Sponsored by:

racing shoe fit properly?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 03:06 PM
penguinking
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default racing shoe fit properly?

so i tried on some G-force racing shoes in the store and they felt like a good fit so i went with them. felt great driving, awesome pedal feel. i was told not to worry about width of the shoe (i have a wide foot) but only worry about heel to toe fit. felt kinda tight but i figured a racing shoe should fit snugger than a tennis shoe. well after walking around in them for a few days to break them in, they're becoming awfully tight on my feet and they're starting to hurt. i think i got a size too small

is this the way they're supposed to fit? because they feel great while driving (no downward pressure on the shoe, only hurts when standing/walking around)

btw never owned racing shoes before so forgive me if i'm being stupid.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:42 PM
sjanes
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

My Leaf Racewear shoes fit fine and I can walk around in them all day. I don't know about you, but I spend more time on my feet than in my car during a DE weekend, so a shoe has to be comfy for walking around.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:46 PM
penguinking
Burning Brakes

hmm....my original thoughts were that they're hurting right now because they need to be broken in first, but i have a DE this weekend, and if i can get a good fitting shoe before i go i may need to do that instead.

haha, anyone interested in a small pair of G-force midtops?
Old 04-26-2005, 05:46 PM
smokey
Pro

I found that I need to order G-Force racing shoes one size larger than my regular shoe size. Otherwise, they're painful, and life is too short to live in pain. My +1 G-Force shoes are fine.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:24 PM
penguinking
Burning Brakes

interesting...i went the 1 size smaller way instead when i tried on a shoe that was the same size it felt to big so i went down a size...i suppose too much then
Old 04-26-2005, 06:33 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have experience with Simpson, G-Force and a few others. They all fit snug but not "tight". I too spend a lot of time on my feet at track events, and the shoes are very comfortable, almost slipper-like. My problem is the lack of arch support in the shoes. I wear a size 14 wide. (No problem with "heel and toe"!
Old 04-26-2005, 06:36 PM
Glenn from Denver
Instructor

I have to say that the best fitting pair of shoes that I have ever had is the set of Alpinestars that I have now. Fit much better than the Sparcos I had before. Feel is great and I can leave them on for the entire day.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:44 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

No..that is wrong! I love my Sparco's! They fit like a glove ( i also have wide feet) and I made a comment to my wife when I got them of how I wish I could have so comfortable shoes like that to wear every day!
Old 04-26-2005, 07:36 PM
penguinking
Burning Brakes

i love the g-force shoes i have right now. i think i'm going to step up a half size or two and see how that fits. they are indeed so comfortable i'd wear them all the time. heck, they don't look to back with jeans!
Old 04-27-2005, 10:14 AM
Glenn from Denver
Instructor

DJF1...what do you mean "that is wrong"? Have you tried Alpinestars?

All I know is that the Alpinestars work better for me than the Sparcos.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:34 AM
P.Po
Instructor

My $0.02....

I have a VERY VERY wide foot. Size 11 EEEEEE (6E). The ONLY Nomex shoe which fit me was the Sparco Rally. The good thing is that this shoe is the real comprimise between great pedal feel and comfort walking around the pits. I have no problem with the width either which was REALLY strange and surprising. Very comfortable shoe...

I found the correct sizing at JRP here in Toronto and then ordered from saferacer.com. I saved about $130cdn this way.... but these shoes are so good I would have payed a lot more!! Final price was around the same as the LEAF shoe.....

By the way... I have not tried the AlpineStar and will certainly try a pair on when I get a chance.

hope this helps,
Patrick Parato
Old 04-27-2005, 11:24 AM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

I open my mouth, talk some smack about my laps times and shove the shoe in. With enough force, my foot fits in my mouth everytime

Last edited by BrokeAss; 04-27-2005 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:00 PM
jerome951
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

What socks are you wearing? If you are wearing normal sweat socks, try a pair of Nomex socks, which are made of significantly thinner material. My shoes are overly-tight with sweat socks but feel comfortable w/ Nomex.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:29 PM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Real driving shoes do not have the support for regular daily use. I love my AlpineStars so long as I am driving, but between sessions I try to change into regular shoes to save my feet. You might want to try a pair of Pilotis for dual use. The sole is thicker and has more support than a real driving shoe, but it has more feel than a pair of Nike sneakers.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:33 PM
penguinking
Burning Brakes

the flat shoe isnt a problem for me. i don't have flat feet and i dont need the arch support. i wear thin socks already. gaaah i think i just bought some small shoes.

thanks for the advice guys. maybe ill try some other shoes on, but for the price you can't beat the g-force product line

Quick Reply: racing shoe fit properly?