GM steals and cheats....

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 07:07 PM
Rolo
Rhymes With Polo
Rennlist Member

Received 1,082 Likes on 641 Posts
Default GM steals and cheats....

They way they sent back markers from cheesy vette teams to take our the Porsches is embarrassing. It was intentional and planned. That should be ashamed
Old 10-16-2005, 07:14 PM
seege
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Team orders in auto racing ? Shocking!
Old 10-16-2005, 07:25 PM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Originally Posted by Rolo
They way they sent back markers from cheesy vette teams to take our the Porsches is embarrassing. It was intentional and planned. That should be ashamed
Care to elaborate? Why would a GT1 car care about GT2? or are you being ironic?

R+C
Old 10-16-2005, 07:39 PM
Rolo
Rhymes With Polo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by seege
Team orders in auto racing ? Shocking!

Putting cars between eachother is different than PUNTING cars to eek out a championship....to each his own. I think it was cheesy.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:40 PM
Rolo
Rhymes With Polo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nordschleife
Care to elaborate? Why would a GT1 car care about GT2? or are you being ironic?

R+C

Speed world challenge. Caddy punted Henzler on the last lap to claim the championship, Henzler was second and pushing for the win at the time. Seems it was discussed between teams during the caution
Old 10-16-2005, 07:47 PM
GUMBALL
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

The car contact was pretty obvious...and blatant. To me, that is not racing....anyone can pass-by-punt.........
I'm a little surprised that the officials have done nothing (so far)
Old 10-16-2005, 09:03 PM
carreracup21
Three Wheelin'

That race was a farce. Goiletti should have been immediately black flagged for that little re-start stunt where he passed several cars before the green. "Great re-start" , my *** !!! Caddy's team gang bang gets them absolutely no respect in my book. What a bunch of garbage. Booo !!!!! To bad GMs going bankrupt anyway.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:31 PM
DGaunt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Nothing, including the Corvette, can save GM now. The Corp. is as dead as the dinosaurs and doesn't know it yet. It's not like GM's customers and the automotive press haven't been warning them for > 2 decades. I feel sorry for the GM workers who unreasonably expect their pensions, which were negotiated in good faith.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:42 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

MUCH longer than 2 decades! Your point is proven by simply looking at their market share decline since the '60s. They are a joke, and continue to act like the joke that they are. Just watch the giant kick and flail as it goes through it's death throws! And some people still think of them as "Generous Motors".......
Old 10-16-2005, 09:44 PM
carreracup21
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DGaunt
I feel sorry for the GM workers who unreasonably expect their pensions, which were negotiated in good faith.
I can't help but believe we will be the ones that get stuck shelling out for those pensions. Especially with this spendaholic crowd in power. Sorry for the OT.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:51 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

That series is a joke.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:02 PM
mikew968
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

The boxing in and punting of Henzler was just wrong and should have had reprecussions. Is this the "show" that is now required to keep fans? It seems to be a part of NASCAR but generally not with road racing...right?

Mike
Old 10-16-2005, 10:30 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Compare the Caddy to a real production based race car like the 996GT3 and you will see how SCCA Pro sold out, IMO. What happened today is no surprise. Did you see Lou Gilloti giving the Caddy Program Manager a big hug at the end of the race?
Old 10-17-2005, 12:22 AM
seege
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bull
MUCH longer than 2 decades! Your point is proven by simply looking at their market share decline since the '60s. They are a joke, and continue to act like the joke that they are. Just watch the giant kick and flail as it goes through it's death throws! And some people still think of them as "Generous Motors".......

You are correct that GMs market share has declined, as have all the US marques including the German one(Daimler Chrysler)They must change to survive. I believe they will. Read Autoextremist if you don't already.

Grave dancing is one the worst traits I know of. The direction of this thread is more disgraceful than the gamesmanship on the course today.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:22 AM
Antonio
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I strongly disagree with previous comments. The Speed GT series offers some of the most competitive racing anywhere. Sorry to see Porsche loose but Cadillac put lots of resources behind this championship and they won in a car that is far from ideal. Porsche seemed like that they tried to do it on the cheap. Yes, Wolf Henzler got a bit roughed up at Laguna but that's racing. Rydell took himself out of contention along with Ashenbach in another Porsche. James Sofronas again drove another superb race to finish fifth. James is a superb talend and I hope he gets the recognition he deserves.

Quick Reply: GM steals and cheats....