Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winterfest 2024

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2024 | 02:14 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
DE felt pretty light? I hadn't gone in a few years and don't remember it being so quiet?
The cars in Super Solo were driving so fast that they were hard to count. There was actually 84 cars in Super Solo, but we were only able to count 21 of them cause they went by so fast.....

Erik had told me who you were at a morning driver meeting, and I went to find you to say hello and you were gone and I didn't see you again. Next time...

Just kidding about the number of cars in Super Solo. Pretty sure there were only 82 of them..
Old 01-22-2024 | 02:27 PM
ELange0322
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dgrobs
The cars in Super Solo were driving so fast that they were hard to count. There was actually 84 cars in Super Solo, but we were only able to count 21 of them cause they went by so fast.....

Erik had told me who you were at a morning driver meeting, and I went to find you to say hello and you were gone and I didn't see you again. Next time...

Just kidding about the number of cars in Super Solo. Pretty sure there were only 82 of them..
Agree with Peter that it felt like the group was smaller this year year than those past, despite them saying that this was the largest SuperSolo group ever and having more drivers than in Solo. If it wasnt for the multiple Radical spin-fest and the one BMW that was completely oblivious to anything else on track which seemed so far removed from the rest of the group, it would have been fantastic (and Bruce has seen one of the videos of what was going on from a situational awareness standpoint...)

Sorry I missed saying HI Peter. You were certainly hot-shoeing it as always.
Old 01-22-2024 | 07:02 PM
anthony42hat
Instructor

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Good seeing you pal.

What did you think of the instructor/solo run group?

Hit 'em straight tomorrow...
Great seeing you, wish i had more time to come over and hang out but I was with two buddies and it just seemed like something was always going on. The group was overall pretty good but there are always a few that you wonder how in the heck they aren't instructed. Very slow pace but worse...no awareness. I guess it comes with the territory. I was pedaling hard against all the hp and the go karts but held my own. I finally got to the 2:27's on Saturday so I was pretty pleased with that on 228hp. Enjoy your time in the Sunshine State!
The following users liked this post:
dgrobs (01-22-2024)
Old 01-22-2024 | 07:16 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ELange0322
Agree with Peter that it felt like the group was smaller this year year than those past, despite them saying that this was the largest SuperSolo group ever and having more drivers than in Solo. If it wasnt for the multiple Radical spin-fest and the one BMW that was completely oblivious to anything else on track which seemed so far removed from the rest of the group, it would have been fantastic (and Bruce has seen one of the videos of what was going on from a situational awareness standpoint...)

Sorry I missed saying HI Peter. You were certainly hot-shoeing it as always.
I had a chat with the BMW driver encouraging him towards better awareness. The talk went well, and next session he was better. It was nice meeting up with you again Eric. Your car is beautiful!
Old 01-23-2024 | 07:13 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

^^ Thanks for that Mark!

Yes, there were a few people that should have been solo, not super solo.
And how many times can you spin a radical in the same corner?!
Mark Dreyer (01-23-2024)
Old 01-23-2024 | 08:09 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

^^ Thanks for that Mark!

What did I win?
Old 01-23-2024 | 08:13 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

^^ Thanks for that Mark!

Let me guess: #11 white Radicsl
Old 01-23-2024 | 08:19 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

I noticed a lack of track awareness from some of those radical drivers also. On more than one occasion one of them forced me off line to pass me on the race line even though I offered them the benefit of an off line point by, something not even required in SS.
Old 01-23-2024 | 08:22 AM
Mike Roblin
Rennlist Member

Even in the race group on Sunday the #11 spun off…

And I agree that several Radicals in SS seemed to lack awareness
Old 01-23-2024 | 08:27 AM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

We watched frm turn 7 n Saturday saw that radical off there at least twice in one session it appeared to have brake bias issues.
Rich
Old 01-23-2024 | 08:39 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike Roblin
Even in the race group on Sunday the #11 spun off…

And I agree that several Radicals in SS seemed to lack awareness
Mike, will you or John make note of these offending drivers and refuse them entry into SS next year?
Old 01-23-2024 | 09:06 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Oh those pesky radicals.

I became much more Leary of those 2 white ones in Super Solo when Erik showed me a certain in car video coming out of 7 and into 8-9…..

He can post it if he wants to but not sure what the rules are concerning that.

There was a general overall lack of awareness with those 2, but I had no issues with the other radicals, and that Batmobile, what a car.
Old 01-23-2024 | 10:29 AM
Mike Roblin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer
Mike, will you or John make note of these offending drivers and refuse them entry into SS next year?
It’ll be a conversation, for sure. And if they can’t play nice we’ll remove them. The same applies to anyone else too! If you can’t be courteous and safe then…

In race 2 on Sunday I was behind a radical and was quicker in places but when I tried making a move I just didn’t have the confidence that he was going to play nice based on some of the defensive moves he was using. I backed off a little and maintained my position ahead of the guy behind me that was in my class. It was a better choice!
zmon (01-25-2024)
Old 01-23-2024 | 10:43 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

In race 2 on Sunday I was behind a radical and was quicker in places but when I tried making a move I just didn’t have the confidence that he was going to play nice based on some of the defensive moves he was using. I backed off a little and maintained my position ahead of the guy behind me that was in my class. It was a better choice!
Smart.
Ask Erik for "the video". He'll know exactly what you're talking about if you tell him I suggested it.
Old 01-23-2024 | 12:09 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

It’ll be a conversation, for sure. And if they can’t play nice we’ll remove them. The same applies to anyone else too! If you can’t be courteous and safe then…

If the SuperSolo Radical is the one I am thinking of, I spoke to him at least twice when I was up in the tower for some DE sessions, and I even sat him out of a SuperSolo session that particular day (I forget which day it was).

As for your comments about Race 2, that was the right approach IMO. As I mentioned to you, if there is ever any doubt...there is NO doubt. Well done!!

Quick Reply: Winterfest 2024