PBOC Sebring 5-21/22

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 11:40 AM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
Default PBOC Sebring 5-21/22

I'm back from Sebring and what a hoot it was !!!!

Temperature and humidity were a bit high during the enduro which made it challenging but a lot of fun (I'm glad I got a cool suit ).

I had an opportunity to meet Rich and Erinn Cowell who are the nicest people out there and gave me some good advice and offered to help in getting me classed a bit more appropriately to my cars potential.

I wish I had the video camera on the car to show you guys Rich's lines through turns 13 to 16th. He had that car doing a slow dance through there, quite cool to watch (especially as you had just blown by me ).

I met Mitch as he was driving out on his awesome 944 and also met Terry during the drivers meeting.

All in all, I think there is a great group of guys racing in PBOC and the event came out great.

Here's a gratuitous pic or two (OK its more than that) courtesy of (and copyrighted by) Colour Tech South Motorsports Photography llc

Last edited by Juan Lopez; 04-28-2015 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:22 PM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

It was a great weekend! ....despite the mounds of toxic bat sh*t in my pit!
Old 05-23-2005, 12:53 PM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

What kind of lap times were you turning Jaun?
Old 05-23-2005, 02:37 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Not fast enough....... 2.39.4 was my best lap. But what a blast to be back !

I had not raced in 3-4 years and found myself braking too early at T 7 (hairpin); T 10 and T 17. There's no way I can find the 10-15 seconds I'd need to match the top runners of my class.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:47 PM
BluemaxxRacing
Racer

Juan,

Thank you very much for the kind words. Like you, neither Erinn nor I were able to put up times we were happy with. My best time this weekend was a 2:31.3 where as I have run a 2:30.1 before when the car was less modified. I guess we need to get out there more and do a little test-n-tuning at Sebring. Sometime, we should get out there together and compare lines. Unfortunately, we never had enough time to talk about what each of us was doing and I have found it so good to compare notes whenever possible.

Your car was definitely my favorite of all cars out there! What a beautiful machine. I hope you can join us at Homestead next month. Not only is that track alot closer to your home but it is sooooo much easier! Your car would do alot better there given it's straight line speed.

BTW, I spoke with "Dark Helmet" about your classification and he agreed with me that you should not be in R3 and will probably bump you down to R6 where you belong.

Lastly, it was a bummer that you could not join us for dinner on Friday night at the Watering Hole. Now that we know that you are a terrible guy with no personality (like the rest of us) lets not make that mistake twice.

Anyone up for dinner on Friday, June 17th? Maybe a fun place in Key Largo on the water?? My wife is from the Keys and knows all the REALLY great places to eat while watching a sunset and pretending to be Jimmy Buffett. Also, Dan the Vegitarian could be accommodated as well We always have to think about Dan the Man!!
Old 05-24-2005, 08:22 AM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BluemaxxRacing
neither Erinn nor I were able to put up times we were happy with.
Come on now, whatcha complaining about! You won the sprint and enduro in your class and have a commanding lead in the points race! You guys had a great weekend!
Old 05-24-2005, 08:40 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

It was nice meeting you as well. I had a great time even though I blew out my turbo. FA was able to get me out in DE though and I had a blast running with my friends in a relaxing environment. You know, DE is much less stressful and given it was so hot, well I enjoyed it.

NASA is having an event at Sebring in a couple of weeks, who's in?
Old 05-24-2005, 09:42 AM
BluemaxxRacing
Racer

Terry,

Yes, Erinn and I had a fantastic weekend but that still does not explain our slow times we put up (for us). It is always good to come away from a racing weekend with the same car as you arrived with. Also great was seeing so many friends. But our times aroudn the track were a little disappointing to us. Oh well, there is always next time!
Old 05-24-2005, 10:32 AM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rich,

I’m just telling the truth !

Thanks much for talking to “Dark Helmet” for me. I know my times will improve as I get used to the “new” car and get back into shape (I had not raced in approx 4-5 years). However, not even the fastest and lightest 2 liter 911’s would be competitive on my current class (best lap I recall from the fastest 2 liter at Sebring was a 2:30-31 whereas the red 993 3.8 was lapping at 2:25 if I remember correctly).

I also like to sit down to discuss lines and generally “shoot the breeze” after a race/track event so I’m open for that. I know I could use some more pointers on T17 ! I have only driven Homestead once and that was back in 2000 (and on my SC) so I don’t really remember it that well (any pointers ?)

Homestead will be a welcomed change since as you say its closer to home. My first son was born just 3 month’s ago and my wife has not been able to come to any track events to see her hubby in action (and the rust bucket that has taken such a big chunk of the family’s budget). She’s planning on coming to Homestead for a short while.

Not sure if we’ll stay close to the track or if we’ll drive from home (1 hour approx) so I’m not sure if we’ll be around for dinner on the Friday but it sounds like a good idea.

I did not join you guys at The Watering Hole as I was afraid that if my personality (or lack thereof ) did not click with the clan, I might have ended up with the 14 foot gator…… Now seriously, my brother and friends were coming in from Mississippi and Alabama and were arriving late that night so I waited for them and went to Chicane’s for some cow parts cooked rare (and crab cakes !)

-----------
Mitch,

I saw the FA crew all over your engine compartment and wondered what was going on then I did not see your car at the race. I honestly thought that perhaps you were so far ahead that I never saw your car. Good to hear they could get you out at least on DE so it was not a total waste of a good track weekend.

I never saw your face without a helmet so please excuse me if I don't recognize you next time I see you ! I knew it was you because of your avatar.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:39 PM
gt3cup98
Racer

Dinner was great Friday night. Went to Watering Hole again Saturday night. Had a great time driving and eating, hope to learn to drive half as good as I eat!Would love to join all Friday nlght prior to Homstead. Will be staying at Hampton. Would like to hitch a ride so I don't have to disconect trailer.
Boyd
Old 05-25-2005, 10:35 PM
killbugsfast
Instructor

Talking

The Juaninator strikes again ! Is that car yellow or what ! Now , if you could keep it from swapping ends on Turn 17 you would have passed them lowly Roundeled vehicles and stayed ahead .

Is that car a trike ? Is it a dog lifting its leg ? Looks like you spent a lot of the time on 3 wheels . If it was a dog it would be like it was weeweeing on the cars next to you .

Tranny , engine , body , in-car stuff seems to be sorted out . Let's work on suspension and practice . Also , on a more fair classification for your equipment .

Looking forward to a great outing at Homestead .

killbugsfast

Quick Reply: PBOC Sebring 5-21/22