Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rub Out? What is your definition for PCA Racing?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2023, 04:47 PM
jscott82
Rennlist Member

Received 383 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by NaroEscape
I had some swedish fish in the RV... you should have come over!
Luigi, be glad you didnt... they were all the way in the back of the RV.....
Old 03-29-2023, 04:57 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,393 Likes on 1,929 Posts

What is the point of Vicki Ehrshaw giving this whole big speech at the Sebring CR about reporting ALL contact, because PCA wants to keep track of what is happening, and then doing nothing with that information when there is an incident resulting in damage?

The video is clear, and with the damage, that should have been a 13.
The following 2 users liked this post by LuigiVampa:
analogmike (03-30-2023), Mike Roblin (03-29-2023)
Old 03-29-2023, 05:11 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 911 Likes on 445 Posts

Hmmm....Vicki was the steward making the call at Laguna Seca from that video I posted.
Old 03-29-2023, 05:18 PM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 46 Posts

It's all politics. I got hit by a car from that same shop years ago at Pitt Race. Broke my driver side rear wheel. They were ready to give me a 13 because I was at fault. and send me home. I turned in on him they said. It wasn't til I produced a video from the guy 3 cars back that showed I had started my turn in well before the pass attempt, and was not at fault. 0%. That's when the steward said to the other driver "we have a problem here, he was clearly turning before you made your pass attempt. " All of a sudden, it was a rubout. No 13 to him. Same Vicky, and a guy named Brian H. When I protested, they told me to basically shut up or I would still get the 13.
Old 03-29-2023, 06:02 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,307 Likes on 1,879 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa

While we are discussing rub outs I will also mentioned that there was no hug or swedish fish from @ProCoach as was promised.
Man, I missed you (and jdistefa and a bunch of other good folks), too.

I got a really good “make me move” offer on my house at the coast, so cleaning that out to close this week was a good reason to be absent. Looked like you had fun in both cars.

Didn’t happen if there is no scuff on your bumper cover!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 03-29-2023, 06:39 PM
Estoril
Instructor

Received 102 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
What is the point of Vicki Ehrshaw giving this whole big speech at the Sebring CR about reporting ALL contact, because PCA wants to keep track of what is happening, and then doing nothing with that information when there is an incident resulting in damage?

The video is clear, and with the damage, that should have been a 13.
Maybe the point of the speech is just to make a speech, check a box, satisfy a requirement (insurance, BoD etc) and in actual practice - loosen the rules and allow contact.

Last edited by Estoril; 03-29-2023 at 08:52 PM.
Old 03-29-2023, 07:55 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Hmmm

Last edited by John H; 03-29-2023 at 08:01 PM.
Old 03-29-2023, 09:20 PM
KevinA
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

Bob- Really sorry to see what happened.
I saw you driving over the bridge towards the exit during the enduro, so don't know if you heard, but that black car went off at turn 1 late in the race. It went all the way down to the wall. I didn't see it being pulled out, so not sure how much damage it sustained. Karma?
Old 03-29-2023, 09:32 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,307 Likes on 1,879 Posts

Bob, that was a dumb, reckless passing attempt. Sorry, but more than a "rub out."
The following users liked this post:
wellcoached (04-02-2023)
Old 03-29-2023, 10:04 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 174 Posts

No, that's in no way a rub-out. PCA not doing anything is one thing. The driver not finding you and apologizing is another altogether.
M13S (03-30-2023)
Old 03-29-2023, 10:12 PM
Mike Roblin
Rennlist Member

Received 543 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by linzman
It's all politics. I got hit by a car from that same shop years ago at Pitt Race. Broke my driver side rear wheel. They were ready to give me a 13 because I was at fault. and send me home. I turned in on him they said. It wasn't til I produced a video from the guy 3 cars back that showed I had started my turn in well before the pass attempt, and was not at fault. 0%. That's when the steward said to the other driver "we have a problem here, he was clearly turning before you made your pass attempt. " All of a sudden, it was a rubout. No 13 to him. Same Vicky, and a guy named Brian H. When I protested, they told me to basically shut up or I would still get the 13.
Yet another example of why I am turned off on PCA Club Racing. I’m sad about this and the thought that contact is an inevitable part of participating with this group
Old 03-29-2023, 11:19 PM
cienegavista
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

The driver of the car that got hit at Laguna that Scott referenced regretted that he was not more assertive when it was determined a 'rub out' when in fact he was body slammed. I feel that drivers need to be more proactive if they are hit rather than just waiting around to see what happens, more of an advocate role.
The driver at LS is a really nice young man and did not want to make waves, but that does not do any good and he eventually realized that he should have spoken up for himself and his car.
It's a matter of being outspoken if you are hit like the vid above rather than being silent. The Stewards are doing the best they can but they get worked by the folks that are in the offending car, don't think for a minute that Vickie Earnshaw was not being talked to by the offending driver at Ls, for sure she was and there you go.
mc
tgsmith4845 (03-30-2023)
Old 03-29-2023, 11:29 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,827 Likes on 997 Posts

Politics are lame but it happens everywhere so not really surprised by anything said here. I'd be surprised if they revisited any decision already made.

When I watch that video of the 944 it's just..., why??? I don't think he was trying to pass you though. No one could possibly think that it'd be possible to pass you on the outside in that corner. If anything attempting so would open him up to getting passed by the yellow car taking the inside line.

I think more than likely that guy blew his braking zone and decided rather than go on the grass and lose his position, he really didn't care about your pocket book, your car, or your enjoyment that weekend and decided to force room where it didn't exist. Seems liekly since someone said he ended up mowing the grass later on?
stownsen914 (03-30-2023)
Old 03-30-2023, 12:06 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Zhao
Politics are lame but it happens everywhere so not really surprised by anything said here. I'd be surprised if they revisited any decision already made.

When I watch that video of the 944 it's just..., why??? I don't think he was trying to pass you though. No one could possibly think that it'd be possible to pass you on the outside in that corner. If anything attempting so would open him up to getting passed by the yellow car taking the inside line.

I think more than likely that guy blew his braking zone and decided rather than go on the grass and lose his position, he really didn't care about your pocket book, your car, or your enjoyment that weekend and decided to force room where it didn't exist. Seems liekly since someone said he ended up mowing the grass later on?
That was my impression too. He might have just got in deeper then he wanted to and then ran out of track.
Old 03-30-2023, 12:56 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 353 Posts

This is why I have zero interest in club racing.

Quick Reply: Rub Out? What is your definition for PCA Racing?