Sponsored by:

Putnam Park Recap And PSM/ABS Disconnection

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 04:05 PM
JPhillips-998
Cows-4-Rent
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not backstroking at all! I just didn't want anyone that is driving the best that they can to feel like I did not respect what they were doing. I respect all that are out there on the track.

I stand by all of the above comments with the exception of #4..."Data is only one tool that MAY help understand driving dynamics but the skill set to be quick (in any car) on a track is very deep" is what I said. Not that it is a waste of time.

Personally don't care what you do for car choice, I thought both being familiar with your own cars and driving to a professional baseline would make more sense (not that ANY of this does!)

In my opinion 25 DE days does not make an experienced driver.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:15 PM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry about my wrong interpretation on #4, my mistake to assume you said it. I will leave it up there though as numerous other people have made that claim, OK?

So then, you think it's at least sporting to spot me in all of my lack of experience, lack of talent, etc., the car?
Old 10-06-2005, 04:17 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

I like the SRF idea. It takes familiarity away from both drivers and shows how well each can adapt. For that matter, they should also race at a track that is new to both of them. Maybe a trip to Homestead? It is a proper track which is quite safe. I would love to see it and would be willing to help with arrangements.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:20 PM
JPhillips-998
Cows-4-Rent
Rennlist Member

I am only half paying attention here but didn't you say "So, let’s get down to business you little low character looser, I THINK I AM FASTER THAN YOU IN YOUR OWN CAR. Yes, you got that right"?

That doesn't sound to me like you need a spot but if you feel you need one...like I said, it doesn't matter whose car you're in.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:25 PM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

This is from Mikes much earlier post. "But since I don't have DAS, lets use your car. Then we both can learn. I need three sessions in it to get comfortable in it."

So we have some conflicting offers between Mike and myself, and I am trying to settle it.

So Jeff, are you retracting all of the comments you made, you think I am fast, and want me to offer Mike the advantage? Otherwise, why not be a "sporting genlemen" from the clear postion of superiority Mike holds and spot me the car?

Mitch, Are you saying my profound lack of expereince and talent in the face of such superior skills from Mike, can't overcome the car choice?
Old 10-06-2005, 04:26 PM
Adam Richman
Pro

http://www.trackschedule.com/sched.html (Nov 5-6) Solo I/Time Trial at Rockingham MS. I doubt either driver has been there before. TT rules w/ THSCC are firebottle, driver suit/gloves/shoes/helmet (used to be at least), roll bar equipped car. There is a TT both Sat and Sun usually, gives you boys a chance at a rematch or just to reverse the order (maybe use accumulated times - or hell, run one car Sat, one on Sun if both would pass tech). Share the costs to get there and rest assured you could both have plenty of seat time as 8:30-3:00 is the Driver School part of the Weekend.

That said, I got $100.00 on Mike and I'll give Tim 1 second. Consider it part of the tow/transport fund if its a draw. I think there is just too much advantage w/ experience in qualifying for races and running under pressure vs. the languid approach to DEs.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Weaseling for a handicap just means the excuses have already started.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:32 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mitch236
I like the SRF idea. It takes familiarity away from both drivers and shows how well each can adapt. For that matter, they should also race at a track that is new to both of them. Maybe a trip to Homestead? It is a proper track which is quite safe. I would love to see it and would be willing to help with arrangements.
Glad you like it! One of the great things about the class is the dealer network of CSRs around the country, any of which would be glad to rent the cars, and provide arrive & drive service.

Exciting news for Houston is that asphalt IS BEING LAID as we speak for the new MSR Houston track. Scheduled to open November 1! And the local CSR is moving his shop to be closer to that facility.

edit: Heck, I guess part of the appeal of MSR Houston is that it didn't exist before this week - as an asphalt racing (oops, 'driving') surface. That's about as virgin a territory as you can get. Neither driver has driven this track!
Old 10-06-2005, 04:34 PM
JPhillips-998
Cows-4-Rent
Rennlist Member

GEEZ, Where DO you get this stuff Tim?

Let me be clear!
NO I DO NOT THINK YOU ARE FAST
NO I DO NOT RETRACT ANYTHING I SAID
AND FOR THE THIRD TIME IN THREE POSTS, I DON'T CARE WHAT CAR YOU DRIVE, YOU WILL BE SPANKED

Any confusion here? anyone? anyone?
Old 10-06-2005, 04:40 PM
MJHanna
Instructor

Ladies and gentlemen!!!!!, in this corner we have COLOR CHANGE VS Rennlist??????
Old 10-06-2005, 05:06 PM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

Thanks Jeff, very clear (just trying to be clear). So Jeff thinksI'm so bad that Mike can easily overcome the car handicap.

So Robert, are you saying my driving ability is so close to Mike's that it would be an unfair advantage to use my car?

Adam, where do you stand? Mitch, how about you? Larry, Alan, Alex, Greg, TD?
Old 10-06-2005, 05:26 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tim,

Here is where I stand:

1) I personally have no interest in arguing on the Internet (although it can be amusing to watch from the sidelines);

2) Smack talk is funniest when you don't believe it yourself;

3) The SRF idea, or the use of any neutral car, is really appealing;

4) The idea of a neutral track is really appealing; and

5) Be lucky that you didn't challenge me because, as a DE driver who uses data acquisition and has nearly 30 days experience, I could probably smoke your a$$ I gotz mad skillz.

6) Everyone who knows me already knows that I am a low character bastard, so flinging that particular insult my way will not really change anything

That's about it, apart from the fact that I am just joking around, as usual.

TD
Old 10-06-2005, 05:30 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
Tim

I took Dan's point to be about demeanor, not data or driving.

His observation about an excess of excuses has been observed by others, and, on occasion, has been corroborated even by you.
Mike, as well as probably everyone else here (except you), understood that to be my point. Your conduct in this thread has predictably yet again driven that point home.

Originally Posted by ColorChange
(directed to Mike) You won’t understand this but high character people stand behind there (sic) claims. I’ve got $500 that says I can put down a faster lap in your car at Gingerman or Putnam than you can. I will need a couple of sessions to get used to your car and of course I will cover any damages I inflict. I will also give you $200 for wear and tear during my prep. Do you want to work out the details?

Step up Mr. Man!

Could I have called him out any stronger?
Your verbous, but feeble attempts to slink away from your challenge fool nobody. All the smoke & mirrors won't obscure the truth. Enough excuses & attempts to divert attention from your (brashly made?) challenge. Mike called you. The only issue is scheduling. I've never seen Mike (or you) drive, but I've got $1,000.00 that says Mike beats you at your challenge. So, will your wallet cash the check your mouth wrote? Can't wait to hear the next excuse

Originally Posted by ColorChange
Sorry about my wrong interpretation on #4, my mistake to assume you said it. I will leave it up there though as numerous other people have made that claim, OK?
Only a person of extraordinarily low character would intentionally leave a post misrepresenting someone's position. You owe Jeff a retraction, not just a lame excuse.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:38 PM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

TD The question still stands!
A. I am fast and he can't overcome the car handicap.
B. I am slow and he can easily overcome the handicap.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:43 PM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

Dan: Be patient and let's see where this discussion leads. I did say it is was my mistake and asked if he minded if I kept it. If he does, I'll retract it, no problem. If you don't like it ... I don't much care.

So Dan, A or B?

Quick Reply: Putnam Park Recap And PSM/ABS Disconnection