Sponsored by:

DE Cost..

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006 | 11:11 AM
ed devinney
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vaio76109
Actually, I did the math once and decided it cost me about $2/minute of track time
Wow, that's an interesting perspective - instead of burning $100 bills I could be calling 900 numbers instead!
Old 04-28-2006 | 11:33 AM
Z-man
Race Director

When I attended my first DE event, I had an interesting discussion with a veteran DE'er.

His comments were along the lines of: "And our wives/girlfriends don't mind us doing this stuff. We're so exhausted by the end of the day, that we don't have the energy to cat around with anyone at the local bars. And besides that, we dump so much $$ into our cars and our hobby, that even if we DID have the energy to go out to the bars, we don't have the $$ to afford it!"

At $2.00/minute of track time, that is certainly true...

AND, along those same lines: I have an agreement with my wife - some of you have heard this before - whenever I go to a track event, she gets a spa treatment. Facial, massage, pedicure - pretty much whatever she wants. If she wants to go shopping - no problem. All of that makes her happy, and even if she went hog wild in her spending, she STILL couldn't out spend my track costs!

-Z-man.
Old 04-28-2006 | 12:31 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Yeah but you can look at anything that way. I think about how much more money I'd have if I would have if I had rented a wife and kids for the weekends instead of......well you know.
LOL!

I am slowly gathering enough greasy metal bits to make a real car and will DE and race with it. The above issue is the limiting factor for now. I do get some enjoyment from instructing when I have a good student and have had a long string of good ones.

Quick Reply: DE Cost..