Sponsored by:

1:35 at Road Atlanta GT2 GT700 Street Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 04:40 PM
cgmeredithjr
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Cool! Can't wait to see it. I guess that it won't be you behind the wheel though.
W'ell see about that, I'll be receiving some personal instruction from Nic at RA in the near future. Maybe it will be my alter ego in the driver's seat: Cleve "I wish I could drive like Larry Herman" Meredith.

Cleve
Old 09-08-2006, 04:53 PM
cgmeredithjr
Banned

Originally Posted by 38D
I am glad I could be of service and sitr the pot on this one.

Cleve: Terry Heath ran a 1:38.0 in a D stock 930. That's a 2800lbs and 300hp, and lots of turbo lag. I's a street car, not a stripped race car. It has an interior, a radio and the AC still in the car. You, with +400hp are a whopping 2 seconds faster. That my friend is not good.

And btw, it would not take a pro to turn sub 1:30 in your car. The guy you seem to like to taunt (rsrracer...aka Chris) could do that in his sleep. As could at least 2 dozen other posters here.

Your car is very fast, and you should be happy to own such a nice & cool car. Stephen at IA does great work. I certainly wish I had a car like that.

And Cleve, if ColorChange is agreeing with you, you know you are wrong .

That would be about as fair as watching Paris Hilton trying to wrestle Andre the Giant. I watched you and Spencer battle at Road America in the sprint. You guys just drove away from everyone else. It was awesome to watch.

First of all, I'm just curious, are those your **** bouncing in the left hand corner of my screen?

Second, I would love to see anyone but a Pro turn a sub 1:30 in my car without killing themselves. Your statement shows your complete ignorance as to how fast a sub 1:30 lap is at Road Atlanta, in any car, especially a STREET car.

Third, Taunting Chris? He got his panties in a wad when the first video was aired showing me passing Cup cars...gimme a break.

Cleve
Old 09-08-2006, 04:55 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cgmeredithjr
Cleve "I wish I could drive like Larry Herman" Meredith.
Not a bad goal really! Something tells me I'd love to drive like Larry too!
Old 09-08-2006, 04:58 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

W'ell see about that, I'll be receiving some personal instruction from Nic at RA in the near future. Maybe it will be my alter ego in the driver's seat: Cleve "I wish I could drive like Larry Herman" Meredith.

Cleve
Touché. Instruction from pros who can communicate is invaluable. BTW, if you can drive like me, you'd still want instruction, because I always feel that there is more speed to be had. <={note humility overriding ego for the moment, have put panties on straight now}
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 09-08-2006, 05:14 PM
krC2S
Racer

guys take it easy on him he has too much power!

cleve take it easy maan..you are saying people here are uptight but you should lighten up too!

honestly you may find yourself faster if you detune that turbo its too much power
to handel IMO..enjoy it though
Old 09-08-2006, 05:16 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

criticism is useful. You can do something with criticism . . . even when it was not delivered with good intentions.

praise is meaningless. It doesn't really change a thing.

In the end, all that really matters is that you are having a good time. When you post a lap time, though, it seems like you are begging for comparisons. Why else post it?
Old 09-08-2006, 05:19 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,579 Likes on 825 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Touché. Instruction from pros who can communicate is invaluable. BTW, if you can drive like me, you'd still want instruction, because I always feel that there is more speed to be had. <={note humility overriding ego for the moment, have put panties on straight now}

LMAO...I agree totally. Top tier instruction is extremely valuable, and I too always know there is more speed to be had in my own driving.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:28 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Cleve's vid is OK, I can see how it might rub a few folks the wrong way though, I think he does a really nice job driving. I remember Dave Murry turning 1:35-7's a few years back in a showroom stock c2 996 PDE car just to put it in perspective. Apples and oranges.
I love on 6bling the posts about a 800hpTT street monster that barely runs in the high ten's at the dragstrip, and they all pat themselves on the back. When in reality 10k spent on a '69 Nova will do the same thing. It's all apples and oranges.
Nice vids though guys!
Old 09-08-2006, 05:38 PM
cgmeredithjr
Banned

Thank you for comparing my STREET car (daily driven, licensed, insured, A/C, full interior) to pure RACE cars. I'm the first one to admit that I have a lot to learn and more seat time in this car will bring down my times. Nic Jonsson could get this STREET car into the high 20's.

