Sponsored by:

shopping, need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 09:58 PM
soldmystang
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bruinbro
Nope, a buddy of mine is doing it with help from others. Don't expect it done in 06, but definitely by spring 07. Would be a nice Christmas present, though.

Bro

shheeesh, hijack a thread wouldya. just kidding bro. good luck with the rebuild.

alright, so i will continue to look. appreciate the feedback. so what is the difference between a Carrera S & a Carrera 2 S ?

the guy that does my E36 work keeps saying "always build with a race class in mind" what should i be building toward?
Old 08-27-2006, 10:03 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,675 Likes on 2,333 Posts

Originally Posted by soldmystang
shheeesh, hijack a thread wouldya. just kidding bro. good luck with the rebuild.

alright, so i will continue to look. appreciate the feedback. so what is the difference between a Carrera S & a Carrera 2 S ?

the guy that does my E36 work keeps saying "always build with a race class in mind" what should i be building toward?
carerra s = carerra 2s = cs = c2s = 3.8L (997)
carerra = 3.6 liters (997)
as differentiated with carerra 4s = c4s = AWD.
carerra 4 = c4 3.6L
all these nomenclature applies to 993, 996 as well, but all those are 3.6L. if you ask more specific Q's, i'll answer. but it's very hard to explain all the nomenclatures b/n 993 996 997 how they are similar/different.

E36? do IP class. everyting else you have to spend big dollar.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:39 PM
soldmystang
Advanced

thanks mooty, the E36 is going away. it would have been closer to J stock i think.

i intend to replace it with a 996 or 997 i gather. i assume stock classing is similarly structured.

i seriously doubt club racing is in my future but again "build to some class" is what has been ingrained into my pysche.

i appreciate the feedback, i don't want to become a pain in the ***, but i don't know ****e about Porsches'.

looking for a track mannered stock 911. model year 2000 or better, due to electronic (PASM) gadgetry. this only because i have read the boogie man is less likely to F- me up if i get in over my head with this option onboard.

and like any newb (moron), i will be visting my local Porsche dealer to see what i can learn. thanks for the help.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:36 AM
bruinbro
Pro

Just for giggles, take a look at the Spec Boxster series.

Spec Boxster Series

Bro
Old 08-28-2006, 07:46 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bruinbro
Just for giggles, take a look at the Spec Boxster series.

Spec Boxster Series

Bro
That's a good idea. I hope it catches on with PCA.

Quick Reply: shopping, need opinions