Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rolex 24 Hours Daytona

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2022 | 06:18 PM
SeaCay
Thefu
Rennlist Member

If you have tix to the race, and nowhere to sleep, I have 2 infield campsites close to turn 4. Just provide your tent and join in the fun.
The following users liked this post:
911-140.6 (12-11-2022)
Old 12-11-2022 | 06:26 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

So where are the best places to watch the actual race from? Where can you get close to the track. Home base will be the Porsche Hospitality area but we’re gonna be walking all over.

Thanks for any info for these first timers.

Old 12-11-2022 | 07:13 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

There’s a grandstand on straight between east and west horseshoe that’s got a nice view. If Porsche corral is in same spot as it was a few years back when I last attended, that grandstand is quite close.
dgrobs (12-11-2022)
Old 12-11-2022 | 09:27 PM
jsabatini
Drifting

Originally Posted by dgrobs
So where are the best places to watch the actual race from? Where can you get close to the track. Home base will be the Porsche Hospitality area but we’re gonna be walking all over.

Thanks for any info for these first timers.
It's a 24 hour race, watch from all around the track. Bleachers on both sides of Porsche Corral.

We typically do the pre-race grid walk to check out the start finish and then go into the grandstands to watch the start of the race for a while. You can move to many different areas in the grandstands, close to the track at start finish to see and feel the speed of the cars, go up high to see the whole track.

Then take the shuttle back to the infield and move all over the track.

Back to the grandstands at night, down by entrance to turn 1 to see the glowing rotors, back up high to see the entire track.

Back to the infield overnight to roam the pits to see who is working on cars to get them back out.

If you are taking pictures bring a small step ladder to get over the fence line.

My son Cooper and I will be volunteering in the Corral for a few hours each day, send me a PM if you would like any additional info.

Can't wait to see the new GTP cars!
Old 12-11-2022 | 10:53 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jsabatini
It's a 24 hour race, watch from all around the track. Bleachers on both sides of Porsche Corral.

We typically do the pre-race grid walk to check out the start finish and then go into the grandstands to watch the start of the race for a while. You can move to many different areas in the grandstands, close to the track at start finish to see and feel the speed of the cars, go up high to see the whole track.

Then take the shuttle back to the infield and move all over the track.

Back to the grandstands at night, down by entrance to turn 1 to see the glowing rotors, back up high to see the entire track.

Back to the infield overnight to roam the pits to see who is working on cars to get them back out.

If you are taking pictures bring a small step ladder to get over the fence line.

My son Cooper and I will be volunteering in the Corral for a few hours each day, send me a PM if you would like any additional info.

Can't wait to see the new GTP cars!
Wow, thanks. I’ll be in touch before the race. Appreciate the help guys.
Old 12-11-2022 | 10:55 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

So where are the best places to watch the actual race from? Where can you get close to the track.
The best place??? From behind the steering wheel of one of the competitors. Duh!

But those seats are rather pricey...
9114609048 (12-21-2022)
Old 12-11-2022 | 11:30 PM
jsabatini
Drifting

Not sure, but I think your Porsche Hospitality package is located in the "Club Suites" in the main grandstands. The Porscheplatz (Porsche Corral) is located in the infield where many of us park and enjoy the PCA hospitality tent as our home base. The Porsche Hospitality deal includes access to private shuttles (golf carts) that take you back and forth from main grandstands to the infield. If it is as cold as last year you will have the best of both worlds, the nice cozy warmth of the Porsche Hospitality area, with easy access to the action around the infield.
Old 12-12-2022 | 08:51 AM
ParadiseGT3
Three Wheelin'

Wow, thanks. I’ll be in touch before the race. Appreciate the help guys.
If there are class battles at the end, can't recommend upper grandstands enough. High enough to see the entire track. Was able to watch both DPi and GTD Pro battles this year. The latter was more closely contested, but watching Castroneves and Taylor (DPi) snake their way through all of the other classes at 10/10ths from a bird's eye view was also unreal.

