Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race camera

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 10:09 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

I just pushed the button on these, thank you Chris. Darn grad filter cost almost as much as the lens! Quick note, the Raynox comes with adapters for several size DV lenses (mine is 30.5mm) -
"5-adapter rings are included for 27mm/ 30mm/30.5mm/ 37mm/ 43mm filter size Camcorders."

Oh, and my wife thanks you too!
Old 06-30-2006, 10:48 AM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Uh oh!

I'm in trouble enough with my wife already - something to do with expensive cameras and an even more expensive lens...

Can't see what she's complaining about

Post up some videos online when you're all up and running, we all want to see what you get up too, and critisize your lines through the twisties!

Chris.

Old 07-01-2006, 08:21 PM
kary993
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed the chase PDR100 with a Sony bullet camera. Total cost was $375 for the digital solid state recorder and anoth $250 for thebullet camera and another $50 for a rollbar mount. Not bad for a complete digital set up with out any mechanical devices to break! The PDR100 uses compact flash cards and write the video to the CFC in MPEG-2 native. The device records at various resolutions but average is 2GB's per hour. The device has battery power, hardwire option, or cigarette lighter option for power. PDR100 supplies power to the bullet camera and has a nice LCD display on top to go through menus when configuration is needed.

All and all the device is very nice. I am still working out the sound as it is built in and some of the wind noise affects tit. There is also a plug fo rthe xternal mic which maybe what I need. More testing will tell the tale.

I think this is far better than beating up your mechanical video cameras, particularly in race cars.
Old 07-01-2006, 08:45 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

What program do you use on a PC to edit im MPEG-2?
Old 07-01-2006, 10:15 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kary you dog! I'm still waiting for my ChaseCam PDR and the box to do PIP. I'm going to have to call and see where it is, it was supposed to ship early last week (I only ordered it on Jan 30).

[Edit] Chris: I don't know about Windows, but on a Mac you can use Quicktime Pro to convert the MPEG2 file into DV format and then edit the DV file.

Last edited by Tom W; 07-02-2006 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:29 PM
kary993
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom W
Kary you dog! I'm still waiting for my ChaseCam PDR and the box to do PIP. I'm going to have to call and see where it is, it was supposed to ship early last week (I only ordered it on Jan 30).

[Edit] Chris: I don't know about Windows, but on a Mac you can use Quicktime Pro to convert the MPEG2 file into DV format and then edit the DV file.
Tom,

I just got it last week. It is a nice unit. I only bought the single camera set up and wanted to use it more to decide if I want a dual camera set up. One thing I noticed which would be the same for any video set up is that my G2X in car display being an LED display flickers and the camera picks it up. Not able to see that with the human eye but the camera picks it up.

I like the solid state nature of this as I do not have to worry about mechanic camera and destroying expensive video cameras.

Since I sell the G2X data acquisition system I am working directly with Racepak on integration of the video into the Racepak Datalink II software so you can see all your data and the video sync'ed at the same time. Nice addition to the already useful data analysis software package. If you are interested in knowing more about the G2X let me know. I can't go on the track any longer without it. Love the segmentation of the track and overall analysis capabilities. Add the video into it and you have more then enough which is just about right
Old 07-04-2006, 11:48 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Bummer... Tiffen Lens filter came today UPS and so did the email from Adorama Camera (Amazon link given earlier) ...
"Item Number RXHD5000 - SELL RXHD500537 DE ANGLE LENS 27-43MM

We are sorry to inform you that although our computer showed this item in stock at the time of purchase, We oversold on this item and we do not have any in stock to fill your order at this time.
Unfortuantly this item is now discontinued from the Mfr. and we will be unable to fill your order Therefore, we are cancelling your backorder. We invite you to visit our web site where we might offer other choices which suit your needs.

Please accept our apology for this inconvenience."

I just ordered it again from Bugeye, THEY are out, they sent me here - http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-RAYNOX-HD-50...QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by Gary R.; 07-04-2006 at 05:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Race camera