3.2 Carrera race setup questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Lefty's Deceiver
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 3.2 Carrera race setup questions

Can someone offer some advice on the following:

1. What headers and muffler to use? I'm hearing that open race exhaust is not beneficial on a stock motor because the mild cams require backpressure. I was thinking of Bursch headers with a sport muffler (Dansk or M&K).

2. Are the Elephant Racing camber plates and rear Camber-max legal in F-stock? I don't think they are slotted.

Thanks for the help!

Tristan
Old 04-04-2006, 08:45 PM
bgiere
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

for an exhaust i used SSI's and a Dansk Sport 2 in 1 out...my shop (Steinel's) opened the Dansk and removed some of the baffling....it really runs well...221 RWHP...i forget the torque figure....sound is nice,not obnoxious...this setup was the right one for the 3.2 in my car.

as far as the camber plates, i have no idea!
Old 04-05-2006, 11:54 AM
JCP911S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Alot of opinions of mufflers. Steve W recommends a Flowmaster 80. may try it as it is about $120 or so plus some connectors.

F-Stock you cannot alter factory suspension geometry. Any sort of aftermarket devices that allow you to increase camber will bump you up to E as a "prepared car", and scruts wil absolutely check for this stuff if you get impounded.

Budget permitting, I definately recommend the Elephant racing bronze bearing bushings... no noise, no binding... but pricey.

Quick Reply: 3.2 Carrera race setup questions