Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pitt Race with PCA

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2021, 05:58 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,482 Likes on 1,029 Posts

Great couple days so far. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Perfect weather. Great folks to run with. Amazing racetrack.

Y'all gotta check out Jabs new ride. Total sickness........

Happy hour starts in 30. Yeah baby!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2021, 09:24 PM
ANGST
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

🏁🏁🏁🏎🏎🏎🏎

Last edited by ANGST; 06-27-2021 at 07:43 PM.
Old 06-28-2021, 09:11 AM
SWK6Cup

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Shout out to Patomac PCA for an amazing event! Well run, low key, superb bunch of guys and some good drivers/colleagues in my group. Had a blast, weather held out (for towing in and home, too) and, met some really great people from Potomac, Riesentoter (Go Philly!) and of all things, after towing for 8 hours, a couple from my neighborhood, who live 10 mins away.. who I never met, who drives a 6 Cup.......simply all great people to hang with, enjoy a laugh, some bench racing and a cigar or three........ can't wait to do it all again! Pitt Rave is an amazing facility and worth the long haul.......

Shout out to Kevin, Mat, Chris, Joel, Evan, David, Peter...thank you for the pleasure of your company....can't wait to see you to do it again!!!! Wiley misses y'all and says hi!

Special Shout out to Cory Freidman, what a super nice guy. He was driving this red ballistic missile, a 2017 GT3R, along with its owner, and I was lucky enough to not only check out this amazing piece of Porsche machinery, but to spend some time chatting with Cory. He couldn't have been any nicer or easier to chat with.........I am not a picture guy, but in hind site, I should have brought my phone....missed special opportunity, but I have the memory.

Last edited by SWK6Cup; 06-28-2021 at 09:21 AM. Reason: spelling
The following users liked this post:
KONG991TT (06-28-2021)
Old 06-28-2021, 11:50 AM
shizon
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that came to the event. It was a great one and I enjoyed seeing many faces from different regions (RTR, Carolinas, MORPCA, Central Indiana, FSR, Alleghany, and I'm missing some I'm sure so I'm sorry). New and old friends! We had great times on track and in the paddock. Many thanks to all the volunteers!

See you all at Pitt next year
Sean
Old 06-28-2021, 12:28 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Got home around 1 am this morning after a 7 hour tow. Got to the office 2 hours late this morning. Needed the sleep.

What a great 3 days. Jabs new car is awesome, and Cory was great to talk with.
What a nice guy and so damn smart about this sport and that car.
I was paddocked right next to them and it was great to hang with that crew, especially "after hours". Been a while since I drank that much bourbon, and thanks for dinner Friday night. Shizon was grill master, and the food was great.

Great weather, great people, amazing racetrack, and a really good vibe with lots of courtesy and respect on track.

So many different regions represented at this event. Seems like folks came from Florida to Maine and out to Illinois and Ohio. Such a great mix of people and lots of new friends made, along with all my old Potomac pals. Just a great time.

And, as usual, a quick thanks to Shizon for knocking a couple seconds off my times as I got down to a 1:58-1:58.05 consistently yesterday morning.
Not great for most of the red run group drivers, but def a PB for me.
Seems every time Shizon gives me advice, I take some time off my laps. Thanks buddy.

Funny story about Jabs and the new car.
In the 2nd Red session Saturday, I staged right ahead of Jabs knowing that I would point him by somewhere between 3-4 or 4-5, and that's just what I did.
Get him by quickly and don't worry about him for the rest of the session. Seemed to be my MO the whole 3 days with him, and it worked just fine.
Towards the end of that session as I came out of the 1-2 combo and heading towards 3, there is Jabs again, smack in the middle of my rear view mirror.
I thought I was seeing things.
I know he is crazy fast, and that car is just the chit, but how the F did he just lap me in a 25 minute session? I know I suck, but I also know there's no way I can suck that bad....or could I?
I came back in after the checkered with my head hanging in shame.
I didn't want to go talk to Jabs or Cory about getting lapped, so I just kept to myself and sat in my truck wondering how I got lapped. Do I really suck that bad? Was I really that slow? Was he really that fast?
Finally, I had to go let Jabs and Cory know how floored I was by his driving and how well he was handling his new ride. Jabs was somewhere else, but Cory was there. I think he saw that I was a bit upset about getting lapped. He could have kept his mouth shut, but he did the right thing.
Cory pulls me over to the side and tells me Jabs didn't lap me. Turns out, Jabs came in to the pits for an adjustment towards the end of the session, and he came back out just as I was apexing T-2 at the blend line. I didn't see him coming out as he wasn't quite out of the hot pits yet.
When I got right after 2 heading towards 3, there was Jabs again in my rear view. He closed on me really fast and I got him right by...AGAIN!!! I just couldn't understand how he just did that to me.
I felt much better after I spoke with Cory and found out that I didn't get lapped. Whew..........

Nice to see everybody, and hanging out with Kong was quite the trip. That guy has some great smokes for sure (thanks for the ride home stick), and is just a hoot to hang out with. What a character.

Thanks again to Potomac PCA for a great 3 days. Already looking forward to next season's event.

Not sure how this track flies under the radar the way it does. Has def become one of my favorites, and I love it more and more every time I'm there. Such an amazing flow to those 18 corners once you learn the track. Not sure I know of any other track that flows as nicely as Pitt Race.

If you've never been there, you are doing yourself a disservice by not going. Really is an amazing place. Just seems to fly under everyone's radar.

Oh, and a quick shout out to Waze for getting me around that construction on 80 East last night. Saved me at least an hour on the ride home.

