Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shenandoah Video!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 10:13 AM
spyderman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, that set of esses was pretty had on the cars. I hope they dont leave the karrousel out, thats one of the best turns, he cant take out all the turns, otherwise well just be dragracing. cant wait to run their again though
Old 04-06-2005, 01:11 PM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

That is one track I will never run at. I think it's pretty dangerous.
1. my car costs way too much
2. I have two young kids
3. my current ability would not leave me comfortable with the small margins on this track
Old 04-06-2005, 04:37 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 693 Likes on 493 Posts

Not to be another fly in the ointment but....warning: mini rant coming.

Why in this modern era would you build a track from scratch without good run off in the corners? While its true that no one wants to crash thier car regardless of value the fact is that more and more drivers are putting expensive cars on the track...cup cars, heavily modified late model P-cars and the like. My brother ran with the first group on the track last fall (BMW club) he had fun but said it was not a place to make a mistake. I have heard that they have addressed some issues. That being said I will run it with Schatenbaum in the fall.....oh, and yes I am looking forward to it.

Jamie
Old 04-06-2005, 05:00 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Forgive me if this has all ready been discussed... I was told several race sanctioning bodies inspected this track and would not accept it as a racing venue.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:02 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

That track is a joke for racing. Add all the concrete and it is a joke for DE's. A simple mistake that at most tracks would be harmless could severely damage your car.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:25 PM
JoelG
Advanced

thread back from the dead?

I drove the shenandoah again a couple weeks ago, in the rain.

re: the improvements. I really like the range esses bypass. I hate the chicane at the top of the hill. Both of those are optional (like many parts of this track), so your organization can choose to use them or not.

re: racing. NASA and the Woodbridge Kart Club will be racing on it this year. I heard a rumor EMRA may be. SCCA will not.

NJ BMW CCA is running it this weekend (4/9-10/05) so I'm sure there will be more news on Monday
Old 04-07-2005, 09:21 PM
John Brown
Instructor

re: racing. NASA and the Woodbridge Kart Club will be racing on it this year. I heard a rumor EMRA may be. SCCA will not.
Which may say more about who has pull in the office than who wants to run ...
Old 04-11-2005, 10:57 AM
JoelG
Advanced

Originally Posted by JoelG
NJ BMW CCA is running it this weekend (4/9-10/05) so I'm sure there will be more news on Monday
nothing to report, really. 3 days on the Shenandoah (Friday was a FATT), no bent metal, no close calls, great weather and a good time was had by all.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:20 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

For what it's worth, I ran the track in the wet and dry this past weekend with Riesentoter PCA. It was my first DE in a car, and it was a blast. The Karussell run anti-clockwise was not bad at all if you enter at an angle from the top. It is quite a smooth transition from that approach. The turn following up the hill was my favorite and the off-camber right turn following was slow (for me) but not bad. After that is a long left sweeper and the longer straight, both could be passing zones depending on your group. On the second day RTR added the dogleg and that was very challenging. the esses in it were removed from last Fall but the final left out of the tight part is downhill and blind. Pretty nifty, but actually (at my speeds) it's a single steering motion. The straight up the hill is fast. Just stay left under the bridge and at the "jump" and avoid steering inputs--that way you land straight in what seems to be the middle of the track after cresting the hill. The front wheels are definitely off the pavement and, for the faster guys, the back wheels too. It's exciting, but seems safe, as long as you have NO steering inputs. Apparently a corvette in a previous event had an issue there by landing with wheels cocked.

I really liked the track and will go back as many times as I can this summer!
Old 04-26-2005, 10:10 PM
Tony356993
Addict
Rennlist Member

I also ran the new track with Riesentoter this past weekend. I had been watching a video of the track for a few weeks and I was very skeptical of the track and the safety. I was VERY pleased with the track. Even with a high hp car, I had a very good weekend. It is not VIR or the Glen, but it is worth the 3 hours trip from Philly. The track challenges you in may areas due to camber changes and tight turns. We ran the track CC. There a plenty of passing zones including the bridge straight, the "Johnson" (on the track map it looks like....you know) straight, the pit in straight. and the short shoot after the pit in straight. The crest of the bridge straight is a strang the 1st few times you go through but like the post above states, if you hit the crest on the left of the track and keep the wheels straight, the "landing" is uneventful. The karussell is a bit of a problem for cars that are low or lowered. I would scrape the tow kooks exiting the turn and a GT2 in our region tore off an air scoop at the same spot. The car is limited by the ground clearance, NOT the physics of the turn and that is a shame. Overall, I liked it and I will go back with Potomac region and Shattenbaum region. If you get a chance to do it, give it a try and you will be suprised.

Quick Reply: Shenandoah Video!!!!!!!!!!!