Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In-car 2:10 lap sebring video with data acq overlaid

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 08:01 PM
mrbill_fl
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

re: T17. I do believe the fast line is the deeper, outside line.

I just was more comfortable running the inside line, which is what it looks like norm is running. (I ran in IT-7, with the ITS, ITA, SSA, etc (big IT crowd)), so there was always traffic... (and maybe some rubbing) but, I did often pass faster cars in T17, with the inside line.

I think the write up I read was by wayne taylor, in scca (sportscar) mag. before they went to the magazine format, back then it was more like a newspaper, (like a Barrons), sometime after 1993... maybe someone knows someone who saved those. each month they ran a hot lap of a different track, and they were really good.

(I'm not convinced the wider exit to T10, is right for all cars, but I do use it, due to my carb situation (fuel starvation), but this is what I read, and it kinda makes sense. (turn more when the car is slowest)... just give it a try and see... it may not work for you.

for me, sebring was all about reference points. the asphalt strip (about) T1 turn in, the reflector on the curbing before the T13 (tower) turn in, the break in the concrete at T16 turn in, and the surface changes when it rains. (T7 safetypin) -which should not be a 48 hr / pca problem, but in the summer, rain was a given.)

good luck!
Old 01-26-2006, 08:32 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Norm, That is a great video. Can you post some other track laps? I will leave my car in the trailer save big $ and just watch your videos!

That is one impressive car and you pilot it well. Have a fun event at Sebring and again set a personal record lap.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:52 PM
Bill935K3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still too will be doing some changes/improvements in my Sebring driving & setup to get faster this year...
I figured that was coming.
Thanks for the Vid Norm, much better than WG with the camera location allowing a good sight line under the mirror. You know my feelings RE spool.
Thanks to all for all the tips posted, looks like I'd better study them and peddle like mad if I want to stay with Norm!!
BOY do I hope we have nice weather & safe weekend
Old 01-26-2006, 11:17 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill935K3
I figured that was coming.
Thanks for the Vid Norm, much better than WG with the camera location allowing a good sight line under the mirror. You know my feelings RE spool.
Thanks to all for all the tips posted, looks like I'd better study them and peddle like mad if I want to stay with Norm!!
BOY do I hope we have nice weather & safe weekend
Bill & Norm both, you guys are great fun to watch. Your cars are simply awesome. Keep up the rivalry!
Old 01-26-2006, 11:26 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Thanks Norm, I did get press !!!!!!!!

IMHO, car looks quite cool !
Old 01-27-2006, 08:11 AM
Bill935K3
Racer

Default pro driven 997Cup Sebring times ????

Anyone car to hazard a guess-timate? Here is some is some interesting data from this mornings scan of the racing news web sites
Daytona
In the GT class, the front row of the grid will be the two Tafel Racing Porsche GT3 Cup entries. Wolf Henzler has returned to the series again, and he will start from the class pole in the No. 72 entry after setting a fast time of 1:53.336. His teammate Andrew Davis, who had a time of 1:53.461, will start next to him in the No. 74 Porsche
Sebring (unfortunaly the story does not give any Porsche times
The other interesting development saw all seven GT2 cars break Timo Bernhard’s class qualifying record of 2:04.804 from 2004. Leading the way was Scott Maxwell in Multimatic Motorsports Team Panoz’s No. 50 Panoz Esperante GTLM with an astounding 2:02.585. The second best time of the day in GT2 came from Joey Hand in the No. 21 BMW Team PTG BMW3 at 2:03.335, a lap that still was 1.5 seconds better than the record.
2004 Sebring Keen did 2:08.9 GTA and Henzler 2:09.9 Cup04
I'm betting it takes 2:07 to make the front row what do yo'aall think?
Old 01-27-2006, 11:18 AM
ngoldrich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bill,

I am guessing very similar 2:06-2:07. It will take a good bit of work to get there, but I think it is definitely possible.

Norm
Old 02-08-2006, 01:02 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

Norm

Will you show me how to do that in the Turtle car?
I'd appreciate it.

See you Thursday or Friday...
Old 02-08-2006, 03:31 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Nice video. Any links to specs on your car? Very fast acceleration. Wow. What kind of transmission? Is it a dog box? Are you running a spool instead of a LSD because of power out put level? Seems like no rev matching down shift but doesn't appear to upset the car.

Any in car from Mid-Ohio?

Quick Reply: In-car 2:10 lap sebring video with data acq overlaid