Smile is still on my face from this weekend. Great job Potomac, as always. See y'all at SP later this season.

Last edited by dgrobs; 06-28-2021 at 01:08 PM.
Old 06-28-2021, 12:29 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shizon
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that came to the event. It was a great one and I enjoyed seeing many faces from different regions (RTR, Carolinas, MORPCA, Central Indiana, FSR, Alleghany, and I'm missing some I'm sure so I'm sorry). New and old friends! We had great times on track and in the paddock. Many thanks to all the volunteers!

See you all at Pitt next year
Sean
I think there may have been an NNJR guy there as well....lol.

Thanks for the track walk and data advice. 1:58 baby..WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO........
Old 06-28-2021, 12:52 PM
shizon
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Damnit, I knew I was going to miss some and of course it was your region.

Great driving and great improvement!
Old 06-28-2021, 06:08 PM
KONG991TT
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 170 Posts

Great time at one of my favorite tracks this past weekend. Thanks to all of our cousins from other regions that joined Potomac for this event. Got a chance to put a lot of faces to names! The weather was gorgeous and the only thing better was the company!

@SWK6Cup and I coincidentally paddocked next to each other and boy did we fill the paddock up with cigar smoke! Over the last 3 days, I got a chance to really get to know him and it was a reminder that from time to time, you end up crossing some really really great people.

SWK, Grobs and I

SWK's pup Wiley and I became friends very quickly!

The event was not without drama for me though. After the 1st session of the 2nd day, I discovered a little cord showing on the front right tires' shoulder. I had almost packed it up to go home but after speaking with my tire supplier, he assured me that flipping/rotating them would be fine.

(Small world story incoming!)
So, chatting with the guy changing my tires, I discovered that I know his sister from her flagging days at my old track Gingermance Raceway 20 years ago!

Jabs showed up to the track with Thor's hammer

Jabs even found some time to ride shotgun to help me work on a few things:

More random track pics!

Last edited by KONG991TT; 06-28-2021 at 06:11 PM.
Old 06-28-2021, 11:11 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,341 Likes on 577 Posts

Take a look at Allegheny's Pitt Race HPDE July 30-Aug 1. Friday is advanced solo lapping for instructors and approved solo drivers. Sat/Sun is usual instructed format. We require all 3 days if you want to join Friday. It’s a bargain for a ton of track time, and our way of saying thanks to instructors. We don’t assign more than one student so instructors aren’t “over-cooked”. It’s on MSR.
Old 06-28-2021, 11:50 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
Take a look at Allegheny's Pitt Race HPDE July 30-Aug 1. Friday is advanced solo lapping for instructors and approved solo drivers. Sat/Sun is usual instructed format. We require all 3 days if you want to join Friday. It’s a bargain for a ton of track time, and our way of saying thanks to instructors. We don’t assign more than one student so instructors aren’t “over-cooked”. It’s on MSR.
I may be able to pull this off and drag a few friends with me. As I did earlier this season. I’d be coming straight from Watkins to Pitt Race Thursday evening to pull it off.

Plan is WGI Chin Mon/Tues, WGI Niagara Weds/Thurs, and Pitt Race Allegheny Fri-Sun.

Did something very similar earlier this season with Niagara at Glen into NNJR at Pitt.

I’ll reg for ARPCA tomorrow if the fam is ok with me doing it.

Any of my Potomac buddies wanna join me for this full week at 2 great tracks? How about my Niagara and NNJR buddies? PM me if you’re interested and we’ll set up the convoy.

Im gonna do it….
Old 06-28-2021, 11:52 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Post the link to reg for ARPCA. Searching sucks on the new MSR site. Thanks…
Old 06-29-2021, 12:12 AM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,341 Likes on 577 Posts

Link to register:
ARPCA Pitt Race July 30 - Aug 1

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...l-compl-603337
Old 06-29-2021, 12:28 AM
KONG991TT
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
I may be able to pull this off and drag a few friends with me. As I did earlier this season. I’d be coming straight from Watkins to Pitt Race Thursday evening to pull it off.

Plan is WGI Chin Mon/Tues, WGI Niagara Weds/Thurs, and Pitt Race Allegheny Fri-Sun.

Did something very similar earlier this season with Niagara at Glen into NNJR at Pitt.

I’ll reg for ARPCA tomorrow if the fam is ok with me doing it.

Any of my Potomac buddies wanna join me for this full week at 2 great tracks? How about my Niagara and NNJR buddies? PM me if you’re interested and we’ll set up the convoy.

Im gonna do it….
Man, I would have been down to do Pitt Race but that's the same weekend as Potomac's Porsche-Fest at Summit Point. I likely will register for the combined NASA Mid-Atlantic/Great Lakes (7/23) and PCA Allegheny (10/29) events at Pitt Race. Can't get enough of that track!
Old 06-29-2021, 08:19 AM
coryf
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 66 Posts

What a great event! The Potomac region does an amazing job with their DE program. Awesome people and incredibly well organized. I had a great time helping Jay warm up to his new ride. He did awesome! Fun times talking with everyone who came over to check out the car.

This was my first trip to Pitt Race. Really fun track with great facilities. Videos don't give you a sense of how much elevation change there is. It was a little greasy with the elevated temps but was still a lot of fun to drive. It reminds me of Barber or Monticello.
Old 06-29-2021, 08:25 AM
SWK6Cup

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

@KONG991TT : Thankx for the pix buddy! I sure hope to see you real soon, along with the others, man did I have a great time and what a track!

Keep the faith....remember, F' Caner and namaste!

R\\
Scott
The following users liked this post:
KONG991TT (06-29-2021)

Quick Reply: Pitt Race with PCA