HWFM Racing Qualified?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 11:36 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default HWFM Racing Qualified?

Input from several people has caused me to think that I may be qualified for membership in the HWFM Racing Team. Here are just some of my "accomplishments":

1. 35+ years driving Porsches, many of those years on tracks on both coasts, and still often told by many that I am slow.

2. Z-Man once passed me at LRP!

3. My car, with me in it, weighs over 3400lbs.

4. I have been on my lid ("turned turttle", so to speak), and once passed a guy while upside down.....many moons ago at SIR (now Pacific Raceway again) I broke a spindle at turn-in for turn 1, dug into that nice damp Washington soil, and proceeded to execute a number of endos and rolls, coming to rest near turn 2, and slightly ahead of the car I had been following. Admittedly, he was from California and easily confused, apparently slowing to watch!

5. There is no person on the Planet more lazy than me.

References available upon request.

Thoughts?
Old 10-22-2005, 02:20 PM
Kurt R
Hates Family Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
5. There is no person on the Planet more lazy than me.
I'd challenge you on that claim, but right now I'm going to take a nap on the couch.
I should be out in the garage working on the car.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:00 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by rockfan4
I'd challenge you on that claim, but right now I'm going to take a nap on the couch.
I should be out in the garage working on the car.
Relax! Your sig makes me believe it isn't going anywhere....
Old 10-22-2005, 06:25 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

This is indeed an exceptional application.

With over 150 "turtles" on the team, this is the first guy who has actually "turned turtle" in his car.

Very impressive.

It would be very cool if Bull can do that on command.

Still, I'd like to hear what other teammates think...
Old 10-22-2005, 06:32 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

There was a time when I was know to do the Gator on the "dance" floor....is that close enough? Alas, it is generally out of style these days!
Old 10-22-2005, 06:38 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Actually, Bull, teammates sometimes do the "Gator" on the ground in our paddock. But usually only when someone else has slathered Atomic Balm all over the crotch of the dancer's Nomex suit
Old 10-22-2005, 07:19 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, knowing Bull, having been mentioned in his post, AND being part of "Team Turtle" I think I can put some input here.

First off, (and in fear of losing my HWFMR membership status), that it must be known that while I indeed did pass Bull at Lime Rock, this event was a once in a lifetime occurance. For one thing, Bull was suffering from the flu, and secondly, I was told that once our session was finished, there would be ice cream waiting for me!

That said, I believe Bull fully understands the essence of HWFMR. He's not 'low character,' but he does have a low desire to finish first.

Definately got my vote!
Old 10-22-2005, 07:25 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Z-man
Well, knowing Bull, having been mentioned in his post, AND being part of "Team Turtle" I think I can put some input here.

First off, (and in fear of losing my HWFMR membership status), that it must be known that while I indeed did pass Bull at Lime Rock, this event was a once in a lifetime occurance. For one thing, Bull was suffering from the flu, and secondly, I was told that once our session was finished, there would be ice cream waiting for me!

That said, I believe Bull fully understands the essence of HWFMR. He's not 'low character,' but he does have a low desire to finish first.

Definately got my vote!
But, I didn't puke!
Old 10-22-2005, 07:26 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
Actually, Bull, teammates sometimes do the "Gator" on the ground in our paddock. But usually only when someone else has slathered Atomic Balm all over the crotch of the dancer's Nomex suit
"Nomex suit"???? You guys are really serious !
Old 10-23-2005, 11:35 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Bull

Bull's application has garnered some very impressive support. Here and on the 993 board.
Being from Chicago, for I moment I wondered if the fix was in.

But this is on his own merits.

I too am impressed with your credentials and your wit.

I'd like to officially welcome our newest teammate, driver and Official Random Excuse Generator, Bull (aka BobW.)

Congratulations.

And finally, we can't wait to see you turn turtle again. A remarkable feat given the low speeds you seem to maintain.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:07 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I want to thank the Leadership of HWFMR, along with the members who did slowly respond to His Turtleness.

I also want to thank all of those who made this possible and without whom I could not have reached this position in life...but, quite frankly, I can't really remember any of you!

If Brian P. ever comes around again, maybe he will post his video of me making a perfect "exit, stage left", at Summit Point some years ago.....just to make you feel more comfortable with the decision.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:33 PM
jasoncuk
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
4. I have been on my lid ("turned turttle", so to speak), and once passed a guy while upside down.....many moons ago at SIR (now Pacific Raceway again) I broke a spindle at turn-in for turn 1, dug into that nice damp Washington soil, and proceeded to execute a number of endos and rolls, coming to rest near turn 2, and slightly ahead of the car I had been following. Admittedly, he was from California and easily confused, apparently slowing to watch!
Congrats on the success of your application from another new member. A point of order however about the passing of others whilst inverted. For future reference, is this encouraged within the club or only when the passed car is from the west coast?
Old 10-24-2005, 09:13 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by jasoncuk
Congrats on the success of your application from another new member. A point of order however about the passing of others whilst inverted. For future reference, is this encouraged within the club or only when the passed car is from the west coast?
If it is frowned upon, I will be happy to refrain from such infractions in the future!

Quick Reply: HWFM Racing Qualified?