Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wich racing seat with a delicate back ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006 | 03:09 AM
boqueron
Pro

Default Wich racing seat with a delicate back ?

Again the same question: Which is, in your opinion the most "comfortable" seat for a 6 feet, 150 pounds driver with an herniated disk? Happy new owner of a GT3 , this year I will hopelly do about 12 DE's. I NEED a bucket seat and, that's the problem, I am also the happy owner of a pair of herniated disks...

I have done many searchs and found various candidates which, of course, have been recommended by people with normal backs...

My main choice would be the expensive GT3 seats but I wonder if there are more comfortable ones.

Could you please help me ?
Old 04-05-2006 | 03:27 AM
bruinbro
Pro

I'm not as svelte as you are (5'10", 210 lb) but also share a couple of crushed discs. My girth dictated a wider seat than most, but I am extremely happy with my Sparco Evo2's. So much so , I use them as my daily driving seats (I was planning on switching back to the full power, full leather seats for daily driving). Just one person's opinion...

Bro
Old 04-05-2006 | 07:37 AM
dgz924s
Three Wheelin'

Just a thought to consider. I cannot say what seat to use but I hurt my back this past week and my neck is a mess as well as the lower back. The Doctor advised me to get a good neck brace(Hans) I assume, to keep my neck in line. He said if my neck gets out of line my lower back can suffer so he advised a brace to help keep the lower in line.

My seat is an OMP and I am 5-9 and even less than 150 lbs. I use a lumbar cushion and it seems to help keep me comfortable. I would ask your Doctor as to the best ANGLE to sit at when seeking the seat, they do come in different seatback angles.

Dal
Old 04-05-2006 | 09:33 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

I'm 5' 7" & 180 lbs, have herniated disk I have Sparco Evo (narrower than Evo2) bolted to the floor in my car. I think GT3 seats feel about the same but I haven't tried them for long trip.

At track or when driving to it (trip to Sebring is about 2.5 hours) I find it very good and comfortable, basically better than stock sport seats what I had before.

And my car otherwise isn't exactly the most comfortable as far as the suspension, noise etc. goes.
Old 04-05-2006 | 11:20 AM
dgz924s
Three Wheelin'

Addition....Just returned from the Dr and he suggests a seat that is more upright and pushing the lumbar area forward.
Dal

Quick Reply: Wich racing seat with a delicate back ?