Sponsored by:

incar from mexico city GA race this past weekend

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 01:09 AM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

Received 67 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill935K3
Interesting below is what a New GTO cost. Vs Leh's 2005 car' posted selling price.
Sorry to say this Leh but unless GM's finacial troubles make them pull in thier horns (iIe stop buying Ads on Frances's speed channel) Porsche is racing for 2nd in Grand Am next year
I got to look this car over at VIR, built by Pratt&Miller the builders of the AmLaMans Vetts. Nothing about it resembles a production car, Engine and everything else has been lowered and moved back at least 8"

A complete vehicle (excluding engine management and data system) will be offered to customer teams for $275,000 with a required spares package (suspension, body and driveline components) for an additional $100,000.
(Gee guys button up your shirt your hart is falling out, no enginge magnagement and data for 275K?? WTC)
Autometrics car for sale
2005 GT3 Cup, 3rd in 2005 Grand Am GT Championship
Available in Multiple Trim Packages $125,000 - $148,000

yuuup.... but we get 997s!

we will see. porsche always holds its own.. it somehow won the championship this year
Old 11-20-2005, 01:11 AM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by coryf
We finished 5th not 6th

oh dang just checked Grand-Ams site on that..

guess the results i saw on another site were wrong.. thats awsome..

yay
Old 11-20-2005, 12:29 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 65 Posts

Lee,

cool video!! How did that car compare to the RS you drove at Sebring?
Just noticed the stickers. thought it was the GS car, but it was the Cup car in rolex.

Are you going to drive that car when come out to Laguna this year?

Mk

Originally Posted by kingleh
havent ever seen incar of this track.. so i figured you guys would want to see this.. it is my qualifying lap.

http://www.gscdownloads.com/leh/LehMXcityKAK.wmv

[img][/img]

Last edited by mark kibort; 11-20-2005 at 01:16 PM.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:35 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 65 Posts

Sounds like Grand AM rolex is playing the speed GT car classing game! (see caddy, saleen, volvo, audi, etc etc) Funny, how the PTG BMW in SpeedGT was not even detuned for Rolex and given HUGE tires, and now competes with a stock Cup car in Rolex GT. (where in speedGT , the bmw and cup car competed well, but the cup car had the MOTORSPORT UPGRADED engine!!!)

Brian, Hope things are going well!

Mark

QUOTE=Bill935K3]Interesting below is what a New GTO cost. Vs Leh's 2005 car' posted selling price.
Sorry to say this Leh but unless GM's finacial troubles make them pull in thier horns (iIe stop buying Ads on Frances's speed channel) Porsche is racing for 2nd in Grand Am next year
I got to look this car over at VIR, built by Pratt&Miller the builders of the AmLaMans Vetts. Nothing about it resembles a production car, Engine and everything else has been lowered and moved back at least 8"

A complete vehicle (excluding engine management and data system) will be offered to customer teams for $275,000 with a required spares package (suspension, body and driveline components) for an additional $100,000.
(Gee guys button up your shirt your hart is falling out, no enginge magnagement and data for 275K?? WTC)
Autometrics car for sale
2005 GT3 Cup, 3rd in 2005 Grand Am GT Championship
Available in Multiple Trim Packages $125,000 - $148,000[/QUOTE]
Old 11-20-2005, 06:30 PM
Bill935K3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PHP Code:
yuuup.... but we get 997s
will Grand AM let you run as delivered RE ceramic bakes and sequential shifter??

What is the price for a full monty 997 Cup from the factory?
I know it will be a hell of a lot less than the Patt-Miller GTO!

I imagine TRG will be the 2006 "factory team" which gets the best new goodies
Old 11-20-2005, 08:14 PM
MJR911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bill, Do you mean TRG will be the factory team for Pontiac (already are) OR Porsche? I doubt you meant Porsche. Farnbacher had some pictures of a 997cup with Grand-Am decals, I too wonder the "specs" for GAGT.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:26 AM
Bill935K3
Racer

Hi Mitch
What I meant was that I expect TRG will again be factory for Pontiac.

What I suspect is Pratt/Miller-GM are fishing for a couple of high dollar privateers to help finance factory effort.
$275K + 100 for spares =375K for an opening ante in GT class? THEN they will have to install and dyno tune engine mangement system - install data sensors etc.

Kind of wierd a few years ago Grand Am started as more "grass roots" affordable deall aimed at privateers with limited factory involvement. The kind of start up numbers seen above were thier goal for the prototype division.
What would really make it interesting with all the 5L V-8s is if they would turn Porsche loose with 3.0-3.3 liter twin turbos!! Hell my old Bill Pfister built CIS 3.4 has DP power at 480 RWHP and 500 ft lbs of torque and was good for 60 hours running 1.2 BAR with VP C-12
Old 11-21-2005, 05:40 PM
Adam@Autometrics
Former Vendor

http://www.grandamerican.com/CONTENT...mode=bookmarks

The USA Version 997 Cup comes with ferrous brake discs. The cost is right around $140, which is the same as the car with the composite brakes, but the USA cars get a $9k spares package.

The Grand Am prep 2 concept was meant to allow low budget teams to build their own competitive cars (from any manufacturer) without spending the money of a factory effort, like the Horizon GTO's. GA adjusted the rules so that a prep 2 car could be competitive out of the box, and as a result, a prep 2 car built to the limit of the rules, like the Pratt and Miller and now Riley chassis are far superior to the production based cars. The cost reflects this, as $275k seems to be the magic number. Nearly double what a new GT3 Cup costs.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:52 PM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mark kibort
Lee,

cool video!! How did that car compare to the RS you drove at Sebring?
Just noticed the stickers. thought it was the GS car, but it was the Cup car in rolex.

Are you going to drive that car when come out to Laguna this year?

Mk

totaly dif machine... the GA car is set up for hoosiers so its very soft compaired to the RS along with brakes and tons of stuff.. pretty much everything.

next year at laguna i will be driving a 997 cup

Quick Reply: incar from mexico city GA race this past weekend