Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PBOC Race & DE AT Homestead Dec 10-11

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005 | 11:23 AM
BluemaxxRacing
Racer

Default PBOC Race & DE AT Homestead Dec 10-11

Anyone planning to go to the PROC event at Homestead on Dec 10-11? If so, which group? Racing or DE??

See you there!
Old 11-26-2005 | 08:39 AM
gt3cup98
Racer

I will be there sharing the CUP Car with my son, Scary!
Look forward to seeing you!
Boyd
Old 11-26-2005 | 04:00 PM
Mike K.
Rennlist Member

I might be there. Trying to get into the Chin event at VIR on the same weekend but they are not responding( probably cus they're already full). I know the guys from Bartling Racing of Toronto will be there testing their 997 Grand Am Cup.
Old 11-26-2005 | 08:31 PM
BluemaxxRacing
Racer

Boyd,

Word on the "street" is that you are are back racing again? Any comment?
Old 11-27-2005 | 09:04 PM
Bill L Seifert
Three Wheelin'

Bluemaxx

Did your uncle ever find out what he wanted about Nashville area tracks? I've been in Daytona the last week, and I don't have email there.

Bill
Old 11-27-2005 | 10:53 PM
BluemaxxRacing
Racer

Bill,

Thanks for asking. He basically is looking to know which tracks are closest to him so that he can get involved in this "go fast crack pipe" of a sport
Old 11-28-2005 | 12:24 PM
Mike K.
Rennlist Member

I just signed up for this event in solo. Are there any noise restrictions at Homestead? Also, is there any safe place to store a 24' enclosed trailer with the car? Thanks
Old 11-28-2005 | 12:40 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

No noise restriction that I know of. NASCAR runs there and I am sure we aren't as loud.

I'll be there, of course.

When's the Cayman coming Boyd?
Old 11-28-2005 | 01:22 PM
Mike K.
Rennlist Member

That's good news. Suggestions on places to stay, close, cheap, clean. Don't know the Homestead area.
Old 11-28-2005 | 05:59 PM
Bill L Seifert
Three Wheelin'

There is a good inexpensive motel in Fla City on Hwy 1. It changes it's name so often, I can't keep up. It is next to the Burger King, and accross from the La Quinta. Both those motels have big parking lots, and I have seen race car trailers, and big boats in both. You go to the end of the turnpike, and go through the first light, (that is US 1) there is a Shell station, some other fast food restaurant, then Burger King, then that motel I am talking about. It would be hard to get a reservation because I cant remember the name. But you can probably get a reservation at the La Quinta, from the nationwide number.

There are a lot of motels at Fla City, because it is the last city, before you get to the Keys.

Bill Seifert

1987 944S Race Car
Old 11-28-2005 | 08:03 PM
BluemaxxRacing
Racer

Bill, the hotel you are referring to is the Comfort Inn. Most drivers stay at the Hampton Inn but it is definitely the most expensive around. On the other hand, it is the closest to the track.
Old 11-28-2005 | 10:03 PM
Bill L Seifert
Three Wheelin'

I don't think the one I am talking about is the Comfort Inn. I think that is down the road a little way. The one I am talking is an older motel, about 12 or 13 years ago it was called the Hurricane Andrew Motel, for obvious reasons. It changed after that, but I forgot the name. It has a Florida Visitors Bureau on the grounds, and is right next to the Burger King. I guess Comfort could have bought it, but when I was there this last summer, it was not a Comfort. You are right about the Hampton, it's real nice. I think all the motels there have big parking lots. I remember a couple of years ago, I stayed at La Quinta, and it had three trucks parked there, they each had 3 Richard Petty Driving Experience cars on their trailers. I have actually never been to the Homestead track, but the clerk at the La Quinta, said the road next to it leads to Homestead, though I never tried it to find out.

Actually it is now "low season" there so motels should be reasonable. The "high season" starts about December 23.

Wish I could go, but will probably be at Sebring, though just for the sprints and 1.5 hr races, not the 6 hours. I'm too old to see well at night, and I understand that the 6 hour is 2 hour day, and 4 hour night. Sebring is scarry enough in the daytime.

Bill
Old 11-29-2005 | 08:02 AM
gt3cup98
Racer

Rich:
Yes, I decided to keep the car and race it. The mistake was going to the IMSA race at Laguna Seca. I had the car sold for all the money to Orbit, they were going to race it at the 24hr and then Marcos was going to own it. I got excited being at that race and talked to Rodger with Orbit. He told me to keep the car and that I should consider haveing my son Chris drive it in the IMSA GT3 Cup Race at Sebring. Rodger had seen Chris race karts and figured if we can transfer his speed in the kart to the GT3 that we would have something. Kinda scary putting your 22 year old son in a very expensive car We have done three days of testing and Chris is getting faster slowly and has not done anything stupid. He seems to respect the car and the other drivers. I am off pace, I think I got spooked when I was rear ended at a NASA race at Sebring. Trying to get over it. Hopefully, Homestead will be better. I sucked at Sebring and was 10 seconds slower than my last time there. Need a shrink.
See you in Homestead.
Boyd
Old 11-29-2005 | 08:04 AM
gt3cup98
Racer

Mitch:
The Cayman is supposed to be here in January. I guess I will take delivary and play with the car and see how it goes. Kinda silly to have the CUP CAR and the Cayman. At least thats what my wife says.
See you in Homestead.
Boyd

Quick Reply: PBOC Race & DE AT Homestead Dec 10-11