Sponsored by:

Pitt Race with PCA

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2021, 10:29 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,482 Likes on 1,029 Posts

Originally Posted by coryf
What a great event! The Potomac region does an amazing job with their DE program. Awesome people and incredibly well organized. I had a great time helping Jay warm up to his new ride. He did awesome! Fun times talking with everyone who came over to check out the car.

This was my first trip to Pitt Race. Really fun track with great facilities. Videos don't give you a sense of how much elevation change there is. It was a little greasy with the elevated temps but was still a lot of fun to drive. It reminds me of Barber or Monticello.
Agree on everything Pitt Race.
Greasy? We were basically playing hockey Sat and Sunday afternoons. So much understeer...so much fun. Learned a lot about car control in that grease. Tons of fun.
It was pretty cool listening to you talk about that car and how to handle it and what it is capable of.
It was really clear that you helped Jay learn the car. We were out on track together every session, and then some.
As the sessions moved along, it was very clear that he was getting more comfortable with the car every time out.
That first session he did Friday morning was clearly "not Jay" as he really didn't know the car at all yet.
By Sunday afternoon, he was hammering that thing around the track, I was very impressed with how quickly he was learning the car. I assume you had lots to do with that.
BTW, are you still staring at Mr. USA blowing around by the BBQ truck? I found myself hypnotized by it. "Like watching a fire"..
Cool hanging out and listening to you talk about that car and the track. It was very easy to tell if you or Jay was driving, at least early on.
Hope to see you soon.
Old 06-30-2021, 06:16 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Glyndellis
There's a 3 day event scheduled at the end of July with Allegheny PCA. A great organization to run with. Details on motorsportsreg.com
OK Glynn and NMG, I just registered for all 3 days at your Pitt Race event, Friday-Sunday, 7/30-8/1.

Just couldn't pass up another chance to run this track for 3 more days this season. Really looking forward to coming back and meeting you folks.

I have never run with ARPCA before, so let me know if there's anything you need from me regarding experience or skill level, especially for the ASL day on Friday.

I will be coming straight from The Glen Thursday evening (with spare hoohoos and pads in tow), so I'm hoping I can drop off late on Thursday, 7/29, maybe round 10pm.

Looking forward to meeting folks from a new to me region and running this amazing track one more time this season. Can't wait.

Yes, I know I have a problem.

Anyone else wanna join me at my new favorite track?
Old 07-01-2021, 02:09 PM
GetBoosted
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That was a fun event. Came out there with a few other Riesentöter PCA region guys (I was in the black 987.1 Cayman).

Good meeting some of you guys.

Where our shanty town was located

My car
Old 07-01-2021, 02:31 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GetBoosted
That was a fun event. Came out there with a few other Riesentöter PCA region guys (I was in the black 987.1 Cayman).

Good meeting some of you guys.

Where our shanty town was located

My car
Were you running in Red?
Old 07-01-2021, 02:37 PM
GetBoosted
Rennlist Member

Nope, I was in White on Fri/Sat-AM & Black Sat-PM/Sun @dgrobs .
Old 07-01-2021, 02:47 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GetBoosted
Nope, I was in White on Fri/Sat-AM & Black Sat-PM/Sun @dgrobs .
Yeah, you were running with 2 of my other buddies who were running black Caymans in Black (congrats if black was a promo for you this weekend).

My pals were in the Black Caymans (in the black run group) numbers 21 and 24 (or 28), and they had ladybugs and another bug (can't remember which bug) on the backs of them.

We were actually joking at dinner Saturday night about how many black 987 Caymans were running in the Black run group.

Was def a fun event, and we surely dodged the weather bullet on Saturday.

I think I'm doing your WGI DE in 2 weeks. Maybe see you there..........
Old 07-01-2021, 02:57 PM
GetBoosted
Rennlist Member

Ah yeah I thought we were going to get a rain out for sure. That was great we dodged it.

And I'll be there! Watkins Glen & PittRace are my two favorite tracks. I try not to miss those during the year if I can.
Old 07-01-2021, 03:01 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Sweet. See ya there.
I may leave the Cayman at home and bring the GT3. She gets tracked a few times/season, but the Cayman is so much more fun to drive , and the Cayman gets 90% of the track duty every season.
Old 07-01-2021, 04:24 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,341 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
OK Glynn and NMG, I just registered for all 3 days at your Pitt Race event, Friday-Sunday, 7/30-8/1.

Just couldn't pass up another chance to run this track for 3 more days this season. Really looking forward to coming back and meeting you folks.

I have never run with ARPCA before, so let me know if there's anything you need from me regarding experience or skill level, especially for the ASL day on Friday.

I will be coming straight from The Glen Thursday evening (with spare hoohoos and pads in tow), so I'm hoping I can drop off late on Thursday, 7/29, maybe round 10pm.

Looking forward to meeting folks from a new to me region and running this amazing track one more time this season. Can't wait.

Yes, I know I have a problem.

Anyone else wanna join me at my new favorite track?
Awesome! I saw your registration come through on MSR. Thanks for signing up!

Our CDI will be in touch if he needs anything regarding skill level.

Drop off Thursday night will be fine. We offer camping so there is 24hour security at the gate starting Thursday later in the day.
You’ll receive an email two weeks, and again one week prior to the event with details.
Our MSR page also provides links to the Vehicle Safety Inspection (VSI) form which should be completed within 30 days prior to the event.

If you don’t receive an email blast from us by July 16th, please let me know. I am also sending a PM.

On a side note I’ll be at the Glen with RTR in a couple weeks. I’ll look for you to say hello. (I’ll be the one with the grey GT4 and they tell me I’ll be in the garage).
See you there!
Old 07-01-2021, 04:32 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
Awesome! I saw your registration come through on MSR. Thanks for signing up!

Our CDI will be in touch if he needs anything regarding skill level.

Drop off Thursday night will be fine. We offer camping so there is 24hour security at the gate starting Thursday later in the day.
You’ll receive an email two weeks, and again one week prior to the event with details.
Our MSR page also provides links to the Vehicle Safety Inspection (VSI) form which should be completed within 30 days prior to the event.

If you don’t receive an email blast from us by July 16th, please let me know. I am also sending a PM.

On a side note I’ll be at the Glen with RTR in a couple weeks. I’ll look for you to say hello. (I’ll be the one with the grey GT4 and they tell me I’ll be in the garage).
See you there!
Super, I'll find you at The Glen. Grey GT4, roger that.

I will most likely be in a Viper Green 991.2 GT3. (# 694)

My car will be easier to find than yours, so don't be shy if you see me first.

Looking forward to running with ARPCA at Pitt. Very few NTM regions anymore, in this neck of the woods anyway. See ya at The Glen.

Quick Reply: Pitt Race with PCA