Sponsored by:

Adios

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 10:19 PM
Lothar
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CC,

Don't take your ball and go home. I know that you are smarter than all of us and our powers are limited but we may be of some use for a while.

Of course, at some point your intellect and powers may be so great that you will just reach out with your mind and swat the rest of us like flies. (Does anyone remember that Star Trek episode?)

Debate and discussion are commonplace on this board. You have brought a new aspect as we wait on your next revelalation. You have informed us by decree. We must all repent for our past indiscretions, i.e. relying on experienced instructors, and bow to your g-sum and trail-braking theory.

Of course, we are dazzled by your truth as you have worked for literally hours at the track to validate your claims.

Please don't offer anymore pearls of wisdom. We are still waiting for you to substantiate the miriad of proclaimations that you have already offered. I am not completely convinced by your approach that asks us to believe because these concepts have dribbled from YOUR keyboard. Oh but I forgot, you're an engineer, and they're never wrong.

Please do keep the videos coming.

CC, that was an attack with a dollup of heavy sarcasm. Disagreement does not constitute a personal attack. I found many of your responses to be more attack-like than the posts that simply didn't agree with your view of performance driving. You accuse others of having poor character, yet you are far from setting a shining example of fine character with your childish, arrogant and defensive behavior. I found your opening post of this thread amusing, "I may state opinions here or there, but I will offer no more in depth discussion". Your opinion would have been welcome from the first time you posted your video. Instead, you posted your opinion as indisputable fact. Detractors are to be criticized and demeaned. I love your style. May I suggest a Dale Carnegie course. You might not be interested, since Dale Carnegie courses have knowledgable instructors with proven success at interpersonal relations. I'll let you know if they develop a Dale Carnegie data acquisition system that shoves some wires up your *** and lets you know if you are offending everyone with whom you are trying to communicate.

This thread absolutely takes the cake. It clearly said, "Poor me. I'm so smart and so right but these stupid a-holes refuse to acknowledge my superior intellect. I will show them. I will deprive them of my superior insight and rub their noses in it."

CC, go wherever you want.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:14 PM
DGaunt
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think it is an unfortunate generalization to say virtually everyone piled on. I read *many* thoughtful, insightful, albeit direct replys to your theories that were presented in the same direct way your opinions were. I could count the number of overtly hostile replys in the original thread on the fingers of one hand or so. Discussion is a two way street--wow that is profound--so live and let live and stop being so darned defensive.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:13 AM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

Guys, check the post dates. This post was originally made 5 months ago. Oh, I forgot, the facts don't matter.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:20 AM
Patrick
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member - times 3

Received 230 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by ColorChange
Guys, check the post dates. This post was originally made 5 months ago. Oh, I forgot, the facts don't matter.
5 months ago or not, you said:
Well, you guys win. I’m done. I will close a few loose ends out of principal but this will probably be my last major post on these (or other) topics. I may state opinions here or there, but will offer no more in depth discussion. So many of you have such poor character (not admitting an error when absolutely proven, resorting to personal attacks to cover ignorance, etc.) that it just isn’t worth my time. .
So what matters?
Old 08-19-2004, 03:01 AM
Lothar
Rennlist Member

CC,

OK, my mistake. I can admit a mistake.

Now why are you still here? You went right back to telling us all how stupid and ill-mannered we are.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:23 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

bump - for an oldie but goodie...
Old 10-19-2005, 11:17 PM
jgrant
Burning Brakes

LOL! Here I was having a bad day and after reading a few CC threads, I'm feeling all better.

I almost envision Jerry Springer hosting the show "G-Sum or G-Spot" with CC as a guest.

:P
Old 10-20-2005, 08:14 AM
oldtimer
Racer

Wassup ? I was quietly working when Rennlist Discussion Forum sent me a mail encouraging me to return to this thread which apparently I contributed to several months ago. Spent 10 minutes revising all 3 pages of it... addictive
Old 10-20-2005, 09:01 AM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Oh, jeez Brian - don't play with me like that!
Old 10-20-2005, 09:26 AM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just think, if he'd have really left like he said he was going to, we would have missed out on all that fun over the last 10-14 days!
Old 10-20-2005, 08:49 PM
Ron Cohn
Addict
Rennlist Member

A lot of emphasis in these posts is placed on going fast, ultimate adhesion, and so on. Although this is appropriate for competitive racing, it is overemphacised for high performance, i.e., DE and track driving. Much pleasure can be realized in a car that is not fully sorted and tweaked, one with less adhesion and more suspension compliance.

I have spent many years racing and instructing and can say that over-engineering the car does not necessarily lead to greater drivng pleasure. Some of my best times have been in stock cars, not up to the peformance of the rest of the field. They can, at times, make you drive harder and better.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:06 PM
trumperZ06
Burning Brakes

Yep !!! 5 months later and...

YOUR STILL HERE !!!

CC's truly an example of... " LOW CHARACTER " !!!
Old 10-20-2005, 10:00 PM
DanS911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brian you are one sick man...........watching the views go up and imagining the suffering
Old 10-20-2005, 10:06 PM
f1rocks
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You sick b@st@rd$ here I've been reading the thread thinking "finally some peace and normalcy on the race forum...." but no the saga will continue.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:17 PM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

OK Guys, This is current as of 10/18/05 - I give yet again. The majority of low character hoodlums on this board I was willing to ignore, but when I get people like TD who’s opinion I regard highly, being at best mildly supportive (thank you for that), and others who I think are pretty decent also express strong frustration with me (like Joe P, John Hajny, etc.) then I take responsibility for my actions here and will cease and desist.

I hope I have been able to contribute to this board. I apologize for and regret my actions that did not advance the discussions here. Specific thanks goes out to Chris Cervelli and FormulaOne10, for their support. Best wishes to all of you.

Quick Reply: Adios