Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street/DE Tire/Wheel Selection

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2022 | 09:54 PM
steveP911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by APEXRaceParts
The car looks killer, Steve! I have always been a sucker for silver wheels on a black 911 with yellow brakes & belts popping through.

Too bad they don't make the Extremecontact Force in 255/35-18 as that would have been perfect up front.

Let us know how she does at Summit.
Everything worked well. My only comment on the wheels is that since I abandoned the PCCB's (to prevent a big $ down the road) the brake dust is now significant. Maybe I should have chosen Anthracite over Race Silver because after a couple sessions they look like Anthracite! I just finished my post VIR cleanup and they look great, but the upcoming WGI event will get them dirty again. I am in the process of switching to MSI studs to limit thread wear on the hubs and make it easier to mount the wheels (I take them off after every event for inspection).

Also, the Continental ExtremeContactForce tires were very good. The best hot pressure for my 911 was 32 psi, which may seem low versus others. You do not want high pressure on the track with these tires as they really get squirrely (like loose in cornering and prone to rear wheel hop during max braking). Once I got settled in they were very consistent throughout the entire session, up to 30 minutes. Maybe one lap to get enough heat to go full on. I dropped my lap times substantially from last fall when I used MPS4S tires.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited by steveP911; 04-21-2022 at 09:59 PM. Reason: forgot something
The following users liked this post:
Apex Wheels (04-22-2022)

Quick Reply: Street/DE Tire/Wheel Selection