Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pimp my ride - please

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005 | 10:08 PM
brucegre
Banned

Default Pimp my ride - please

OK, have a look at my avatar. Put on sunglasses if you need them. This car was blue, with red headlights, until I had an unplanned meeting with some concrete in the spring. My crew decided to surprise me with the pink headlights and mirrors, and did they ever.

My first time down the front straight at Mosport with the new paint, my crew and a few others leaned over the wall to give me the limp wrist salute as I went by.

I won the final race in my first weekend back, and Inside Track described it this way:"fittingly, the final GT sprint was won by the prettiest car on the track, an immaculately prepared 996 Cup car with pink accents"

OK, of all the things I dreamed about in motorsports, having a pretty car with pink accents never entered into even the weirdest of them.

I'm thinking of something like rosso barchetta (the dark ferrari red) for the lights and mirrors, but here's your chance to pick the new color for the mirrors and headlights. Anything but pink.

I'm waiting with bated breath.

Bruce
Old 10-28-2005 | 10:12 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Gulf blue, much more manly..
Old 10-28-2005 | 10:20 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thay it aint tho, Bruthey!

Well ,the wild child in me would choose something like the car behind yours in the avatar. A more moderate but still highly noticeable shade would be something like a Petty/STP Blue. Still bright, but not as.. umm... ostentatious. I would put a wider stripe of it next to the black as well.

I must say there is definitely something to be said for having a car that is highly recongnizeable from the front from long distance. If you are doing pit stops, it is a lot easier for your crew to spot the car early! The Cup Car I did graphics for is HIGHLY recognizable from the side, but I never got to the front, so it is hard to pick up from the front.
Old 10-28-2005 | 10:36 PM
joseph mitro
Race Car

why are you stopping with the mirrors and lights? go all out and paint the entire car with a new scheme. i like yellow personally with a bold straightforward graphics scheme
Old 10-28-2005 | 10:48 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Just adopt a new motto: "More flaming than the damn GT1 exhaust"

Old 10-28-2005 | 11:17 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

By the way...

Tiina got me a "Tough Guys wear Pink" T-shirt. Are you in need of one?
Old 10-28-2005 | 11:40 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Racer, you bastard! Spilt my drink over that one!
Old 10-29-2005 | 11:56 AM
brucegre
Banned

John, you have to stop, you told me this would stay just between us fellows, and besides - what if Tina finds out?

OK, I kinda like the "more flaming than ..." idea, but I'm not sure I can admit that, rather than muscling the car around, I wrist it around very gently.

Oh yeah, as for the visibility, while it's nice for my crew, I'm not so sure I really want my competitors to see me coming from a mile away. Maybe I'll just paint the whole thing flat black.
Old 10-31-2005 | 10:28 AM
sjanes
Addict
Rennlist Member

Bruce, can't help with the color, but I did find the perfect harness pads for it:
Attached Images  

Last edited by sjanes; 10-31-2005 at 12:30 PM. Reason: add pic
Old 10-31-2005 | 08:15 PM
phils87951
Instructor

Bruce, I would put pictures of your crew on the headlights, surounded by the pink of course. payback is a b*tch.
Old 10-31-2005 | 09:50 PM
ed devinney
Addict
Rennlist Member

Think Pink! Paint the mirrors and headlights silver and black, and then got for this historically accurate paint job. The sponsorship possibilities for Pepto-Bismol, Barbie and the Pork Industry Council are tremendous:
Attached Images  
Old 10-31-2005 | 11:50 PM
brucegre
Banned

Ah, Ed, I'd do it but the guys I race with would probably think the cut lines are the chunks I want them to take out of the car. I had completely forgotten the pork porsche - can you believe anyone painted a car to look like that?

Stacy - those are almost funny enough to put in the car. If I were a little more secure in my masculinity ...although, we should get them and give them to Louise to match her shirt.
Old 11-01-2005 | 12:19 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

I think it looks kind of cool and I'm sure everyone in the pits knows which car is yours! Another bonus is that as you close on cars the drivers will be so transfixed on that bling behind that they won't notice you passing them!

Quick Reply: Pimp my ride - please