Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my street rears are michelin pilot sport 285/30/18
Old 09-16-2006, 12:31 PM
dave morris
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by smankow
my first and last dealing

Out of curiosity, where do you now have your car serviced?
Old 09-16-2006, 12:37 PM
smankow
Pro

my car is still under a CPO warranty, so Holbert's does my basic repairs, inspections, etc. I do minor things such as oil changes, brakes, rotors, etc.

As for track things, I've used AWE Tuning in Willow Grove (near my house). They are a great group of guys that are familiar with DE improvements. If other work was needed, I'd most likely go to Dougherty in West Chester. They have been helpful to many of us at the DE events and tech inspections. They cleared an air bag light for me last weekend without question or problem.

I guess we're spoiled in this area. We have several top quality shops to chose from. I agree with an earlier post that each shop has pro/cons but that should be expected.

Steve
Old 09-16-2006, 02:13 PM
TwentySix
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MJR911
What is your "husband's shop?" Eh, nevermind..
I haven't mentioned the name of "my husband's shop"(MHS) because I am new to posting here, I am not a Rennlist member yet, and MHS is not a registered vendor on this site. I am not here to be an interface/laision for MHS, or to generate business. I'm here because I love to drive and am recently back to DE after taking 3 years off due to the birth of our son. When I read your blanket statement that Peformance Automotive is the only shop in the area that can handle the newer P-cars, and that the other shops merely take the cars to the dealer for that work, I knew that it wasn't true, and it was a disservice to other independant shops in the Philly area, so I felt compelled to answer.
The old Bosch 'hammer' tool and others are NOT the latest diagnostic tools. Can't get into anything later than a 964!!
I'm not talking about the bosch hammer, which interfaces with cars up to and including the 1995 993's (non-OBDII).
My only point was that this guy with a 997 would probably like to take his new car to a place that can fully support the newer models
MHS is capable of handling up to and including the 997's using Durametric laptop driven software to access and clear fault codes on '96 and up cars.
The fact that neither your husbands' nor Perf Auto are on here joining this pissing match says it all to me... they're working hard and letting their work speak for itself. Time for a cold beer
Ahhh! Something we agree on but this is no pissing match. You are messing with people's livelihoods because of what you had inferred.
I know Chris personally and have gone wheel to wheel with him many times....snip.....PS. Congrats on lurking
Congrat's on knowing Chris _personally_ He's a longtime friend of ours, I'll have to ask him about your wheel to wheel adventures together on Tuesday when we take our kids to ride the trains in Lancaster... Funny, but another SSM driver, Dave W (another close friend) says you're a pretty quiet guy in person...go figure

Last edited by elizabeth26; 11-16-2006 at 11:55 AM.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:29 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

I have been very well treated by Brandywine Porsche's service department on a bit of warranty work. I recommend them highly. I have also had good experiences with Mike Tillson Motor Cars for DE inspection and brake fluid flushes and Performance Automotive for alignment and corner balance.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:49 AM
Brian_77_3.6
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have used Performance over the years and have no issues with their service but I do butt heads personality wise with one of the owners and no longer find it comfortable to do business with them. I have been using Dougherty's for some time now and find them extremely accomidating and when something breaks they have never failed to get me back together before the next DE. (old car breaks a lot). Also commend them for the amount of tech and track side support they give our region even for many people who are not currently their clients.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:59 AM
944CS
Drifting

[QUOTE=MJR911] Again, I will bet my spec miata OR our cup car that NO shop other than Perf Auto or the area dealers have the Porsche brand diagnostic tool.
QUOTE]

so which notary can we meet up at? and what color is my new car going to be?

After the stories I've heard and the cars I have seen 1st hand that Perf. Automotive have destroyed, I wouldn't let them near my car.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:12 AM
MJR911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Elizabeth, I am catching up on this on Monday morning and understand why you reacted so strongly. Dave and Chris are both great guys, so i'm sure we'd get along in the same manner. My only point was about the Porsche diagnotsic tool, but I guess there are muliple ways to skin a cat and thus multiple shops to service customers around the area.

I was doing a fair amount of DE but now can't get enough of the SM racing and some PCA races with my Pop. Come try SM RACING... the thrills just can't be matched in DE. To each their own.

944CS... WHO ARE YOU?! Go back and read carefully and you'll see that still no indep shop can rightfully claim having the Porsche diagnostic tools. I'll meet you at a notary, I just doubt it'll be to sign a car over to you.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:17 AM
hailwood
Instructor

i do not think i have seen their name up here yet, but i i lived down in the Philly Area ( i used to live in Yardley) i would go to TPC Racing down in MD. i guess it depends what you are looking to have done but for anything i need that would be the place.

Tom Chan helps me out immensely. i guess it is reciprocal because of his need for good ducati service and advice!

check them out. they win a lot of races which is always a good indication of the work done. they have proof their stuff works.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:59 AM
ZBlue996Kam
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's not get personal in which shop is good or bad.

We all enjoy our ride(s) and I'm sure each of us has different experience with different shops.

They are all good in certain areas.

We should stop bashing each other for little thing like this.

Let's talk cars!

Kam
Old 09-18-2006, 06:44 PM
944CS
Drifting

MJF911
if you say no independent shop can have them then how does perf. automotive have them?
Old 09-18-2006, 08:34 PM
cr207
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

i didn't know this tread would cause so much tension.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:39 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

City of brotherly love, baby!
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 09-18-2006, 09:40 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
City of brotherly love, baby!

Good luck at Daytona Larry, still need to catch up at Bridgettes!

Quick Reply: porsche shop near philly???