Last edited by ParadiseGT3; 12-12-2022 at 08:52 AM.
Old 12-12-2022 | 08:55 AM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

At night i liked watching from the low speed corner infield stands. The glowing rotors would amaze me.
Old 12-12-2022 | 11:44 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Not sure, but I think your Porsche Hospitality package is located in the "Club Suites" in the main grandstands. The Porscheplatz (Porsche Corral) is located in the infield where many of us park and enjoy the PCA hospitality tent as our home base. The Porsche Hospitality deal includes access to private shuttles (golf carts) that take you back and forth from main grandstands to the infield. If it is as cold as last year you will have the best of both worlds, the nice cozy warmth of the Porsche Hospitality area, with easy access to the action around the infield.
Wow, that's great to know. I can't wait to check out ALL of it.
The wife will have her own car, so we can both come and go as we please, like if I want to stay late at night and she wants to go to bed or something like that. Can't wait.....
Old 12-12-2022 | 11:46 AM
amurph182
Racer

my favorite spots are in the main grandstand at turn 1 for the start and anywhere up high in the grandstand for the last couple of hours to watch the class battles at the end of the race. Other than that, I just wander from place to place and spend some time at each viewing spot in the infield. Something really unique (for me, anyway) is to walk down the start/finish straight along the catch fence in front of the grandstands. The ushers are ruthless about not letting you stop and watch there, but it's a nice long walk if you go slow and I really don't know of any track where you can get that close to cars going that fast. You can feel the differences in engine displacement in your gut as they come by.
ProCoach (12-12-2022)
Old 12-12-2022 | 11:54 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by amurph182
my favorite spots are in the main grandstand at turn 1 for the start and anywhere up high in the grandstand for the last couple of hours to watch the class battles at the end of the race. Other than that, I just wander from place to place and spend some time at each viewing spot in the infield. Something really unique (for me, anyway) is to walk down the start/finish straight along the catch fence in front of the grandstands. The ushers are ruthless about not letting you stop and watch there, but it's a nice long walk if you go slow and I really don't know of any track where you can get that close to cars going that fast. You can feel the differences in engine displacement in your gut as they come by.
Thanks Murph. Will check it all out.

I also need a couple restaurant recommendations. I'd like to take my wife out for a nice dinner on Friday (or Saturday) night. She's coming on this trip just for me, so a really nice dinner out on Friday and/or Saturday night would be great.

Nice upscale place if possible. Any recommendations?
Old 12-12-2022 | 12:40 PM
jsabatini
Drifting

Wow, that's great to know. I can't wait to check out ALL of it.
The wife will have her own car, so we can both come and go as we please, like if I want to stay late at night and she wants to go to bed or something like that. Can't wait.....
Again, not 100% sure what ticket package you have, you might only have one parking pass. But even with only one parking pass it would not be a problem for a second car to park across the street at One Daytona/Bass Pro Shop and take the skywalk over the main road to the track. Check your ticket package when you get it for more info, and you can always buy a second parking pass.
Old 12-12-2022 | 12:45 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Again, not 100% sure what ticket package you have, you might only have one parking pass. But even with only one parking pass it would not be a problem for a second car to park across the street at One Daytona/Bass Pro Shop and take the skywalk over the main road to the track. Check your ticket package when you get it for more info, and you can always buy a second parking pass.
Will do, thanks for the info.

I believe we each have our own separate VIP passes with PCNA, so I will have to confirm if we can park 1 or both cars in our area.

If we can only park one, it won't be a problem as I will most likely be hanging around the track more than she will want to, so she knows she has 100% free reign to do whatever she wants and if she'd rather sit at the hotel pool, then so be it.
I have a feeling she'll get into the race and the scene a bit so she may just want to stay the whole time when I'm there. Either is fine for me, and for her I'm sure.

Nice restaurants in the immediate area? Thanks....
Old 12-12-2022 | 02:54 PM
user 7208208
Banned

I'll be there again! 2022 was my first but I plan on going every year im able to from now on.

Quick Reply: Rolex 24 Hours Daytona