for this reason of diversity why i support grandam , ugly cars and all , IT MAKES MORE SENSE !!!!

Last edited by A.Wayne; 12-04-2006 at 02:36 AM.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:26 PM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

Received 67 Likes on 17 Posts

Let me sat a couple things straight here.
1) Nobody 'accused' Leh of having a cheater car.
2) I am quite well aware of the impact of exit speed.
3) I do not race against Leh - I am not the person I am speaking of. Nor do I claim that that person's claims are absolutely true. (I race a Cup car)
4) My original statement still stands - You cannot compare Leh to Bill Auberlen on the basis of PCA video or record vs Pro Racing video or record.

1. i have a GTA car.... but im there to win overall.... i could have 3 royles royce jet engines and i woulndt consider it a cheater car.... being a little more real.. i could have a DP motor.. and would be GTA still.. i beleive... so i still woulndt be "cheating"

2. ok

3. ok

4. incar is incar... is doenst matter if its a pro race or a am race.. or a DE... what the driver is doing in the car.. to make what the car is doing.. is happening.... so you can DEFINATLY compair vids....

Quick Reply: Bill Auberlen: first lap at Road Atlanta