Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Racing & Drivers Education Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum-65/)
-   -   Pitt Race with PCA (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/1253808-pitt-race-with-pca.html)

Jabs1542 06-01-2021 08:51 AM

Pitt Race with PCA

Come out to Pitt Race and enjoy an awesome 3-day weekend with Potomac PCA. The event is June 25-27, we have openings in all run groups, and instructors are always welcomed and needed.

If you haven’t driven Pitt Race then you are missing a fun challenging track with plenty of elevation changes, the northern cousin to VIR (fun fact, the owners of VIR also own Pitt Race). And if you haven’t driven with Potomac then you’re in for an eye opener, fast pace, expanded passing in both Black and Red run groups, instruction in Green and Blue run groups, and a White run group with plenty of open solo space.

Register here on MSR: MSR Pitt Race

KONG991TT 06-01-2021 11:58 AM

A 3 day event at Pitt Race? I'm in!
What an awesome track to drive. Looking forward to it Jabs!

dgrobs 06-02-2021 10:35 AM

Thanks J.

I registered the day reg opened I think. Love love love this track. Amazing how such a world class track flies under the radar the way Pitt Race does. Such an amazing track and so much fun and you never hear anyone talking about it. Why?

Was at Pitt with my region NNJR a few weeks ago but for only 2 days. It was our first time there as a region, and everyone seemed to love the place, but 2 days really isn't enough to learn the track well.

Really need that 3rd day. I think we are going back for 3 days next season, I hope anyway.

As always, a great time with my NNJR brethren ( and sistren sp?).

This is def a 3 day track. I was there a couple times (I think) with Potomac, both 3 day events.

I can't wait to get back there with you guys in a few weeks.

Jabs, I'll bring some Jefferson Reserve and a cigar or 3 for the post track "drivers meetings".....lol. Bring what you will. I may be camping with you guys, may be.

For those who have not been to Pitt Race, you are doing yourself an disservice by not checking the place out.

This 3 day event is the perfect opportunity to come out and learn an amazing and technical new track, not to mention the facilities are about as first rate as it gets.

As always, you can expect a fun and safe event from Potomac PCA, one of the best in the business.

Looks like only 116 drivers registered as of this morning, so it looks like plenty of open track with plenty of track time.

If you've been waiting to check out a new to you track with a great bunch of people, this is the event to do it at.

See y'all there.

Glyndellis 06-02-2021 09:58 PM

Bruce

Try a hotel in Cranberry Twp this time!!!

DFWCanuck 06-02-2021 10:52 PM

Thumbs up for cranberry twp!

ru_stupid2 06-02-2021 11:06 PM

i just did 2 days at Pitt Race with ChinTrackDays, before this my only 2 tracks were Barber and NCM. The flow of PittRace is amazing with great turns, elevation changes and super fun straights. I followed this with Mid-Ohio and can say they are both wonderful tracks, i wish I didn't live so far away from these down here in Nashville but will plan for the pair again next year!

#addicted to the track(s)

Glyndellis 06-02-2021 11:30 PM

There's a 3 day event scheduled at the end of July with Allegheny PCA. A great organization to run with. Details on motorsportsreg.com

dgrobs 06-03-2021 07:49 AM

Which hotels in Cranberry?

How far is it from the track?

I may end up camping in the paddock with Jabs and crew but my trailer doesn’t have AC yet.

177mph 06-03-2021 09:10 AM

I'm also looking for a hotel rec out there - as the last place I stayed wasn't...ideal.

argonaut95 06-03-2021 09:39 AM

Count me in as another driver who loves Pitt Race. It has such a great mix of corners and terrain: elevation change to rival Watkins Glen, Off camber esses, Blind crest, High speed straights Slow speed corners, butt pukering high speed kink...whats not to like. The track itself is in really good shape - relatively new and smooth and all the grounds are well maintained. The only thing it really lacks is garage space.

DTMiller 06-03-2021 02:16 PM

I was just there with Chin and it's been a couple years and now I remember why I like it so much. Jealous of you guys headed there!

dgrobs 06-03-2021 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by DTMiller (Post 17470017)
I was just there with Chin and it's been a couple years and now I remember why I like it so much. Jealous of you guys headed there!

DT, why don't you join us with Potomac at Pitt in a couple weeks?

Be great to see you again. Been awhile.

Also, those Wampum hookers are second to none (no teeth!!), and don't even get me started on that high quality Western Pennsylvania cocaine........

What's not to love?

Join us?

DTMiller 06-03-2021 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by dgrobs (Post 17470027)
DT, why don't you join us with Potomac at Pitt in a couple weeks?

Be great to see you again. Been awhile.

Also, those Wampum hookers are second to none (no teeth!!), and don't even get me started on that high quality Western Pennsylvania cocaine........

What's not to love?

Join us?

I would love to, but that's during the family trip to Vermont and WGI for the IMSA race. We do need to meet up, it has been too long.

dgrobs 06-03-2021 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by DTMiller (Post 17470120)
I would love to, but that's during the family trip to Vermont and WGI for the IMSA race. We do need to meet up, it has been too long.

Ah yes, I forgot about Vermont. Enjoy that wonderful little corner of our country. We'll catch up later in the season.

anthony42hat 06-03-2021 06:01 PM

I'll be there! And Bruce, you don't stick around long enough after the track goes cold to even enjoy a bourbon!!