PCA Club Racing: Abolish 13/13 for 9-race probation & Keep points

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 10:35 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,929 Likes on 1,719 Posts

Originally Posted by Speeds5

I race in 911Cup because of that. I like the challenge and competition and I’m trying to get closer to those guys. That’s my personal challenge.
And THAT is the motivation most people who do this have. Congrats on your effort, it's working!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 04-30-2024, 08:46 PM
esscape26
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just wanted to document some things that keep racers from racing, either part of the weekend or longer.
- Got sick or had a family emergency that took some time to resolve
- Lost job, work schedule changed, or work had increased demands
- It rained (and I don't have rain tires)
- The race that I typically attend no longer exists
- Someone hit me, and my car is toast
- The track sucks or it needs repaving
-The tranny (or other part) is getting close to breaking, and I don't want the thing to explode parts
- Or the car is just broke or damaged, and don't have the cash, the parts, etc.
- I have other things to do in my life (that cost less or you know, maintain family/life balance)
- I don't have the budget, could be I'm already using 2 sets of tires each weekend or it could be some other cost
- I'm exhausted because it's 90 degrees and I don't want to put myself or others at risk

- I have other things to do in my life (that cost less or take less energy or you know, maintain family/life balance)

IMAGINE, coming back from a family issue and things are great now OR recovering from illness or injury and still having a (perhaps non-deserved) PCA probation hanging over your head? Or doing the right thing when you're physically or mentally not up to doing a race, and you sit it out. Your reward: it extends your probation...
Old 04-30-2024, 10:09 PM
will968
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts

Patti, probation is part of a progressive discipline plan. It's a way of getting someone's attention who is otherwise inattentive. Not a crime, it's someone who wants to get your attention over how you are behaving. Follow their guidance and you'll be fine.

- did that come off like a group manger?
The following users liked this post:
ProCoach (04-30-2024)
Old 05-01-2024, 01:01 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,929 Likes on 1,719 Posts

Thought this was interesting. A lot of ways to help intervene before a contact incident. Now, this group doesn’t have a “National Championship” points component, but it is an evolutionary way to look at how the 13/13 Rule can be applied, as well as mentor and instill desired behavior. This is a 100% volunteer organization.

The following 4 users liked this post by ProCoach:
AceMktg (05-01-2024), analogmike (05-01-2024), LuigiVampa (05-02-2024), Nowanker (05-01-2024)

Quick Reply: PCA Club Racing: Abolish 13/13 for 9-race probation & Keep points