Sponsored by:

1:35 at Road Atlanta GT2 GT700 Street Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 02:48 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cgmeredithjr
The way most responded on this thread you would think that the title was: "My car is faster than anything else on the planet around Road Atlanta".

Cleve

That is EXACTLY how I saw this tread from the title. I am sure I was not the only one.

Old 09-08-2006, 03:11 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The way most responded on this thread you would think that the title was: "My car is faster than anything else on the planet around Road Atlanta".

Cleve
Originally Posted by M758
That is EXACTLY how I saw this tread from the title. I am sure I was not the only one.

Cleve, some of us have extended the olive branch that you apparently aren't willing to take so.......I'm certain that is exactly what you meant. All one has to do is check out your attitude on 6speedonline. You thought that you'd be a badass and post your spectacular time, and now you're surprised that we called you on it. Go cry to the wannabe's about what a bunch of ****** we are.

And I resent you calling us A-Holes. No one here childishly called you any names.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 09-08-2006, 03:23 PM
tar6day
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just want to see Chris (aka RSR racer) race both cars and take both home!! I have been in the car w/ Chris, PCA DE, and we were passing Cup Cars all day in his street 996TT. Not once did he bragg about how good he was or post videos proclaiming his greatness. Drive your car and learn from guys that can drive in the corners (ie RSR racer).
Old 09-08-2006, 03:32 PM
cgmeredithjr
Banned

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Cleve, some of us have extended the olive branch that you apparently aren't willing to take so.......I'm certain that is exactly what you meant. All one has to do is check out your attitude on 6speedonline. You thought that you'd be a badass and post your spectacular time, and now you're surprised that we called you on it. Go cry to the wannabe's about what a bunch of ****** we are.

And I resent you calling us A-Holes. No one here childishly called you any names.
Extend the olive branch? Are you kidding me? You guys really crack me up! Should I use the secret knock the next time I want to add a post in this Exclusive Professional Driver's Club. I didn't realize "6Speeders" weren't allowed on this side of the tracks...excuuuuse me. Surprised that you called me on what? I simply posted a video and the flaming began. I'm starting to think all you guys with dedicated race cars are pissed that a street car driven by an amateur is just as fast or faster. Talk about thin skin, don't get your panties in such a wad Larry.

Cleve "The Badass" Meredith
Old 09-08-2006, 03:36 PM
Mike Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tar6day
I just want to see Chris (aka RSR racer) race both cars and take both home!! I have been in the car w/ Chris, PCA DE, and we were passing Cup Cars all day in his street 996TT. Not once did he bragg about how good he was or post videos proclaiming his greatness. Drive your car and learn from guys that can drive in the corners (ie RSR racer).
I have ridden with Chris too. Couldn't help but chuckle at the 6blingonline thread bashing of him. If they only knew! lol
Old 09-08-2006, 03:40 PM
cgmeredithjr
Banned

Originally Posted by tar6day
A. When did I brag?

B. When did I proclaim greatness?

C. When was the last time you were in the car with me?

Cleve
Old 09-08-2006, 03:42 PM
cgmeredithjr
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike Buck
I have ridden with Chris too. Couldn't help but chuckle at the 6blingonline thread bashing of him. If they only knew! lol
Uh Oh, this Chris guy must be Pro.

Cleve
Old 09-08-2006, 03:48 PM
M758
Race Director

Cleve,
I don't see why you are getting so pissed off.

You clearly are aware of how we saw you original post.

Cleve
When new folks come in proclaim that (or at least appear to) they will get slammed. There way too many really good drivers here to listen to apparent crap like that. Like I said ealier we are impressed by real driving skill not by lap times. Now it is not completely clear to me what the intent was with your original post, but you know how many of us understood it. If that is not what was intented then fine end of story. If it secretly was... well you probably won't like it here much.

Please do hang around however as there is MUCH to learn here and once your check your ego at the door. I race in low hp spec series and see guys come in all the time with what they thing really good skills, and they maybe in DE land. Well 2-3 sessions with the other spec racers usally gets them pretty pissed off as they are stuggling to stay 2-3 seconds slower that fast guys. If they just get pissed off and think everyone faster is cheating they don't last long. If the realize they are not as fast then they can begin to have fun and then learn to faster driver. This place is like that in many ways. We really are good group of guys really willing to help.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:51 PM
Rassel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Everybody is wound way to tight on this board. Yeah, I was proud of my time, I had never been around Road Atlanta that fast and was really happy to break into the mid 1:30s...I'm an amateur and will be the first to admit that, so what, who cares. The way most responded on this thread you would think that the title was: "My car is faster than anything else on the planet around Road Atlanta".

Cleve
Hey Cleve!

First, that's a wicked car you have!
Second, I'd probably kill myself in it in less than 200 laps..

Seems something got of the wrong foot here. Rennlist is still mostly a friendly board. I can understand if you're not too happy with the development of the thread. Since we're on the 'net, it's easy to pull wrong conclussions from the written word and I'm sure this is just one of those cases. I hope you don't see Rennlist and P-owners as lemons because of this. As usual, there is always someone quicker. A friend got beaten in his GT3 (he's also a good driver) by some old guy in a unprepped C4S this summer. Turned out the oldie was a former national champ in rally.

