Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6R being bested by the C5R

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 10:36 AM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well SCCA T2 and Speed GT have VERY different rules. Just look at the Speed GT Caddys They have their frames cut and actually sit 2-3 lower than stock CTS. The SCCA T2 caddy must be stock and there fore runs in a lower class than the T1 Corvette.

I have heard the Speed GT CTS V are more like GTS cars than even an ALMS GT car
Old 01-27-2005, 12:21 PM
Carrera51
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 148 Likes on 94 Posts

The Speed GT CTSVs look wider and lower than the CTS Vs that run in Grand Am.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:21 PM
Benton
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mitch236
I really liked the commentator during the SCCA runoffs who commented that the cars HAD to be stock and in fact, even though the driver was allowed to remove the rear headrests for vision, they had to be straped to the floor because everything that came in the stock car had to remain!

What a load!
I think you are getting the Speed GT (while SCCA) series confused with the SCCA T2.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:32 PM
BrandonH
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Fishman
Nothing will be even close to the new C6R. The privateer C5Rs will be better than the Saleen but unless the C6R breaks they only have a chance at third place.
As exhibit A for this argument, check out the number of Corvette teams selling off their C5 cars on the SCCA T1 forum. I suspect they aren't using proceeds to buy Vipers.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:44 PM
trumperZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both the C-5 R and C-6R's are factory race cars with the chassis mfg'red by Pratt & Miller. These cars compete in the ALMS series and also at the Le Mans 24 hour. They do not compete in the SCCA series.

The SCCA T-1 is a class which is for stock production sports cars ! This class does allow some limited modifications for racing!

Speed GT is an entirely different series, with their own rules and classifications.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:05 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My bad
Old 01-27-2005, 05:44 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

YOU guys are all over the map with this thread!! I thought we were talking about C6R vs C5R and it went to almost every series around.

As was just said, major differences between , SpeedGT World challenge, ALMS GTS, and SCCA T2, as well as Grand AM CUP where the caddy runs in GS.

The C6R ALMS GTS car is huge hp and very light.

the caddy in World challenge was almost at this level in technology, lower in design HP, but brought back with restrictors after their romp at Sebring '04
It also has NOTHING to do with the production car, with the front end completly modified, far from the stock look and demensions. driver sits, basically, in the rear seat they have moved him back so far.

Grand Am cup GS , the cars are pretty stock, but some cars are allowed headers, and the weights are fairly low.

SCCA T2, this is kind of a joke, that a caddy with 400hp runs against GEOs. but they have saddled it with a running weight of 3900lbs. however, as we alll saw on the video, all the interior is still in place.

SCCA T1 cars vets, porsches, etc, all are pretty stock, but the weights are a little lower, with the vets in the 3250 range with driver. trick in this class is set up and suspension

Mk

Originally Posted by Carrera51
The Speed GT CTSVs look wider and lower than the CTS Vs that run in Grand Am.

Quick Reply: C6R being bested by the C5R