Cleve

P.S. What times do you run at Road Alanta?
Uh, Larry are you not reading my posts completely? Since this thread started, I have been saying that I am an amateur and have a lot to learn (humility)...must be selective reading.

Cleve
Old 09-08-2006, 05:59 PM
gbaker
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by C4S Surgeon
...I remember Dave Murry turning 1:35-7's a few years back in a showroom stock c2 996 PDE car just to put it in perspective....
Heh, heh, I remember that--from the right seat. Man, I thought I knew something about driving.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:03 PM
gbaker
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Rassel
P.S I strongly suggest we end this thread, since it will lead nowhere and people made their points anyway. If not, please head on to Off-Topic, there you can aim for the ***** instantly
Agreed. Let's switch to head and neck restraints.

Everyone have a great weekend!
Old 09-08-2006, 06:11 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 798 Likes on 404 Posts

First of all, I'm just curious, are those your **** bouncing in the left hand corner of my screen?
If those were my jugs, my arm would be far too sore to be typing/posting on this site.

Second, I would love to see anyone but a Pro turn a sub 1:30 in my car without killing themselves. Your statement shows your complete ignorance as to how fast a sub 1:30 lap is at Road Atlanta, in any car, especially a STREET car.
Sub 1:30 means nothing without knowing what the car is. Is a sub 1:30 fast in a 917/30? How about in a modern F1 car? Your car has a lot of hp, so the bar is higher. Sub 1:30 is fast, but possible. 1:32s should be easy.

Third, Taunting Chris? He got his panties in a wad when the first video was aired showing me passing Cup cars...gimme a break.
IMHO, the only reason that Chris posted was you said that you were "passing cups". Well his point was that only a poorly driven cup would be doing 1:36s. I've passed a Spice GTP and a couple of Indy Lites cars car in my '91 turbo...does that make me great? Heck no, it just means the other guys sucked quite badly.

Btw, your post on 6speed does not come across as egotiscal at all. You should have stuck with that text.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:19 PM
cgmeredithjr
Banned

Originally Posted by 38D
If those were my jugs, my arm would be far too sore to be typing/posting on this site.

Sub 1:30 means nothing without knowing what the car is. Is a sub 1:30 fast in a 917/30? How about in a modern F1 car? Your car has a lot of hp, so the bar is higher. Sub 1:30 is fast, but possible. 1:32s should be easy.

What were your times at Road Atlanta? What car?

IMHO, the only reason that Chris posted was you said that you were "passing cups". Well his point was that only a poorly driven cup would be doing 1:36s. I've passed a Spice GTP and a couple of Indy Lites cars car in my '91 turbo...does that make me great? Heck no, it just means the other guys sucked quite badly.

From the very beginning I stated that we were all amateurs at a DE for chrissake...put pros in the cars being passed and my car, same thing might happen, just quicker.

Btw, your post on 6speed does not come across as egotiscal at all. You should have stuck with that text.
Maybe that has something to do with the responses on this thread and a couple of others on Rennlist.

Love,
Cleve
Old 09-08-2006, 06:58 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 94 Posts

I have two questions.

1. Am I Andre or Paris?

2. Cleve are you wanting to do something at road ATL? On a friendly basis...
Old 09-08-2006, 08:07 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

I see that good ole Cleve got himself banned due to his antics on the GT3 forum. I am amazed by how people have to be insulting and denigrating when they find that their opinions or their talent is not so special after all.

Here to all you good guys on Rennlist.

Quick Reply: 1:35 at Road Atlanta GT2 GT700 Street Car