I think your video was nice and I'm happy to see that you bring the car to the track and that you where satisfied with your time. High HP cars are not that easy to drive!

Good Luck and don't forget to try to improve the time!

Ciao

P.S I strongly suggest we end this thread, since it will lead nowhere and people made their points anyway. If not, please head on to Off-Topic, there you can aim for the ***** instantly
Old 09-08-2006, 03:58 PM
M758
Race Director

Originally Posted by Rassel
... A friend got beaten in his GT3 (he's also a good driver) by some old guy in a unprepped C4S this summer. Turned out the oldie was a former national champ in rally.
I have to relay a similar story. Here in Az we have a nice old man who autocrosses a stock 968. I have seen plenty of young punks in 944 Turbos show up and think "Who is that 90+ year old, hand shaking- old fart." Well the laugh is them when creams their times. Then hopes out of the car and will a little shake in the arms says "That was a pretty good run, but I could have gone faster!"

Fastest old guy I have every seen!

BTW... about 8 years ago I was one of those young 951 punks that routinely got his clock cleaned.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:04 PM
cgmeredithjr
Banned

Originally Posted by M758
Cleve,
I don't see why you are getting so pissed off.

You clearly are aware of how we saw you original post.

When new folks come in proclaim that (or at least appear to) they will get slammed. There way too many really good drivers here to listen to apparent crap like that. Like I said ealier we are impressed by real driving skill not by lap times. Now it is not completely clear to me what the intent was with your original post, but you know how many of us understood it. If that is not what was intented then fine end of story. If it secretly was... well you probably won't like it here much.

Please do hang around however as there is MUCH to learn here and once your check your ego at the door. I race in low hp spec series and see guys come in all the time with what they thing really good skills, and they maybe in DE land. Well 2-3 sessions with the other spec racers usally gets them pretty pissed off as they are stuggling to stay 2-3 seconds slower that fast guys. If they just get pissed off and think everyone faster is cheating they don't last long. If the realize they are not as fast then they can begin to have fun and then learn to faster driver. This place is like that in many ways. We really are good group of guys really willing to help.

Pissed off? Hardly. About to **** in my pants cause I'm laughing so hard at everyone's "Better Than Thou" attitude...absolutely!

I forgot to mention that I am a former SCCA National Road Racing License holder and Southeastern Region National Points Champion in a GT2 class Datsun 240Z, so I do have a little experience. Like I said before, just an amateur, and always learning.

The line I'm running is Nic Jonsson's albeit he runs it much faster.

Cleve
Old 09-08-2006, 04:09 PM
cgmeredithjr
Banned

Originally Posted by Rassel
Hey Cleve!

First, that's a wicked car you have!
Second, I'd probably kill myself in it in less than 200 laps..

Seems something got of the wrong foot here. Rennlist is still mostly a friendly board. I can understand if you're not too happy with the development of the thread. Since we're on the 'net, it's easy to pull wrong conclussions from the written word and I'm sure this is just one of those cases. I hope you don't see Rennlist and P-owners as lemons because of this. As usual, there is always someone quicker. A friend got beaten in his GT3 (he's also a good driver) by some old guy in a unprepped C4S this summer. Turned out the oldie was a former national champ in rally.

I think your video was nice and I'm happy to see that you bring the car to the track and that you where satisfied with your time. High HP cars are not that easy to drive!

Good Luck and don't forget to try to improve the time!

Ciao

P.S I strongly suggest we end this thread, since it will lead nowhere and people made their points anyway. If not, please head on to Off-Topic, there you can aim for the ***** instantly

Thanks for the kind words and good idea.

Next time I post a video of this car at Road Atlanta, I'll make sure it's a 1:28-1:30 lap...how's that my bitches?

Cleve
Old 09-08-2006, 04:21 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Next time I post a video of this car at Road Atlanta, I'll make sure it's a 1:28-1:30 lap...
Cool! Can't wait to see it. I guess that it won't be you behind the wheel though.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:30 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 798 Likes on 404 Posts

I am glad I could be of service and sitr the pot on this one.

Cleve: Terry Heath ran a 1:38.0 in a D stock 930. That's a 2800lbs and 300hp, and lots of turbo lag. I's a street car, not a stripped race car. It has an interior, a radio and the AC still in the car. You, with +400hp are a whopping 2 seconds faster. That my friend is not good.

And btw, it would not take a pro to turn sub 1:30 in your car. The guy you seem to like to taunt (rsrracer...aka Chris) could do that in his sleep. As could at least 2 dozen other posters here.

Your car is very fast, and you should be happy to own such a nice & cool car. Stephen at IA does great work. I certainly wish I had a car like that.

And Cleve, if ColorChange is agreeing with you, you know you are wrong .

Originally Posted by RSRRacer
My offer is still open. Meet me at a Kinetic track day!
That would be about as fair as watching Paris Hilton trying to wrestle Andre the Giant. I watched you and Spencer battle at Road America in the sprint. You guys just drove away from everyone else. It was awesome to watch.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:33 PM
M758
Race Director

Originally Posted by 38D
And Cleve, if ColorChange is agreeing with you, you know you are wrong .

Quick Reply: 1:35 at Road Atlanta GT2 GT700 Street Car